Welcome back Stephen Glass

17 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Cormack tried to imply some exciting additions to the squad with Glass for next summer, as if some are already sourced/agreed but if he is just implying that for Scot Brown then he’s a fkn arse tbh.

a 38/39 year old Brown is not an exciting signing at all no matter which way you try to spin it.

it’s not even as exciting as when we signed Robson because at least Robson was still more than capable of bringing some exciting play to the side. Brown has been pretty shite for a few seasons & only really does well when in a side blessed with serious advantages over opposition & ref protection or reluctance to punish him until late on in games when a booking is of pretty much no relevance in the game. He won’t have that luxury in Aberdeen 

I take your point but he's 35 not 39

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

Our own fans have slandered Logan from pillar to post plenty. A lot of the same ones now pretending to be offended for him. 

Slandering someone for being shite at football and being a plum, is totally different to suggesting he made up that he was racially abused. 

Logan is a total fud, of that there is no doubt, it doesn't change the fact that Scott Brown encouraged a narrative that allowed Logan to be abused by Celtic fans at stadiums and on social media. AFC kept quiet on the issue, backing their player, Celtic dragged it through the papers questioning Shays integrity.

Now Scott Brown is all for believing a claim of racial abuse? When the camera is there, I'm sure.

Just now, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Slandering someone for being shite at football and being a plum, is totally different to suggesting he made up that he was racially abused. 

Logan is a total fud, of that there is no doubt, it doesn't change the fact that Scott Brown encouraged a narrative that allowed Logan to be abused by Celtic fans at stadiums and on social media. AFC kept quiet on the issue, backing their player, Celtic dragged it through the papers questioning Shays integrity.

Now Scott Brown is all for believing a claim of racial abuse? When the camera is there, I'm sure.

Apart from the perma offended who really cares?

Player says 6 or 7 years ago that he doesn't believe his team mate called someone a bad name.  Whoopdee fucking doo

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I take your point but he's 35 not 39

Fair enough. So he got shite a lot younger than I thought 

worth noting that last couple of seasons that the games where Celtic had their poor runs/results were when he was shoehorned into the side ahead of better players

2 minutes ago, NEM said:

Player says 6 or 7 years ago that he doesn't believe his team mate called someone a bad name.  Whoopdee fucking doo

Exactly. Need something to moan about so some folk just will. If the shoe was on the other foot you would have expected our captain to back our player.

2 minutes ago, NEM said:

Players call each other bad names all the time. Racial abuse is different. 

Its the fact he's so sure what was said to Glen Kamara was true, whilst denying Logan. It's the hypocrisy.

Just now, Durrant Dived said:

Exactly. Need something to moan about so some folk just will. If the shoe was on the other foot you would have expected our captain to back our player.

I would expect our captain to say 'we stand by him' not, "we know he didn't say it."

Thats different.

24 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I would expect our captain to say 'we stand by him' not, "we know he didn't say it."

Thats different.

Don’t know like. Can’t stand by someone you believe is a racist, surely? You’ve got to be convinced that he’s innocent to stand by him?

17 minutes ago, Patty said:

Don’t know like. Can’t stand by someone you believe is a racist, surely? You’ve got to be convinced that he’s innocent to stand by him?

You can say "we stand by what he's saying" without saying we "know" he didn't say it, because they couldn't possibly have fully known.

Reckon that IF Brown signs up and starts to prove himself the past will be forgotten by most fans.

Some fans though will still have a gripe.

I have followed the Dons for decades, including the glorious 80's.

Even during that time there were a few fans who mumped about the team regardless.

Strachan used to get dog's abuse from the boy to the right of me, even when he was producing man of the match performances!

That is how football is.

3 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

Reckon that IF Brown signs up and starts to prove himself the past will be forgotten by most fans.

Some fans though will still have a gripe.

I have followed the Dons for decades, including the glorious 80's.

Even during that time there were a few fans who mumped about the team regardless.

Strachan used to get dog's abuse from the boy to the right of me, even when he was producing man of the match performances!

That is how football is.

Scott Brown is a major improvement (both as a player and a leader) than anyone else we have in the team just now.

as you say as long as he is putting in a shift, anyone that holds a grudge is being a moron. 

1 minute ago, Sheepo said:

I think Brown could have the same effect as Robson did for Mcinnes. Robson played most of the games his first season and was a huge influence. He then in his 2nd year didn't play nearly as much but still did a job when required

Hopefully he is more Robson than Hartley or McNamara. 

Less of a risk than those though. 

If he's shite I guess he'll just hang up his boots and go into the coaching full time sooner. 

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Like I said we could discuss the ins and outs of it but I’m not arsed.

If folk want to care and be offended, crack on. I won’t be though and that prick from TRF shouldn’t act like he’s a spokesman for the fans.

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Like I said we could discuss the ins and outs of it but I’m not arsed.

If folk want to care and be offended, crack on. I won’t be though and that prick from TRF shouldn’t act like he’s a spokesman for the fans.

He shouldn't. Although, I don't think he is. He's just giving his opinion, which I tend to agree with. 

I can't control the outcome and it won't stop me from watching the dons, but I don't think he should be accepted in with open arms. 

Rather have a Bossin’ cunt come in than a snidey cunt.  Can’t be done with them.

And whilst I absolutely stood/stand by Logan in the incident mentioned that’s where his Saturday 3.15 snap off the 4th tee was maybe Ill advised.

In fairness I’d forgotten Tonev ‘s punishment was as big as it was (7 games?) was it not one of these where he was about to leave anyway?