Welcome back Stephen Glass

Guest milne_afc
6 minutes ago, slippers said:

Did you not celebrate our last cup win then?

Not really. It was an embarrassing performance. Winning on pennos against a highland team was hardly cause for celebration. Think I got on the bus to Aberdeen and ended up in Drummond, which was routine for a Sunday evening in that era.

Worth nothing it came during the weakest ever period in Scotch Footy history. 

That’s 4 away games

Conceded 7 goals in

Can debate the quality of opposition etc. All we want but that is fkn scary stats for a side hopeful of making conference group stages. 
Sadly it’s most likely too late to accept the problem is there & fix it in time. 

Not for today’s result but for his failures in seeing the obvious weakness in our defence it will take a while for Glass to be seen as fully competent to me. Amateur management really. He’s basically tried to convince himself (& the support) that the signing of a Gallagher was enough for our defence (which was already shite/threadbare) just because we had Brown protecting them.

Remember now, his first excuses were that if he had made all his signings on one day rather than spread out over the period they were then we would all be happy. Not only is that condescending but ignorant.

Blatantly obvious that his signings weren’t enough ESPECIALLY IN FKN CENTRAL DEFENCE ?

I don’t think I should watch his post match for this because if he doesn’t accept full culpability here & admit he hasn’t signed all players needed for the basics of competing at this level on ALL fronts then it will take a long time for him to win me back over. He’s not close to Mcinnes levels of dislike  yet because he is braver IMO but that bravado does seem to have a bit of ignorance & arrogance polluting his abilities 

32 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

Apparently Glass wants a CF and attacking midfielder but worryingly not a central defender. Surely today must make him realise that’s essential. 

Under normal circumstances that would be exciting but the reality of where we are means that is quite fkn scary.

Defence is really poor as a unit & just ONE injury/suspension & it’s ridiculously weak. really amateur defensive management. Even as far as to say he’s out of his depths on that front & Aberdeen was a level too high for him to start in Scotland 

Two pretty amateur/embarrassing cup exits in a short space of his early career & zero lessons learned defensively.

Hard to fully excuse the Utd one as 3-0 at home but he got benefit of doubt with no window to fix it. Zero excuses for this one.

Cant hide behind ‘a glorious resurgence’ for long because next game could be too late.

Gone from pleasantly high expectations back to expectations of failure already. Mostly because the cunt seems ignorant to our most basic weaknesses. Honeymoon period over. Knuckle down 

Guest milne_afc
Just now, minijc said:

LOL

I alluded to it before Burns had tweeted about it.

You don’t need to prove your credentials on here chief ?