Welcome back Stephen Glass

16 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Bollox. 
so if he had just signed all women you would be of same opinion that he gets free pass?

I said I’d give him two windows yes. But he has made a complete cock of the central defensive side of things so far. That was blatantly obvious over a month ago, so his & Cormacks BS bravado of group stage football & top100 was either approached with complete incompetence or they were just speaking pish

He’s signed two Scottish international centre halves. 

25 minutes ago, Millertime said:

How's it too early to judge?

He has signed 11 players and we are about what, 3 or 4 months in?

It's too early to say if he is the right answer or not, agreed, but its not too early to say he is under achieving 

Exactly. This isn’t a training/learn as you go job he’s taken. He was touted as a vastly underrated & vastly experienced coach that knows a lot about what is needed in Scottish football.

Cormack cannot come out with all that shite & then have folk making excuses for him.

Any manager Aberdeen take on should be expected to hit ground running & he had more than enough time to asses the squad pre window at end of last season

20 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Exactly. This isn’t a training/learn as you go job he’s taken. He was touted as a vastly underrated & vastly experienced coach that knows a lot about what is needed in Scottish football.

Cormack cannot come out with all that shite & then have folk making excuses for him.

Any manager Aberdeen take on should be expected to hit ground running & he had more than enough time to asses the squad pre window at end of last season

He should be given time, but should also be on his final warning in terms of cup competitions.

19 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

3 strikes and you're out. Win a cup and previous strikes will be cleared from the record. 

As in fail to win a cup (I presume you mean domestic) in 3 attempts and you get bulleted???

Or if not.....at what stage of getting put out of the cups do you consider acceptable? 

19 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

As in fail to win a cup (I presume you mean domestic) in 3 attempts and you get bulleted???

Or if not.....at what stage of getting put out of the cups do you consider acceptable? 

Quality of opponent and performance. If he gets knocked out by the Huns or Celtic then fair enough. But defeats to Raith Rovers and pathetic capitulations to Dundee United are not on. 

If he's as good as is being made out then there's no need to worry as he won't fuck it up again. If he fucks up again thats not a good sign, and personally I wouldnt be prepared to waste anymore attempts and would rather move on, that risk another season going down the drain. 

2 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Quality of opponent and performance. If he gets knocked out by the Huns or Celtic then fair enough. But defeats to Raith Rovers and pathetic capitulations to Dundee United are not on. 

If he's as good as is being made out then there's no need to worry as he won't fuck it up again. If he fucks up again thats not a good sign, and personally I wouldnt be prepared to waste anymore attempts and would rather move on, that risk another season going down the drain. 

Fuck sake, nae geing the boy 6 months even.

Were transitioning at the moment, the window has barely shut on the first opportunity to make changes.

Even the best of managers need time to make a difference.

27 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Fuck sake, nae geing the boy 6 months even.

Were transitioning at the moment, the window has barely shut on the first opportunity to make changes.

Hes made plenty of signings and we don't enter the Scottish Cup until 22nd January, so he's got plenty of time. 

The 2 Cup results to date have been a disgrace, which some have chalked up to a learning experience. But as others have pointed out, this is not a training school for wannabe managers. 

Callum Davidson didn't need time or to waste cup opportunities on learning his craft - he just did it. 

So how much time does he need? I keep hearing he needs time, but no-one ever defines it other than Dod Burnett who said 3 fucking seasons!!!! How many cups are you prepared to throw down the drain in the hope that Glass turns out to be a megastar?

5 hours ago, Millertime said:

It's widely known that the Hornby,  kamberi and Hendry loans were last minute and not what mcinnes wanted 

It’s not widely known because you’ve just made that up.

Hornby was specifically asked for by McInnes. Brought in over and above the budget he’d already wasted and he was pish. It was the final nail in his coffin with Cormack.

3 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

No they haven’t.

And no he isn’t.

Stop talking absolute fucking shite. 

It’s not shite. Tell me a time in the past 40 odd years when we have had a worse selection of CH’s to choose from then. I cannot remember there ever being such a poor selection & it’s not long since Mulgrew was still chosen as CAPTIAN in central defence. So no, none of what I said was ‘absolute fkn shite’ 

11 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

It’s not shite. Tell me a time in the past 40 odd years when we have had a worse selection of CH’s to choose from then. I cannot remember there ever being such a poor selection & it’s not long since Mulgrew was still chosen as CAPTIAN in central defence. So no, none of what I said was ‘absolute fkn shite’ 

You've got a bit of a centre half fixation going on currently

8 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Fair shout.

Guy called Alex Ferguson had Aberdeen FC regress significantly in his first season from what they were the season before.

We were tremendous team to watch in 77-78. 2 points from winning the title.

Then that useless cunt came along for 78-79 and we were absolutely, without debate, a way worse footballing side.

Also results wise winning 13 out of 36 league games as opposed to 22 wins the previous season and subsequently sliding down the league.

Previous 18 league games before he took over -

W 14

D 4

L0

Ferguson's 1st 18 games

W 6

D 6

L 6

Then lost 3, drew 2 and a single victory from the next 6 games after that.

5 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Yes. It is.

Mark Perry, Derek Whyte, Thomas Solberg for  starters.

The Rory McArdle era.

There will be more.

You ARE talking shite. 

5 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Talk about stating the obvious ?

Just like me it seems 

besides, this was linked to the glorious claim that we have just signed two Scottish Internationals as our CH’s ?

Declan Gallagher has 8 Scotland caps.

David Bates has 4 Scotland caps. 

I would say we have just signed two Scottish Internationals. 

14 hours ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Remember the last 2 (possibly 3 seasons). One win in ten games. One goal in ten games. 

We're MILES better already despite the shite left behind. 

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Yeah, but surely that's down to the fact we sold Cosgrove and Wright,  lost Watkins  - and only replaced them at the last minute with 3 signings of dubious quality/fitness?

Na min. We'd been tripe to watch for years.

Cosgrove had been tripe for six months plus before we sold him.

The terrible run started in Nov 2019 (LDLD) before we went on our worst run EVER prior to the sacking.

Cosgrove was sold 31st Jan, Wright 1st Feb so both there during those runs.

We're MILES better alreadyas falling at the last in Europe proved. 

45 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

We're MILES better alreadyas falling at the last in Europe proved. 

I applaud your positivity. It should be encouraged, we should all do the same.

But we are already 4th after 4 very winnable opening fixtures, out the cup and out the little euro league.... which is clearly not as strong as the europa league due to the europa league having THIRTY TWO teams in it - who are all too good for the europa conference.

Glass is doing an ok job for starters but thats about it so far

12 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Hes made plenty of signings and we don't enter the Scottish Cup until 22nd January, so he's got plenty of time. 

The 2 Cup results to date have been a disgrace, which some have chalked up to a learning experience. But as others have pointed out, this is not a training school for wannabe managers. 

Callum Davidson didn't need time or to waste cup opportunities on learning his craft - he just did it. 

So how much time does he need? I keep hearing he needs time, but no-one ever defines it other than Dod Burnett who said 3 fucking seasons!!!! How many cups are you prepared to throw down the drain in the hope that Glass turns out to be a megastar?

I really don't think it fair to hang the Dundee Utd Cup exit at Glass's door. That was still very much McInnes team and they were a special shade of shite.

Raith, I'll give you that one. He fucked up there and he'll know that. The team he put out should have been good enough to win,  but the minute Raith got the equaliser we didn't have the minerals to get going again.

Should have went with his strongest team or made only a couple of changes. Get the game comfortable then make changes by subbing guys.

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Yes. It is.

Mark Perry, Derek Whyte, Thomas Solberg for  starters.

The Rory McArdle era.

There will be more.

You ARE talking shite. 

Think fine n dandy is talking about Scotland, not Aberdeen.

Someone referenced the defenders being Scotland internationals. Fnd is rightly pointing out, that is not remotely impressive... cause most of them are shite

• Upvote 1

One thing I'm surprised about is there was no player exodus to balance the numbers coming in during the recent window. I would have expected at least a few to go out on loan. Cormack seems to have given Glass the benefit of letting him have more or less all his own players. How he fits them all together will be quite a challenge. Difficult to see a stable team formation emerging soon. Looks like there will be a lot of fringe players who get very little game time.

3 hours ago, Millertime said:

Yeah, but surely that's down to the fact we sold Cosgrove and Wright,  lost Watkins  - and only replaced them at the last minute with 3 signings of dubious quality/fitness?

Cosgrove - He's playing League One now and was already on a poor run with us. Scoring 0 in his last 5 games with us. Changed out with Hornby with similar results

Hendry was an upgrade of Anderson.

Kamberi was a replacement for Main who had scored 2 in 14 for us that season

We lost Watkins through injury

FFS, Stop making excuses for McInnes

• Upvote 1