Welcome back Stephen Glass

2 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

If it's true how is it so hard to understand he doesn't want Motherwell to drop him before the Euros so doesn't want it announced yet?

It's absolutely no different to what Jack or even Shinnie did to a degree when they left Aberdeen. 

Kept schtum for as long as they could. 

5 hours ago, Sheepo said:

Good interview with Alan Russell on REDTV. Like his attitude and views on strikers and his I am not here to mess around comment

a little worrying how much praise he is giving the players, he seems to think they are all top top players. Hope that is just part of his ‘assurance’  rather than ‘confidence’ agenda & he isn’t really trying to convince Glass we can work with them 

Interesting that Hendry has said he has already improved him in his short time working with him.

All the more reason to give Anderson the chance to work with him ?

The breathe of fresh air around the place could have been so much better if it had been 18- 24 months ago. 

Seems the coaching is better more intense, I wonder big there is a case for coaching staff to be replaced every couple of years, to bring in new ideas fresh impetus. 

24 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

The breathe of fresh air around the place could have been so much better if it had been 18- 24 months ago. 

Seems the coaching is better more intense, I wonder big there is a case for coaching staff to be replaced every couple of years, to bring in new ideas fresh impetus. 

What a horrible workplace that would be. 

6 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

a little worrying how much praise he is giving the players, he seems to think they are all top top players. Hope that is just part of his ‘assurance’  rather than ‘confidence’ agenda & he isn’t really trying to convince Glass we can work with them 

Interesting that Hendry has said he has already improved him in his short time working with him.

Let’s not forget both Russell and Glass are novice first team coaches. The players will be scoping them out, just as much as the coaches are scoping the players out. I think something that is coming through in both Glass and Russell’s interviews is nerves - they’ll have to learn on the job really quickly and need a little humility with their abilities as a successful managers/coaches at this level. 

• Dildo 1
12 minutes ago, 1983 said:

This is the easiest their job will ever get. Time to deliver soon

Hey pant pisher!, there just in the door, try giving them time as it’s McInnes team!,

secondly!, time to deliver what?. We are out all competitions for this year so I think you might be dissapointed. 

3 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Hey pant pisher!, there just in the door, try giving them time as it’s McInnes team!,

secondly!, time to deliver what?. We are out all competitions for this year so I think you might be dissapointed. 

As in over the summer and into next season... Let’s not be deluded, if things don’t go well to start with then this place will be the first to “pant pish”.

If there was a spectrum, with one end being Ian Cathro and the other end being Pep, then Glass and co  are closer to Cathro. Time to deliver.

50 minutes ago, 1983 said:

As in over the summer and into next season... Let’s not be deluded, if things don’t go well to start with then this place will be the first to “pant pish”.

If there was a spectrum, with one end being Ian Cathro and the other end being Pep, then Glass and co  are closer to Cathro. Time to deliver.

Deliver what exactly? 1 trophy in 26 years like the previous 26? 

Firstly we all want an improvement on the shite we have been watching but I doubt that is going to click straight away. Considering 13 players could be leaving/need replaced it's going to take time. I don't see how the beginning of an era after a shambolic ending to the last is "time to deliver" 

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

He’s the assistant manager, isn’t going to say all his players are shite is he? 

He’s gone from working with Harry Kane to our lot, he knows fine well they aren’t top players. 

3 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

Firstly we all want an improvement on the shite we have been watching but I doubt that is going to click straight away.

We're already better than we were under McInnes. Players coming forward in numbers, looking like we've actually worked on things in training... movement off the ball, actually scoring goals. etc etc

5 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

That is one hell of a spectrum. I'm not sure the relevance of this

I agree it’s like saying we have hendry and Anderson when there is Kane and Harland out there 

we have what we can afford and have a realistic chance of getting on loan 

the original post was not relevant or realistic 

On 5/7/2021 at 2:56 PM, Redtaz2 said:

I agree it’s like saying we have hendry and Anderson when there is Kane and Harland out there 

we have what we can afford and have a realistic chance of getting on loan 

the original post was not relevant or realistic 

Space cadet 

On 5/7/2021 at 8:54 AM, Durrant Dived said:

Deliver what exactly? 1 trophy in 26 years like the previous 26? 

Firstly we all want an improvement on the shite we have been watching but I doubt that is going to click straight away. Considering 13 players could be leaving/need replaced it's going to take time. I don't see how the beginning of an era after a shambolic ending to the last is "time to deliver" 

How long will you give him?

If we have a poor start next season, at what point would you recognise the gamble of hiring a completely inexperienced manager hasn’t paid off? How do you know time would help if it does go pear shaped? Do you think Hearts should have kept Cathro?

We don’t live in a binary world. It seems like some on here believe you can only be for or against Glass and co. I would LOVE it to work, but I’m realistic that the odds of Glass being a success are long. Do you accept that?

My original comment about seeing nerves in both Glass and Russell was because of the way they are communicating. Russell in particular was speaking like Mal had spilt his pint. I find people who are confident and in control don’t need that front. The most serious of cunts smile and have charm, and they know when they need to flick the switch. Time will tell, I hope they do really well, but if it starts badly then you can’t throw your toys out of the pram.

• Dildo 1
6 minutes ago, 1983 said:

How long will you give him?

If we have a poor start next season, at what point would you recognise the gamble of hiring a completely inexperienced manager hasn’t paid off? How do you know time would help if it does go pear shaped? Do you think Hearts should have kept Cathro?

We don’t live in a binary world. It seems like some on here believe you can only be for or against Glass and co. I would LOVE it to work, but I’m realistic that the odds of Glass being a success are long. Do you accept that?

My original comment about seeing nerves in both Glass and Russell was because of the way they are communicating. Russell in particular was speaking like Mal had spilt his pint. I find people who are confident and in control don’t need that front. The most serious of cunts smile and have charm, and they know when they need to flick the switch. Time will tell, I hope they do really well, but if it starts badly then you can’t throw your toys out of the pram.

For all Cathro's inadequacies as a manager his teams finished above Levein's.  People forget that. He wasn't a complete disaster. Obviously better suited to being a coach though. 

27 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

For all Cathro's inadequacies as a manager his teams finished above Levein's.  People forget that. He wasn't a complete disaster. Obviously better suited to being a coach though. 

He was a complete disaster. Signed a large number of rubbish on long contracts, didn’t control the dressing room, but spoke a good game at the start.

Hearts used 42 players in his season, we used something like 24. He didn’t have a clue how to build a team. Win % was 26.

He was a COMPLETE disaster. Comparing him to Levein is like comparing AIDS to MND.

9 minutes ago, 1983 said:

He was a complete disaster. Signed a large number of rubbish on long contracts, didn’t control the dressing room, but spoke a good game at the start.

Hearts used 42 players in his season, we used something like 24. He didn’t have a clue how to build a team. Win % was 26.

He was a COMPLETE disaster. Comparing him to Levein is like comparing AIDS to MND.

Above average at Hearts I'd have thought......

8 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I'm not defending him. I'm saying Levein was worse. 

And anyway it's 1983 who is comparing Cathro and Glass. 

Absolutely. They both have zero experience of building and managing a team, and have excited people about coaching and talking well.

You said Cathro wasn’t a complete disaster. Step away.

• Dildo 1
Just now, 1983 said:

Absolutely. They both have zero experience of building and managing a team, and have excited people about coaching and talking well.

You said Cathro wasn’t a complete disaster. Step away.

I'm not saying he wasn't shite but a complete disaster would have been relegation. 

Which other Hearts, Hibs and Dundee United managers have managed. 

Time will tell re Glass but putting him in a Cathro box to suit your narrative is just mischief making. 

Why didn't you put him in a box with otegr rookie managers who did OK in their first job.  You've got an agenda

So you fucking step away.