Welcome back Stephen Glass

I’d maybe say give him plenty time if he imposed some style of play that needed time to work but I haven’t seen anything to suggest we’ve got that? 

We don’t pass it out from the back that often or press high. What actually is the style he’s trying to impose? 

He genuinely looks miles out his depth.

9 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

I’d maybe say give him plenty time if he imposed some style of play that needed time to work but I haven’t seen anything to suggest we’ve got that? 

We don’t pass it out from the back that often or press high. What actually is the style he’s trying to impose? 

This.

He’s talking like he’s reinventing the game in Scotland but we just don’t understand it yet.

Cormack/Glass fantasy football league ?

11 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

100% agree. If there was signs that we were drastically improving the way we play but results were patchy i think fans would cut him some slack. The reality is the fans have no idea what he's trying to do, the players look like they don't know what they are being asked to do and when you look at how many times Glass has had to drastically change things at HT in games it looks like he doesn't know what he's doing either. Celtic showing today that possession means fuck all if you don't score on the back of it. Keep seeing people of twitter and facebook saying we are turning into a possession based team. Countless passes between the centre backs and keeper? Aye that's groundbreaking stuff right enough ?

1 minute ago, AyrshireSheep said:

100% agree. If there was signs that we were drastically improving the way we play but results were patchy i think fans would cut him some slack. The reality is the fans have no idea what he's trying to do, the players look like they don't know what they are being asked to do and when you look at how many times Glass has had to drastically change things at HT in games it looks like he doesn't know what he's doing either. Celtic showing today that possession means fuck all if you don't score on the back of it. Keep seeing people of twitter and facebook saying we are turning into a possession based team. Countless passes between the centre backs and keeper? Aye that's groundbreaking stuff right enough ?

Glass said that Ojo understands everything he’s asked to do in training. 
Only Ojo gets him.

24 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Exactly.

Been saying the same - there’s no obvious style of play, or formation.

We’re also shite in both boxes.

He doesn’t have what it takes to fix either problem. His recruitment is also questionable. 

We need to cut our losses asap, admit the mistake & get someone in who CAN coach, organise & inspire a team. 

The sticking point is that Stephen Glass is Cormack’s man. He won’t want to lose face. 

9 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

I wonder if the players might do what hibs players did to John Collins, ie go the the chairman with concerns, though I think Colgate would take Glass side

Perhaps, but the Glass ceiling had been hit.

The only way for DC to see sense will be via the fans either through not turning up in substantial numbers or being vocal on the terraces or post match.

Surely, as a "Dons fan" he must see and recognise how clueless we look. Was correct decision to dismiss DM but has always been the wrong decision to appoint an inexperienced top level manager. DC's credibility is on the line with his future actions on this "project".

41 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Glass said that Ojo understands everything he’s asked to do in training. 
Only Ojo gets him.

Well if Ojo understands everything he's been asked to do then it looks even worse for Glass because Ojo seems clueless on the pitch. Runs about doing virtually fuck all bar a good 45 mins against Breidablik. 

Glass is like a rabbit in the headlights. Not his fault he got catapulted into the job. Cormack's reputation is on the line with this appointment. Which is why i can't see him taking the necessary step to give him the dunt. 

43 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Exactly.

Been saying the same - there’s no obvious style of play, or formation.

We’re also shite in both boxes.

He doesn’t have what it takes to fix either problem. His recruitment is also questionable. 

We need to cut our losses asap, admit the mistake & get someone in who CAN coach, organise & inspire a team. 

The sticking point is that Stephen Glass is Cormack’s man. He won’t want to lose face. 

Can’t help feeling Scott Brown would have a big role in that.  Would depend what side he fell on.

Fantastic work done on the defensive work by Glass it must be said.

He dropped the biggest problem & admitted his main defensive target was not as good as he thought.

Sad that he was then forced to bring him on for injured Bates just to prove it was the correct call.

He managed to make Stevie May look like the May of a decade ago where he would run a mock up front on his own for St’s

6 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

This managerial appointment could be on a par with Hearts laptop manager 

They quite quickly admitted their mistake though. When will we?

They admitted their mistake and replaced him with a dinosaur that got them relegated ?. The problem is the entire football operation is Cormacks doing. Gunn as DoF? The guy has no experience at all in that role. If we get rid of Glass we need to re-think the whole thing. Can you see an experienced manager/coach reporting into a 2 bit puppet like Gunn? 

2 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

They admitted their mistake and replaced him with a dinosaur that got them relegated ?. The problem is the entire football operation is Cormacks doing. Gunn as DoF? The guy has no experience at all in that role. If we get rid of Glass we need to re-think the whole thing. Can you see an experienced manager/coach reporting into a 2 bit puppet like Gunn? 

Admitting mistake doesn’t always lead to the perfect solution/fix immediately 

We admitted McInnes was done (too late imo) but the attempt at fixing has been a failure at first effort it seems.

4 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Glass is done. Cormacks ego is only going to make this worse. 

He's not done. You're in complete denial of reality.

4 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Cormack has now had 8 days and done nothing!! 

Please, keep up this count of, "Days Cormack has done nothing!!" 

I'd like this to become an ongoing daily update if possible. 

• Haha 2
13 minutes ago, redcryptoknight said:

He's not done. You're in complete denial of reality.

Please, keep up this count of, "Days Cormack has done nothing!!" 

I'd like this to become an ongoing daily update if possible. 

Jesus Christ.  Its blatantly obvious that Glass is out of his depth, that is the reality. You don't want to admit, but it is. He will not turn this around. 

I'm in complete denial of reality because I said Glass is done ???

Going to be lucky to get to January window still in touching distance of euro places & even then I’m not sure Glass can be trusted to rectify the mess of a squad he has assembled. Not as if it’s just minor tweaks that will be needed & January is a shit window to source a lot of decent players.

That summer window will haunt Glass/Cormack for the full season

Still cracks me up that Glass thinks us luddites of Scottish football don’t realise just how good a player JET is & that Gurr would surprise & excite us all with his abilities. As for the ‘real quality’ of Ramirez ? 

No wonder he also thought Jenks would be a great signing.

Brown was his only real successful signing so far but he was a reasonably safe bet & well established player.

Taking a close look at the vast majority of his signings really exposes his inexperience & poor assessment of what a team like Aberdeen needs. 

Bates potentially looks like he could be a reasonable enough find but his signing was basically a contingency because of Considine.

The attempts to sign Clark Robertson I would assume was to prevent McCrorie being made into a CH 

God awful first window 

14 hours ago, mutant said:

Glass looking very nervy in interviews now, getting sick of hearing him say “we know what we’re trying to do and the fans know what we’re trying to do.”

same shit every week 

On the brink of a Groundhog Day that innit.

8 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

That sticking point will only maintain for so long.

Someone else said yesterday I think, that once how badly we are playing starts to increasingly eat  into how Cormack is perceived by the fans I think that sticking point is gone.

Yeah, acknowledged he may get a bit more time because of it, but don't see it being long term if things really do start to go off the edge of a cliff.

• Haha 1

Serious problem is Cormack and Wicks know fuck all about football, Gunn is just a puppet and Cormack has a family friendship with Glass. Somehow increased the budget again with a bloated squad and the individual players still look crap, as well as not especially motivated. Glass is going to leave us in a worse and more difficult position than he joined us in. Cormack thought he could get attacking football and all the rest of it by hiring er his mate from Atlanta B and all of his mates. It's going to get embarrassing. 

8 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Going to be lucky to get to January window still in touching distance of euro places & even then I’m not sure Glass can be trusted to rectify the mess of a squad he has assembled. Not as if it’s just minor tweaks that will be needed & January is a shit window to source a lot of decent players.

That summer window will haunt Glass/Cormack for the full season

Euro places? Will be lucky not to be in a relegation scrap. 

The day I knew Cormack, Gunn and Glass did not know what they were doing;

The day we signed Matty Longstaff. A, presumably, very expensive player in an area of the pitch that was our absolute lowest priority.

Absolute bonkers signing.

The four players that came in; Samuels, Watkins, Longstaff and Bates - we could have been a lot more smart with our final pennies.

A penalty box striker, a winger and Bates.

I do hope Watkins, Samuels and Longstaff prove their worth though.

• Upvote 4