Welcome back Stephen Glass

Just now, redstrummer said:

Come on min , you got to feel a bit more upbeat after that 

That was a PR piece, intended to make us feel more upbeat. 

I take more convincing that 'Speaks a good game', I'm afraid. 

Car salesmen are terrific (there's that word again) at promoting the bucket of shite they're trying to sell you, but any potential buyer should be aware that a sales pitch is just a sales pitch... the actual test is getting that bucket of shit home without the engine exploding.

Here's the thing, he might be brilliant... I'm not saying he won't be. 

My problem is that we've hired a car salesman with a track record of selling buckets of shite with exploding engines. 

Maybe he'll start selling Ferraris, that remains to be seen. 

6 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Car salesmen are terrific (there's that word again) at promoting the bucket of shite they're trying to sell you, but any potential buyer should be aware that a sales pitch is just a sales pitch... the actual test is getting that bucket of shit home without the engine exploding.

My problem is that we've hired a car salesman with a track record of selling buckets of shite with exploding engines. 

Nae sure your analogy holds up there fella. If you can sell buckets of shite with exploding engines, selling Ferraris should be a piece of piss.

Just now, Dr_Manhattan said:

Nae sure you're analogy holds up there fella. If you can sell buckets of shite with exploding engines, selling Ferraris should be a piece of piss.

Ferrari itself is an analogy for a better quality of car. 

The point is we've taken a gamble based on smooth talking rather than obvious ability. 

2 minutes ago, Dr_Manhattan said:

He gets my support until he makes a cunt of it, at which point he will become a manky HIVs cunt who can fuck right off.

For those not old enough to remember, he almost single handedly kept us up when we looked all but doomed.

Dunfermline 3-1 was greetin like a jessy on the final whistle in the kitchens, chefs looking at me as if I’d lost ma head.thank fuck for glass the player, hope he does as well as a manager

14 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Well it's up to Cormack to back up the talk . Personally I'm encouraged things are going the right way 

12 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

After listening to Glass, I think  Brown is key to bring what Robson brought in McInnes first season. Not long after Robson stopped we got Shinnie.

Let's face it, who in the current squad is the driving force from a mentality pint of view ?? Fucking no one, that's who. 

I do hope so, but he's going to have to get realistic about what he'll get away with in a red shirt, and quick.

1 hour ago, maryhilldon said:

Genuinely amazed so many folk are happy to have Scott Brown at AFC.  What's the point of football without bitter rivalry and petty hatred? The worlds gone soft. Fuck Scott Brown. 

Fair point and petty hatred is essential. However, you’re not going to hate Celtic less if Scott Brown joins the Dons. How did you feel when Roy Aitken signed (player, not manager). Good signing at the time, I thought, but didn’t change my loathing for Celtic. 
We are in dire need of leadership on the park and he would provide that, in my view. 

no huddles mind...