Welcome back Stephen Glass

That whole defence & attack is rotten. Definitely not top 4 levels, if even top 6.

They may have a couple of wee spells at either end throughout the season where they have a game or two where they look semi competent but no chance that shower of shite will string any kind of competent run together as a team.

The potential roller coaster season is looking far more likely to be a merry go round season of same old shite watching our defence & attack through our fingers. 

Post Covid attendances will rapidly start to drop off.

4 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

An experienced assistant is really a necessity now, or a director of football with knowledge of the game 

I think this is a huge problem for Glass, aside from the fact he's a fucking useless outright manager. If he had an experienced assistant manager in the Alex Smith/Archie Knox/John Hughes vein then at least he'd have someone to learn from, to run things by and to have tell him he's making a roaring cunt of everything. Right now his assistant is someone with zero coaching experience who is running about the park for 90 minutes, so Glass has nobody with him to talk tactics.

If we are to persist with this Glass experiment then the money we are potentially going to spunk on Robson-Kanu should be diverted to someone with managerial experience to come in as assistant manager.

Just now, Yorston Vasey said:

I think this is a huge problem for Glass, aside from the fact he's a fucking useless outright manager. If he had an experienced assistant manager in the Alex Smith/Archie Knox/John Hughes vein then at least he'd have someone to learn from, to run things by and to have tell him he's making a roaring cunt of everything. Right now his assistant is someone with zero coaching experience who is running about the park for 90 minutes, so Glass has nobody with him to talk tactics.

If we are to persist with this Glass experiment then the money we are potentially going to spunk on Robson-Kanu should be diverted to someone with managerial experience to come in as assistant manager.

The whole set up is inexperienced and full of folk who have been promoted to more senior roles than they've had previously. 

Gunn, Mowbray, Glass, Russell, Henry and Brown all fall into this category. 

Simmie is the only experienced head really and he's spent his entire post playing career on youth coaching. 

• Like 1
On 9/17/2021 at 10:01 AM, Big Hat Logan said:

I see Glass is already sick of the negativity as well. We really have the worst fans.

Goes with the squad he’s assembled & the ability he has then.

Getting the rewards he’s earning for the abilities he’s showing. Going down the Mark McGhee type ignorance of his failings can only end in one way. Can blame the fans all he (& you) want but the buck stops at the managers door.

My early impressions of Glass is that I would 100% have taken in an idiot like Yogi Hughes over him. At least Hughes knows the game inside out & given the backing Glass had in the window, would certainly have made a far better effort for a team like Aberdeen at top end of Scottish football.

Ridicule that all you want but Hughes would not be sitting on 8 points at this stage with us & out of LC

• Upvote 1

I like Stephen Glass and I am sure everyone hoped this would be a bit more successful but even so early on in this management spell, things could get very nasty in terms of fan reaction.  I don't know how he will cope with that.  Looks like the job is too big for him and American College Soccer or whatever it is may be his level.  

The mix of "Derek shouldn't have been sacked" fans and fans who know we should've really got a real manager in will mean a real majority of fans will express their feelings vocally.  

The other unfortunate thing is that all this is happening at a time where the club are trying to entice fans back and encourage young fans to come along.  Not exactly a great advert for what should be on show.

30 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

So what is it about him you like?

Comes across as a decent enough chap that has the clubs interest at heart.  Wants to succeed and you could say we are playing more on the front foot under him, just not really working the way we would all want.  He knows how big a job this is.

Is quite honest about what we are not doing right, if he has it in him to change things is a different thing all together though.  I am really not sure how he will handle the serious flack that will come sooner or later if this continues though.

Could you say McGhee had the clubs best interest at heart when he came in or McInnes for the last few years instead of seeing it as a wage until their 'big' job came calling?

Glass is on year rolling deal, he will know his neck is on the line, just taking a bashing sooner than he would've hoped.

15 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

So does Dec (out of Ant and Dec) but you wouldn't want him managing AFC. 

Fair enough, thought the rest of it was quite valid, wouldnt have expected Dec to be rolled out in a response though.

For what it's worth, I did hope we would've went for an Eastern European or Scandinavian manager .  May have opened a few doors away from the norm in Scottish football.

30 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Valid? 

"has has the clubs interest at heart.  Wants to succeed and you could say we are playing more on the front foot under him, just not really working the way we would all want.  He knows how big a job this is.

Is quite honest about what we are not doing right, "

You could put a fan in charge of the club and all those statements would ring true He shouldn't be in the job. He's not experienced enough. 

I don't think I ever said I thought he was experienced enough, the suitable candidate for the job or who I would've wanted in.  As manager of the club, I have given him my backing though and wanted him to succeed.   Did you not do that, like?

You are right, a fan would say that too but surely thats a good thing.  As I have also said, if he has it in him to address the issues completely, that is a totally different thing.

18 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

A few games in and this is what we are reduced to  Sad times. 

Aye, its not good.  As mentioned, college fitba / soccer may be his level.  I feel for the guy, he will have wanted to get things going and after the first few Euro games, it may have looked like a bit of a buzz was coming.  Wheels came off big time from the Raith game onwards.

He will get time but a lot of questions to be answered / things to be rectified already.  October could be embarrassing, lack of points from the last few very winnable games kills any vibe going into a period where you'd want to be chucking everything at them and giving them something to think about.

Unfortunately, we will be shitting the bed just thinking about those games.

3 hours ago, Simply Red said:

Ramirez was a carthorse today. Absolutely pathetic from him. His missed chances cost us points. Id start with Duncan next game. 

edit. Is Duncan not a midfielder? Id play the striker from the 21s, whoever it is

Ryan Duncan I assume you mean? He’s a left winger but I agree, get him on the bench at least, and give him the opportunity that yesterday’s men like Nial McGinn or Hayes got instead.

6 hours ago, Simply Red said:

Ramirez was a carthorse today. Absolutely pathetic from him. His missed chances cost us points. Id start with Duncan next game. 

edit. Is Duncan not a midfielder? Id play the striker from the 21s, whoever it is

Russell after coaching the likes of Kane in the English set up,must be scratching his heid and thinking he's got no chance of making this donkey into a league 2 striker.