Welcome back Stephen Glass

7 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

On the brink of a Groundhog Day that innit.

That sticking point will only maintain for so long.

Someone else said yesterday I think, that once how badly we are playing starts to increasingly eat  into how Cormack is perceived by the fans I think that sticking point is gone.

Yeah, acknowledged he may get a bit more time because of it, but don't see it being long term if things really do start to go off the edge of a cliff.

I agree Cormack won’t allow this shitfest to get TOO much shitier but as was pointed out yesterday, if Glass does get the bullet, who the fuck is going to come in as new head coach and work under Steven Gunn; another inexperienced Cormack puppet who clearly is also out of his depth?

Fuck, a year ago, Gunn was doing the logistics of foreign travel and player registrations, now he’s running the entire football operation.

Frying pans, and fires. McInnes was a busted flush. Milne was an embarrassment. Now, we’ve exacerbated the situation and are locked into an arrangement with US investors who want their men in key positions 

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

The day I knew Cormack, Gunn and Glass did not know what they were doing;

The day we signed Matty Longstaff. A, presumably, very expensive player in an area of the pitch that was our absolute lowest priority.

Absolute bonkers signing.

The four players that came in; Samuels, Watkins, Longstaff and Bates - we could have been a lot more smart with our final pennies.

A penalty box striker, a winger and Bates.

I do hope Watkins, Samuels and Longstaff prove their worth though.

I’ll bet you now we won’t be looking to take up our option of signing Samuels permanently. 

To be fair to the land, our manager is playing him in a position he’s not comfortable in.

He’s a centre forward.

But the manager seems to ask players to play out of position, either through stubbornness, through poor management or through having an unbalanced squad. 

2 minutes ago, thurso said:

Ah I see.
I don’t want to get into an argument but does that mean he has proven ability like mentioned, many people are coaches at clubs but when they go it alone you see how shit they really are. 

Well being employed by managers at big clubs (he's subsequently been with Benitez at Newcastle and nuno at wolves) would suggest he knows what he's doing. 

It's possible to be a good coach without being a good manager. 

27 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Well being employed by managers at big clubs (he's subsequently been with Benitez at Newcastle and nuno at wolves) would suggest he knows what he's doing. 

It's possible to be a good coach without being a good manager. 

So he follows Nuno from club to club. He could be just there putting cones out doing as he’s told doesn’t mean he’s actually doing anything with purpose 

• Haha 1
23 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Thing is, we have no idea what he’s trying to do. There is little or no sign of a formation or strategy or style of play.

Bottom 6 with a shite run if fixtures looming. 

Yup, this is the main problem. If we actually knew what he was trying to do that would maybe give a bit of hope that it's going to click eventually. Reality is, none of us have a clue what he's trying to do. Maybe he should explain it to us, tell us what the thinking is behind the "formation" and "strategy" etc because it's pretty much impossible to work it out at the moment.

24 minutes ago, thurso said:

So he follows Nuno from club to club. He could be just there putting cones out doing as he’s told doesn’t mean he’s actually doing anything with purpose 

He speaks Portuguese and Spanish fluently, so likely handy to have for Nuno as a translator if he doesn't understand something. But I'm also sure that the number of coaching jobs he has had (mostly head-hunted for) shows that he knows what he is doing. Not all coaches make great managers and not all managers are great coaches. The greatest manager of them all was supposedly a pretty shite coach...

30 minutes ago, Parklife said:

You think all these top clubs employ him as a senior coach but he's actually a shite coach? 

I’d say more nuno likes him so he employs because his time at hearts shows he is pretty shite. 

18 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

He speaks Portuguese and Spanish fluently, so likely handy to have for Nuno as a translator if he doesn't understand something. But I'm also sure that the number of coaching jobs he has had (mostly head-hunted for) shows that he knows what he is doing. Not all coaches make great managers and not all managers are great coaches. The greatest manager of them all was supposedly a pretty shite coach...

You could be onto something as being his translator who has an ok understanding of coaching so nuno takes him where he goes. 

18 minutes ago, thurso said:

I’d say more nuno likes him so he employs because his time at hearts shows he is pretty shite. 

His time at Hearts doesn't show that at all. It shows he didn't succeed as a manager there.

It doesn't invalidate his entire coaching career. He's been employed by Nuno multiple times and also by Rafa Benitez. If you think guys like that employ people to senior positions that aren't good at their job, then you're completely wrong. 

I'll trust the judgement of these guys over you, who is using his performance as a manger to judge his coaching ability, on this occasion.

2 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

I agree Cormack won’t allow this shitfest to get TOO much shitier but as was pointed out yesterday, if Glass does get the bullet, who the fuck is going to come in as new head coach and work under Steven Gunn; another inexperienced Cormack puppet who clearly is also out of his depth?

Fuck, a year ago, Gunn was doing the logistics of foreign travel and player registrations, now he’s running the entire football operation.

Frying pans, and fires. McInnes was a busted flush. Milne was an embarrassment. Now, we’ve exacerbated the situation and are locked into an arrangement with US investors who want their men in key positions 

The US generally prides itself on success - seems very thin on the ground - bottom half of the league, out of one of the two tournaments we might have had a chance in and out of the money making tournament to boot. If you were marking his card at the moment it can only be an F. If I were a US investor I'd be giving Dave Colgate earache. 

3 hours ago, Tord31 said:

The day I knew Cormack, Gunn and Glass did not know what they were doing;

The day we signed Matty Longstaff. A, presumably, very expensive player in an area of the pitch that was our absolute lowest priority.

Absolute bonkers signing.

The four players that came in; Samuels, Watkins, Longstaff and Bates - we could have been a lot more smart with our final pennies.

A penalty box striker, a winger and Bates.

I do hope Watkins, Samuels and Longstaff prove their worth though.

Couldn’t agree any more with you. What a strange signing. ANOTHER centre mid. Madness. The moment I realised we had a dud in charge. Ah well.

3 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

. Maybe he should explain it to us, tell us what the thinking is behind the "formation" and "strategy" etc because it's pretty much impossible to work it out at the moment.

But then the opposition managers would know how to set up against us. He wants to keep it a secret ,  even from our own players.  He’s a cunning fox.

3 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Fergie seldom coached. Knox did most of it. 

The standing joke (as told by Neale Cooper) was when Fergie decided to take the pre-match warm up in Munich in 1983 - apparently it was a shambles with balls flying everywhere. Obviously Cooper exaggerated the story for comedic effect but the consensus was Fergie was not a great coach.

Great tactician, great motivator & fantastic man manager by all accounts, but bang average at coaching players and not involved too heavily on the training pitch.

As for Glass, it doesn’t look like he can organise a team to attack or defend.
Which is as bad as it gets.

4 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Calderwood?