caledonia

Scottish Elections

SCOTTISH ELECTIONS  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you be voting for come the Scottish Elections in May

1 hour ago, Lencarl said:

Heard it all now.

Should everyone in the UK get a say on Scottish independence? Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP say it's time for another referendum but should the whole of the UK get to vote or is just up to Scotland to decide on their future?

Let's let England vote to decide the issue once and for all.

:laughing:

Where you reading that ?

1 minute ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Where you reading that ?

It seems Jeremy Vine on Channel 5 asked the question.

also 

Adam Boulton on Sky asks Val McDermid if Scotland would stop using the English language after independence.

• Haha 2
  • Solidarity 1

19 hours ago, Lencarl said:

I voted both SNP because that is what the SNP wanted us members to do and I always follow advice from Nicola.

If Nicola said jump off a cliff would you do it?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

So it all panned out pretty much as we all expected - little change.

The Greens will be happy, but I am relieved they only got 3 new MSPs, taking them to 9 (I think 10 - 12 was mooted at one point).

Our 2 most influential politicians we have remain as:

Nicola Sturgeon.

Real world experience: 1 yr of voluntary work in a law center

Family: none

Patrick Harvie

Real world experience: answering the phone on an HIV helpline for homosexual men

With their obvious ability to relate to ordinary people and understand life in the real world: families, employment etc, Scotland is sure to continue its soaring successes.

In particular, I am glad that they will both be able to draw on lessons learned from their "real" work experience when making policy.

Edit - the new SNP time wasting tactic seems to be shaping up as launching a protracted court battle which they know is unwinnable.

Edited by Clydeside_Sheep
  • Dildo on Bonnet 1

17 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

With their obvious ability to relate to ordinary people and understand life in the real world: families, employment etc, Scotland is sure to continue its soaring successes.

In particular, I am glad that they will both be able to draw on lessons learned from their "real" work experience when making policy.

Unlike the English parties in Scotland who have no idea what real life is, and have no interest in ordinary people at all.'

At least the Scottish Parties are working for the people of Scotland.

Independence is coming like it or not and there will be no court battle.

In Nicola we trust.

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo on Bonnet 4

"Real work experience" from the man who whinged on the Internet that working 38 hours a week was too hard. 

• Dildo on Bonnet 1

I wouldn't take advice on politics from a man who's views are aligned with the oddballs of the Scottish Family Party.

• Dildo on Bonnet 1

If its true that most votes (not seats) went to Unionist parties (and I think it is) , perhaps BoJo should call a referendum right now.

Methinks Sturgeon would shit herself.  The SNP has no money, and given the small issue of a missing 600k are not likely to attract lots of donations.

4 minutes ago, shut up meg said:

I wouldn't take advice on politics from a man who's views are aligned with the oddballs of the Scottish Family Party.

I am quite happy to debate any of their policies, any time you fancy looking like a chump.

13 minutes ago, Lencarl said:

Unlike the English parties in Scotland who have no idea what real life is, and have no interest in ordinary people at all.'

Well, referring to them as "english" shows you up, but as regards their experience:

Sarwar is a qualified dentist and works as one for several years.  His family also owns a cash and carry business.

Douglas Ross graduated from an agricultural college worked in the cattle industry (like most in the NE who arent big in ile).

Both much better placed to make policy than Sturgeon and her creepy lapdog.

I don't know much about Willie Rennie, nor would I care to, but the lib dems are irrelevant anyway.

I do actually admire your continual defence of your religion and politics and I'm sure we might have some shared views however I don't think there is any chance of us agreeing on the majority of things.

Lets skip the 15 pages of you quoting ancient script or opinion pieces from the Boston Catholic Herald as proof of your views and agree to disagree.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Well, referring to them as "english" shows you up, but as regards their experience:

Sarwar is a qualified dentist and works as one for several years.  His family also owns a cash and carry business.

Douglas Ross graduated from an agricultural college worked in the cattle industry (like most in the NE who arent big in ile).

Both much better placed to make policy than Sturgeon and her creepy lapdog.

I don't know much about Willie Rennie, nor would I care to, but the lib dems are irrelevant anyway.

Come on CS, surely you must admit that DR has the look of a wrong un?

7 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Well, referring to them as "english" shows you up

In my eyes Tory, Labour and Liberal Parties are Westminster run English Parties.

They call themselves Scottish Parties to try to "fit in" to Scottish politics.

How is that going for them ?

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

The Greens will be happy, but I am relieved they only got 3 new MSPs, taking them to 9 (I think 10 - 12 was mooted at one point).

Nicola Sturgeon.

Patrick Harvie

Real world experience: answering the phone on an HIV helpline for homosexual men

Edit - the new SNP time wasting tactic seems to be shaping up as launching a protracted court battle which they know is unwinnable.

Sturgeon graduated in 1992 with a degree in Law

She did her legal traineeship with McLure Naismith solicitors, becoming fully qualified in 1995.

Then worked 2 years with a firm of solicitors in Stirling, and a further 2 years with Drumchapel Law Centre (not voluntary....it is a non-profit organisation, big difference. She was getting paid...)

So 7 years working in the legal profession, not 1 year voluntary

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, caledonia said:

Ayr is part of south Scotland list which gave 3 Tories and 3 Labour so voting for another independent minded party would have made a difference.

maybe you need to understand the voting system better

Maybe you need to understand that what was on offer was unelectable.

A handsy old has been backed by some of the craziest of crazies that claim to stand up for womans rights while putting the names of Salmond's complainers out on twitter and calling one of them a drunken slag - words directly from the ALBA Campaign manager on his twitter. I'd rather have Conservatives win list seats in Aberdeen than see someone like Salmond or Bradley Booth get a seat and then represent me.  

Then there's the vaccine denying, Roma hating, boxer...

Its not independence at all costs for a lot of us especially if that cost is voting in conspiracy theorists and racists.

• Upvote 2
  • Solidarity 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, shut up meg said:

Come on CS, surely you must admit that DR has the look of a wrong un?

I have seen more impressive figures, yes.

(though he compares well enough to Sturgeon and Harvie).

Edited by Clydeside_Sheep

1 hour ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Nicola Sturgeon.

Patrick Harvie

Murray Ross

Real world experience: milked a coo for his da once

Family; he's a bastard

I'm just surprised we're still speaking about the SNP and independence when the calibre of opposition Westminster sends up is so high. 

12 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Sturgeon graduated in 1992 with a degree in Law

She did her legal traineeship with McLure Naismith solicitors, becoming fully qualified in 1995.

Then worked 2 years with a firm of solicitors in Stirling, and a further 2 years with Drumchapel Law Centre (not voluntary....it is a non-profit organisation, big difference. She was getting paid...)

So 7 years working in the legal profession, not 1 year voluntary

Well, If that true, we could perhaps say 4 years working as a solicitor - although "not for profit" doesn't sound like real work to me.

Its still very scant and narrow experience. 

I would make a rule  that serving politicians must have worked for 20 years* prior to entering politics.

(*or some reasonable duration)

That would ensure they had adequate experience and had the right motivations for entering politics.

25 minutes ago, shut up meg said:

I do actually admire your continual defence of your religion and politics and I'm sure we might have some shared views however I don't think there is any chance of us agreeing on the majority of things.

I am flattered.

If we all need to die on some hill, it might as well be a worthwhile one.

We would probably agree on more than you think: my views are all reason-based after all.

If you've not worked in a pub for at least a year you know fuck all about life

48 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Well, If that true, we could perhaps say 4 years working as a solicitor - although "not for profit" doesn't sound like real work to me.

Its still very scant and narrow experience. 

I would make a rule  that serving politicians must have worked for 20 years* prior to entering politics.

(*or some reasonable duration)

That would ensure they had adequate experience and had the right motivations for entering politics.

So a managing director of a charity pulling in a 6 figure salary isn't deemed real work?

• Upvote 1

Douglas Ross became a councillor in 2007 at the age of 24. If he'd went to college after school, he must only have about 3 years of any work experience. 

Yet this is irrelevant and he is much better qualified. 

Hilarious. 

Douglas Ross, the only leader of the main parties not brave enough to stand for election in a council area. 

He's a fucking fanny of a man.

• Upvote 1

And seemingly Ross has no immediate plans to resign his Westminster seat either.

Collecting full remuneration for doing part-time jobs at both. Absolute cunt of a man

44 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

And seemingly Ross has no immediate plans to resign his Westminster seat either.

Collecting full remuneration for doing part-time jobs at both. Absolute cunt of a man

chuck in his linesman duties and he is doing 3 part time jobs badly for top dollar.

No wonder he wants the higher tax rate dropped.

3 hours ago, dazzy_deff said:

So a managing director of a charity pulling in a 6 figure salary isn't deemed real work?

Nope it's fucking legalised theft.

Sick hearing of Independence already and it's only been a few days.

Call Sturgeons bluff and let her have a referendum before the end of the year.

She would shit herself .

Only 1/3rd of electors have voted for independence.

One way or another lets get it done and sorted.

Last thing I want is hearing Sturgeons whiny voice for the next 5 years.

Ps on the referendum should be a vote on Brexit as well.

• Dildo on Bonnet 1

Don’t get the “point scoring” regarding politicians background on here. Vote for who you want but pretty much all politicians are fucking idiots and egotistical .

Well Joe Bloggs  (insert party) went to / didn’t a boarding school, did / didn’t do a charity fun run when they were 12, does /doesn’t have a degree, Uncle once had shares in a company that was pro / anti independence - totally irrelevant  to being in most cases completely incompetent.

1 hour ago, Joe pike said:

Call Sturgeons bluff and let her have a referendum before the end of the year.

She would shit herself .

One way or another lets get it done and sorted.

Last thing I want is hearing Sturgeons whiny voice for the next 5 years.

Ps on the referendum should be a vote on Brexit as well.

Asking what?

1 hour ago, Joe pike said:

Weird as its normally unionists who bring it up, what fraction voted for unionist parties?