Welcome back Stephen Glass

30 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Valid? 

"has has the clubs interest at heart.  Wants to succeed and you could say we are playing more on the front foot under him, just not really working the way we would all want.  He knows how big a job this is.

Is quite honest about what we are not doing right, "

You could put a fan in charge of the club and all those statements would ring true He shouldn't be in the job. He's not experienced enough. 

I don't think I ever said I thought he was experienced enough, the suitable candidate for the job or who I would've wanted in.  As manager of the club, I have given him my backing though and wanted him to succeed.   Did you not do that, like?

You are right, a fan would say that too but surely thats a good thing.  As I have also said, if he has it in him to address the issues completely, that is a totally different thing.

3 minutes ago, Tzvetanovs hair said:

I don't think I ever said I thought he was experienced enough, the suitable candidate for the job or who I would've wanted in.  As manager of the club, I have given him my backing though and wanted him to succeed.   Did you not do that, like?

You are right, a fan would say that too but surely thats a good thing.  As I have also said, if he has it in him to address the issues completely, that is a totally different thing.

A few games in and this is what we are reduced to  Sad times. 

18 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

A few games in and this is what we are reduced to  Sad times. 

Aye, its not good.  As mentioned, college fitba / soccer may be his level.  I feel for the guy, he will have wanted to get things going and after the first few Euro games, it may have looked like a bit of a buzz was coming.  Wheels came off big time from the Raith game onwards.

He will get time but a lot of questions to be answered / things to be rectified already.  October could be embarrassing, lack of points from the last few very winnable games kills any vibe going into a period where you'd want to be chucking everything at them and giving them something to think about.

Unfortunately, we will be shitting the bed just thinking about those games.

3 hours ago, Simply Red said:

Ramirez was a carthorse today. Absolutely pathetic from him. His missed chances cost us points. Id start with Duncan next game. 

edit. Is Duncan not a midfielder? Id play the striker from the 21s, whoever it is

Ryan Duncan I assume you mean? He’s a left winger but I agree, get him on the bench at least, and give him the opportunity that yesterday’s men like Nial McGinn or Hayes got instead.

6 hours ago, Simply Red said:

Ramirez was a carthorse today. Absolutely pathetic from him. His missed chances cost us points. Id start with Duncan next game. 

edit. Is Duncan not a midfielder? Id play the striker from the 21s, whoever it is

Russell after coaching the likes of Kane in the English set up,must be scratching his heid and thinking he's got no chance of making this donkey into a league 2 striker.

5 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Ryan Duncan I assume you mean? He’s a left winger but I agree, get him on the bench at least, and give him the opportunity that yesterday’s men like Nial McGinn or Hayes got instead.

We desperately need some width I feel (can't keep relying on the fullbacks!)... if this guy has anything about him, then lets give him the chance!

42 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Apples and oranges.

Glass played professionally at a very high level. Not that it guarantees you success, but he at least has the benefit of being able to understand footballers in that specific sense. 

Cathro was a coach with no decent playing experience chucked into a good job and it didn't work out. 

Also, it was Levein that got hearts relegated, Cathro left them in the top 6 I think? 

We're not going to get fucking relegated. Let's just take a breather here. 

I admire your optimism consi. I wish I shared it. 

for me, we absolutely look like potential relegation candidates. 

we are shite. 

can’t score, we create very few actual goal scoring opportunities and are completely and utterly incapable of keeping a clean sheet even against the league’s lesser lights. 

if we take the games against raith rovers, county, Motherwell, st j and throw in qarabag at home, what gives you confidence that we will not be in relegation trouble?

47 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

We're not going to get fucking relegated. Let's just take a breather here. 

I think you are correct but right now our form is that of a relegation contender and I can't see where our next goal, never mind win, is coming from.

I suspect we will be bottom 3 or 4 by the time we reach November. With a not unreasonable chance of it being rock bottom

Glass is every bit as out of his depth as Cathro was

11 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I think you are correct but right now our form is that of a relegation contender and I can't see where our next goal, never mind win, is coming from.

I suspect we will be bottom 3 or 4 by the time we reach November. With a not unreasonable chance of it being rock bottom

We are back at the stage where we (almost) want the likes of rangers and Celtic to win their games against everyone else and especially against the bottom sides as that helps us more. 

what a shite state of affairs Afc. 

Just now, mutant said:

Glass looking very nervy in interviews now, getting sick of hearing him say “we know what we’re trying to do and the fans know what we’re trying to do.”

same shit every week 

Thing is, we have no idea what he’s trying to do. There is little or no sign of a formation or strategy or style of play.

Bottom 6 with a shite run if fixtures looming. 

5 minutes ago, mutant said:

Glass looking very nervy in interviews now, getting sick of hearing him say “we know what we’re trying to do and the fans know what we’re trying to do.”

same shit every week 

I have no  idea what he is doing. His formations are a fucking mess  and the team has no consistency. LIke yesterday he again played McCrorie in central defence when last week having Bates along side Gallagher seemed to be an improvement on what came before in that dreadful game.  Now Gallagher is pretty average but i think would have been a better choice alongside Bates than McCrorie. Just looked like a senseless change again by Glass.  He does this all the time.

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

That would require Livingston to win 3 games in October. They are on 1 point, we have 8. Yes things are bad but we are nowhere near relegation trouble just yet.

56 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

That would require Livingston to win 3 games in October. They are on 1 point, we have 8. Yes things are bad but we are nowhere near relegation trouble just yet.

They've got Celtic today which is a bit of a free hit for them. Brings them level on games played with us.

But Livi's next 5 league matches are a helluva lot more appealing than ours are regarding gathering points. I did say that us being rock bottom wasn't an unreasonable possiblity. In practice, I suspect 3rd bottom is more likely. But no matter, we'll be closer on points to bottom place than top place. 

4 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

They've got Celtic today which is a bit of a free hit for them. Brings them level on games played with us.

But Livi's next 5 league matches are a helluva lot more appealing than ours are regarding gathering points. I did say that us being rock bottom wasn't an unreasonable possiblity. In practice, I suspect 3rd bottom is more likely. But no matter, we'll be closer on points to bottom place than top place. 

Surely to fuck if we are bottom 3 after 12 games at the end of October, Cormack has to admit his mistake? 

5 hours ago, Stoneybloke said:

A few years ago Hearts appointed an inexperienced rookie manager. It turned out to be an unmitigated disaster and they ended up in the Championship. It's not outwith the bounds of possibility that we could follow the same path.

Unfortunately your statement above does reflect where I think we may be headed if DC doesn't wake up and smell the coffee.

We are in serious decline at present and we need a manager with character, experience, very good tactical awareness and motivational skills.

Glass clearly has none of the above but does fill the DC puppet role well.

I have said it before and will say it again we will NOT earn many points during October and will be entrenched in the bottom six by then.

I was one of the many who wanted stale DM out but never in a million years did I anticipate things to get worse under an Ian Cathro type experiment, which is 100% doomed to fail!!!