Welcome back Stephen Glass

14 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Brutally honest post match interview from Glass. Can't fault him for that.

Hope he's true to his word and makes the changes next week, and hopefully they result in a win

He does talk a good game… but he’s the one picking four centre mids every week.

He’s the one picking the same central defence who ship goals every week.

No wins in 6 is it?

4 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

And it’s too predictable as it’s our only means of attack - all the opposition need to do is work on stopping or defending crosses as theres no threat through the middle.

And when they're up the park, a ball over the top, into the corner, stretches out the centre halves...

45 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He does talk a good game… but he’s the one picking four centre mids every week.

He’s the one picking the same central defence who ship goals every week.

No wins in 6 is it?

Agree seems positive in the interviews  but it's not transferring onto the pitch

Doe he have the players back not sure some of them simply not trying hard  enough 

1 hour ago, KentishDon said:

He’s up against it already. Backed handsomely by his friend the chairman and has made a pigs ear of it so far. Sadly I believe the chairman will stick with him

If the chairman is the hard nosed business man we are led to believe, then he should be ruthless enough to take the necessary action before it is too late.

10 hours ago, redcryptoknight said:

Not seen Bates play yet.

If I were Aberdeen manager I would know what parameters had been set in terms of how many players I was allowed to sign and what my budget was. Since I am not Aberdeen manager I don't know any of those things. 

It could be that I'm not happy, but that Cormack had told me I didn't have the budget to bring in more players.

It could be that I'm not happy but we didn't manage to secure the players I wanted and that they didn't want to come.

It could be that bringing in some of the people I wanted was contingent on moving some players out.

It could be that I thought we had exactly the right personnel in place.

I really don't know. Do you?

Ah ok, so Glass was under orders to sign 100 midfielders & treat central defence as an inconvenience & just sign shite no cunt else wanted.

Gutted we missed out on his main target for CH in Clark fkn Robertson ?

I asked for a neutral point of view but your post REEKS of fkn making excuses for Glass all based on speculative shite in what seems like desperation to find said excuses but done so quite arrogantly in some sort of arm folded huffy way ?

6 hours ago, Woolenrouge said:

Played 12, clean sheets 1.

Several reasons for this…

1) Lewis is incapable of organising a defence and is letting in goals (and sometimes directly gifting goals) that he didn’t a few seasons back

2) our full backs are our only means of attack so they’re often way up the park and we get caught out with a big diagonal punt or ball into the channel

3) our midfielders, despite all being fairly defensively minded and constantly sitting right in front of the defence when we have the ball, seem to be providing very inadequate help to the defence when we don’t have the ball.

4) McCrorie is too erratic to play central defence - he dives in and is over enthusiastic and has very little positional sense. We’re caught out time and time again when long balls are played up in his direction

5) Gallagher is not as good as he thinks he is, or as Glass thinks he is. He was supposed to organise and shore things up at the back but from what I’ve seen he’s lacklustre and slow

6) we’re trying to play out from the back with a goalkeeper who’s useless at kicking

7) our passing is too slow and any balls forward are inaccurate, so although we have lots of possession it goes nowhere and allows the opponents to regroup

theres 7 reasons for starters…

Should add… it’s particularly worrying we’ve only 1 clean sheet considering we’ve not even played against the “better” teams yet

20 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

1) Lewis is incapable of organising a defence and is letting in goals (and sometimes directly gifting goals) that he didn’t a few seasons back

2) our full backs are our only means of attack so they’re often way up the park and we get caught out with a big diagonal punt or ball into the channel

3) our midfielders, despite all being fairly defensively minded and constantly sitting right in front of the defence when we have the ball, seem to be providing very inadequate help to the defence when we don’t have the ball.

4) McCrorie is too erratic to play central defence - he dives in and is over enthusiastic and has very little positional sense. We’re caught out time and time again when long balls are played up in his direction

5) Gallagher is not as good as he thinks he is, or as Glass thinks he is. He was supposed to organise and shore things up at the back but from what I’ve seen he’s lacklustre and slow

6) we’re trying to play out from the back with a goalkeeper who’s useless at kicking

7) our passing is too slow and any balls forward are inaccurate, so although we have lots of possession it goes nowhere and allows the opponents to regroup

Should add… it’s particularly worrying we’ve only 1 clean sheet considering we’ve not even played against the “better” teams yet

Our CHs have just played SO bad. 

You can fairly critiqe Glass; however, the players are equally to blame. Defending a cross or a long ball is not the Managers fault.

Now if he continues to play McCorie over Bates, then that’s the managers fault. But even then… our other CH has been abysmal.

16 minutes ago, South Stand Seagull said:

Our CHs have just played SO bad. 

You can fairly critiqe Glass; however, the players are equally to blame. Defending a cross or a long ball is not the Managers fault.

Now if he continues to play McCorie over Bates, then that’s the managers fault. But even then… our other CH has been abysmal.

Yes you can blame glass and/or the management involved in signings. 

Devlin was resigned when we all knew we wouldnt be able to play. 

Gallagher was signed, so if he's not up to it, that is a failure to assess. 

Before Considines injury all the fans we pointing out that we needed more central defenders. It was fucking obvious. As we all knew that injuries are part and parcel of football. 

People have been saying for ages that McCrorie isn't good enough, and before yesterday we had no option (due to the managements decision to enter the season with fuck all centre backs), but even yesterday he had Bates and stuck with McCrorie. 

A catalogue of amateur decisions that even us fans can see a mile off.  And that's just central defence!!! 

Glass is not up to it. 

15 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

It would just be fine if Glass played guys where they are supposed to be. 

mccrorie needs to be dropped cause he’s not a centre back and there’s a stupid amount of similar players for midfield. 

ojo has proved that actually he can play football…. But he’s not a fucking winger. Get him dropped and play hayes or mcginn

Has he though? 

24 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Well he looks just as competent as the others….. which is massively unimpressive. 

squad is far too big. So many players of the same ability. You would think of a guy like Dylan mcgeouch can’t get on the bench then we must have some right good midfielders. But they are no better

So no then 

1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

It would just be fine if Glass played guys where they are supposed to be. 

mccrorie needs to be dropped cause he’s not a centre back and there’s a stupid amount of similar players for midfield. 

ojo has proved that actually he can play football…. But he’s not a fucking winger. Get him dropped and play hayes or mcginn

McGinn is not a winger. 
He should’ve been released, along with a few others, in the summer. 

39 minutes ago, alscotoz said:

Haven't really read these pages but Glass will be, at least, given the season. And I think he should. 

The worrying thing is the more things change, the more they appear to stay the same... 

Probably right.

Obviously dependent on how things go though.

If for example we don’t have a good Scottish Cup & have an early exit & are struggling to be in the top 6 after the January window, will he see out the season? 
Not so sure.

It’s kind of going the way I expected it to 

42 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Probably right.

Obviously dependent on how things go though.

If for example we don’t have a good Scottish Cup & have an early exit & are struggling to be in the top 6 after the January window, will he see out the season? 
Not so sure.

It’s kind of going the way I expected it to 

If we draw a similar type team to Raith.......or even a bottom end SPL club and we get papped out then surely questions would need to be asked. Of course the way things are going right now, there's no clear evidence to say that we won't be a bottom end SPL club ourselves by the time the SC draw comes around.  Which would need more questions asking.

I suspect Glass himself might have a bit more integrity than McInnes and if he sees things aren't working, he might use his close relationship with Cormack to engineer a nice pay off under a "mutual consent" agreement. Of course I hope he turns things round and it doesn't come to this but things right now don't point to this happening.

4 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

At least we are seeing goals.

• Haha 1