Welcome back Stephen Glass

6 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Glass is a terrific speaker. 

We all have 12" cocks till the punts come aff, though. 

My thinking exactly.  Hard not be impressed by the way he presents himself.  

....but when we get down to business, and the pressure is on, can he walk the walk (and could I have added any more cliches to this sentence?)?

He really does speak well. Appears to have a real determination about him, as well as a belief in his own ability. If he can bring out the same attributes in our players, he'll be half way there. 

Was dubious about the appointment at first but after Russell & Brown being recruited and now we're seeing more of Glass, I'm all in on the appointment. 

It was good to see HOW he handled the easy-to-let-slip use of the word “rookie”, but him saying he doesn’t think he could be any more rounded is a little naive/disingenuous. The one major gap in his CV - at all levels - is his lack of results and wins. This will be the big challenge.

Win at all costs Stephen, otherwise the words will prove worthless.

I can’t wait to watch the next few matches, which is a triumph to begin with.

• Dildo 1

I am racking my brain to see what makes Glass think that he will make Aberdeen great again.

Is there something I am missing here.

It took the huns around £60 million investment to win the Premiership and compete in Europe.

How much investment in players will Aberdeen receive ?

Every new manager has his thoughts on how to have a team playing fantastic football but this needs the players capable of  doing it, and this means cash spent on quality players.

I wish Glass and his coaches well and hope it all works out as planned.

24 minutes ago, Lencarl said:

I am racking my brain to see what makes Glass think that he will make Aberdeen great again.

It took the huns around £60 million investment to win the Premiership and compete in Europe.

Every new manager has his thoughts on how to have a team playing fantastic football but this needs the players capable of  doing it, and this means cash spent on quality players.

It won't take anything like anything like £60 million to put a team on the park to at least have a go at the arse cheeks and let them know they've been in a game and beat all the rest of the shite in the league. I'm sure most fans would see this as an improvement on the last few seasons at least.

On our budget a cup win every few years and group stages in europe now and again should be easily obtainable.

26 minutes ago, Lencarl said:

The key to success is not necessarily being as good or better than the teams with much bigger budgets, it's being better than the ones with less. That said, a better attitude in those big games is definetly needed, but if you're telling me the likes of a Scott Brown or Leigh Griffiths for that matter, would step onto a pitch against Celtic or Rangers believing they are already beat, then think again.

Competing in this league, as McInnes proved, is not exactly difficult. He failed to put on a decent show though with his brand of ultra safe football, which latterly turned into hoofball. It was uninspired stuff which was turning folk away - myself included. I think most fans just want to see endeavor and bravery, mixed with a bit of attacking flair. I'd happily part with a season ticket fund each year if I thought I was getting reasonably entertained. That and the standard of off the pitch services, which Cormack already said he wants to improve.

Bottom line - we don't need £60m to compete at a far higher level. We need a different mindset and a distinct style of play.

He sounds like he has the right mentality for the job. Problem with Mcinnes was he never really believed we could compete with the cheeks at any level and this transmitted to the players. you could see especially against the Tims that the players just didn't have the belief and they always showed them far too much respect. Brown and Hopefully Glass will bring this mentality hopefully

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Lencarl said:

We dont need any investment to wipe the floor with the majority of teams in Scotland.

So looking forward to the game tomorrow,  it it’s worth bearing in mind having watched the video, that Glass and Russell have only had two days prep working with the team.

we’ve started the journey, it is not a short trip and will take some time to adapt and see a better transition in our style.

One game at a time though

COME ON YOU REDS!!!

7 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

So looking forward to the game tomorrow,  it it’s worth bearing in mind having watched the video, that Glass and Russell have only had two days prep working with the team.

we’ve started the journey, it is not a short trip and will take some time to adapt and see a better transition in our style.

One game at a time though

COME ON YOU REDS!!!

3 days training aye but it was his choice to give them Tuesday off so he obviously doesn't think the time with the players is absolutely critical.

I can see Hornby starting but beyond that am excited to be surprised by the 'immediate changes on the pitch' that he's promised.

Captain?

Formation?

Personnel?

He needs to start as he means to go on and that will involve some degree of change. It will be a risk, but if we just see a re-cycled McInnes style team, the bold talk won't be worth much. Things may not get better overnight, but at least having a go will give us some hope for the future.

Giving the captaincy to Considine will be a start.

I had said way back on this thread I love the idea of Glass working. Nothing that's come out of his mouth or body language suggests we're gonna be let down by him. He's passionate and with plenty fire in his belly, something that McIness lacked towards the end and I feel he'll improve the football and the players within the club. Bit of time. Get a few of his own players in and away we go. Feel there's a good spirit that hopefully can be maintained with results heading in good direction. Cormack has my backing too. Tasted MLS football and the standard of services in the grounds is brilliant. New stadium and with that kind of stuff in his head I'm really excited about the future. Firstly...Livingston!

1 hour ago, Sheepo said:

He sounds like he has the right mentality for the job. Problem with Mcinnes was he never really believed we could compete with the cheeks at any level and this transmitted to the players. you could see especially against the Tims that the players just didn't have the belief and they always showed them far too much respect. Brown and Hopefully Glass will bring this mentality hopefully

McInnes constantly set us up to man mark Celtic players all over the pitch.

It never worked. One player drops his man or a clever movement from a Celtic player & the whole plan is screwed.

And working on a plan purely to negate the opposition psychologically tells the players they’re inferior

Rattle in about them from the start & be aggressive. Hopefully we see that, if not this season, then next season when he can bring in a few players. 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Is there any evidence of this bulking up? They were suggesting outrageous increases in only a few weeks. 

He doesn't look any different to me the times I've seen him play for the Huns. 

Do you know what, a was thinking the exact same thing?, any time I’ve seen him since there is no indication that he has “bulked up”. Another passive aggressive way for the media to take a sly dig at our training and care for our young players.

wright bulking up-file as shite talk

1 minute ago, Dons79 said:

Do you know what, a was thinking the exact same thing?, any time I’ve seen him since there is no indication that he has “bulked up”. Another passive aggressive way for the media to take a sly dig at our training and care for our young players.

wright bulking up-file as shite talk

I'm not saying that our training didn't need a shake up, it sounds like things had slackened off towards the end of the McInnes era. 

But the Wright story just doesn't stand up based on the eye test. Not yet anyway 

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I'm not saying that our training didn't need a shake up, it sounds like things had slackened off towards the end of the McInnes era. 

But the Wright story just doesn't stand up based on the eye test. Not yet anyway 

Wright has plenty time to work in the gym, its not like he actually needs to worry about playing, basically gets about 12 minutes every 2nd game when the opposition are well beaten. Tight game against Hibs at the weekend stays on the bench. I think it will be even worse next season. He is just another Greg Stewart with a longer contract. It is not bulking up he needs as he is a fanny in his head and Heart and the gym won't cure that

184 mins for Wright so far from 12 matches which is an avg. of 15 mins per game. Only start is against Cove Rangers.

2 assists so far though.

5-8 matches left this season.

So far he looks on par with Glenn Middleton and so far looks less successful than Greg Stewart, Brandon Barker and Jordan Jones.

I think he'll do well to survive the whole of next season in the match day squad.

1 minute ago, Sheepo said:

Wright has plenty time to work in the gym, its not like he actually needs to worry about playing, basically gets about 12 minutes every 2nd game when the opposition are well beaten. Tight game against Hibs at the weekend stays on the bench. I think it will be even worse next season. He is just another Greg Stewart with a longer contract. It is not bulking up he needs as he is a fanny in his head and Heart and the gym won't cure that

Aye he's a younger player to have on the bench to replace the departing Stewart.