Welcome back Stephen Glass

1 hour ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Time to end this experiment. 

If it was just a bit of teething then fair enough, but he has made glaring errors in signings, team selection and tactics. 

Mistakes that ordinary fans called as they were happening. 

Let's not waste anymore time. Bin him and follow the "prawcess" properly this time. 

Agreed. Everyone makes mistakes. The better ones recognise it and rectify it pronto.

41 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Every single person in our management team is inexperienced as a senior manager or coach.   Not one experienced head 

Will be doing well to turn this around.  Big test early in the new regime. 

Yep an experienced assistant and or coach and a director of football with a proven track record, would have been preferable,

He won't get sacked as it is damning on Glass and Cormack,  but the board should be insisting that a more experienced man is brought into the coaching staff

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

One thing about Cormack though is he is sensitive to what the fans are saying and he won't want too much flak heading his way in the longer term. 

Teflon coated teeth 

Maybe, we’ll see.

October looks a horrible month.

We play the Glasgow & Edinburgh two.

On what I’ve seen recently there’s maybe 1 point from that lot?

Bottom 6 at the end of October & a defeat to a lower league team in the League Cup is tough for Cormack to defend Glass over. 

Today was abysmal from the team selection through to the slow sideways possession to the piss poor defending. 
There’s been no improvement on McInnes last season. 

Regardless of your blinkered support of Glass. Try & be honest/neutral but if any of you were manager of Aberdeen, would you seriously have happily let the window close with the shite selection we have for central defenders?

I know I fkn wouldn’t & I am not a ‘highly skilled/experienced coach’ like Cormack insists Glass is.

totally amateurish management for Cormack down through Glass. Cormack thinks he’s just playing fkn fantasy football & just delighted to play Chairman/manager puppeteer 

On 3/23/2021 at 5:00 PM, Ke1t said:

That was a PR piece, intended to make us feel more upbeat. 

I take more convincing that 'Speaks a good game', I'm afraid. 

Car salesmen are terrific (there's that word again) at promoting the bucket of shite they're trying to sell you, but any potential buyer should be aware that a sales pitch is just a sales pitch... the actual test is getting that bucket of shit home without the engine exploding.

Here's the thing, he might be brilliant... I'm not saying he won't be. 

My problem is that we've hired a car salesman with a track record of selling buckets of shite with exploding engines. 

Maybe he'll start selling Ferraris, that remains to be seen. 

Initial impression...

spacer.png

25 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Try & be honest/neutral but if any of you were manager of Aberdeen, would you seriously have happily let the window close with the shite selection we have for central defenders?

Not seen Bates play yet.

If I were Aberdeen manager I would know what parameters had been set in terms of how many players I was allowed to sign and what my budget was. Since I am not Aberdeen manager I don't know any of those things. 

It could be that I'm not happy, but that Cormack had told me I didn't have the budget to bring in more players.

It could be that I'm not happy but we didn't manage to secure the players I wanted and that they didn't want to come.

It could be that bringing in some of the people I wanted was contingent on moving some players out.

It could be that I thought we had exactly the right personnel in place.

I really don't know. Do you?

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Maybe, we’ll see.

October looks a horrible month.

We play the Glasgow & Edinburgh two.

On what I’ve seen recently there’s maybe 1 point from that lot?

Bottom 6 at the end of October & a defeat to a lower league team in the League Cup is tough for Cormack to defend Glass over. 

Today was abysmal from the team selection through to the slow sideways possession to the piss poor defending. 
There’s been no improvement on McInnes last season. 

If this keeps up it just won’t be the bottom 6 it will be bottom of the bottom 6.   

8 minutes ago, redcryptoknight said:

Not seen Bates play yet.

If I were Aberdeen manager I would know what parameters had been set in terms of how many players I was allowed to sign and what my budget was. Since I am not Aberdeen manager I don't know any of those things. 

It could be that I'm not happy, but that Cormack had told me I didn't have the budget to bring in more players.

It could be that I'm not happy but we didn't manage to secure the players I wanted and that they didn't want to come.

It could be that bringing in some of the people I wanted was contingent on moving some players out.

He’s brought in loads of players. 
he’s handed contracts to woods, who’s never going to push Joe the shambles Lewis, McGinn who’s never going to play, Devlin who’s never going to play and Virtanen who he decided to let go shortly afterwards. 

1 hour ago, redcryptoknight said:

Not seen Bates play yet.

Also, how much say does Glass have in recruitment? Is it a joint committee style setup with Mowbray, Gunn and Glass having an equal share? Does Cormack have an input? 

Does Glass just have to work with what he is given?

Whoever is in charge of recruitment needs a good taying anyway. Bloated, unbalanced squad compounded by a stupid illogical formation and personnel within.