Welcome back Stephen Glass

44 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

For what it’s worth, a fair few more goals seem to have came down Ramsays side. Could be totally wrong but just seems that way.  I think MacKenzie is a better defender.

Only 18 so can’t get on at him but he’s not the saviour who is totally not to blame that some make him out to be. He was poor for Mays goal on Saturday. 

No doubt a great talent and will go on to be a very good player but still learning. 

No question of that, too many goals conceded are down to Ramsay.

You could play him in right midfield (If Glass' tactics would allow that ) but then again, we're back in Kevin McNaughton country, where he needed that 20 yards space ahead of him to run into, whereas in RM, you have a LB in front of you right away

For what its worth, I reckon it will be McCrorie at RB this weekend, Ramsay will be "rested"

25 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

For what it’s worth, a fair few more goals seem to have came down Ramsays side. Could be totally wrong but just seems that way.  I think MacKenzie is a better defender.

Only 18 so can’t get on at him but he’s not the saviour who is totally not to blame that some make him out to be. He was poor for Mays goal on Saturday. 

No doubt a great talent and will go on to be a very good player but still learning. 

It doesn't seem that way to me.

Hacken (5-1) - Struggling to think back to their goal. Just remember it was scored by their lanky striker Jerkmeoff. Might have been left of centre, but still more centrally than as a result of Ramsay's side

Hacken (2-0) - I recall the LB scoring following a 1-2 centrally.Struggling to think of the 2nd goal

Breidablik (2-3) First goal McCrorie got turned on the byeline and then the ball was squared with McKenzie on his heels. High Lump down Ramsays side but a bit harsh TO ATTRIBUTE TO Ramsay. The second was a pen given away by Considine but yes down Ramsays side

Livingston (1-2) -  Was as straight down the middle as you can get played into Anderson to flick over Lewis

Breidablik (2-1) - Goal came down the left hand side

Raith Rovers (2-1) Aye both down Ramsay's side but Gurr was playing that game

Qarabag (1-0) Came down our left. An overlap made Hayes step down the line and allow the inverted winger to cut inside onto gis left and hit just inside the post

Hearts (1-1) Penalty down our right when GMS took a tumble to give away the pen. Gallagher gave away the pen

Qarabag (1-3) First onw a cut back from Ramsays side, the second down our left. The third was a break down our middle, cut left (down Ramsays side) and scored from the edge of the box

Ross County (1-1) - Suppose this came from our right followed by a shite clearance from McCrorie and poor marking from Brown

Motherwell (2-0) - First one came from a cross from our left and Gallagher failed to mark, the second one came from a cross from our right which Ferguson ducked out of the way from.

St Johnstone (1-0) Yes down Ramsays side and unfortunate to come off Ramsays back into May's path. Gallagher gave May far too much room and Lewis should have done better. We were solid enough when Bates was on.

So yes, 10 out of the 16 goals conceded came from down our right hand side albeit 2 were Gurr's Brain Farts in the LC game Non of which I seem to recall was a direct result of Ramsay though, so maybe a but harsh to throw this at him

1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

Agreed on Ramsay I think he should've shown May wide or otherwise engaged him although Gallagher perhaps ought to have taken more responsibility too in that instance.  Both culpable. And Lewis.  A bot of a mess really.

With Mackenzie, I adopt the "don't believe your eyes" mantra when it comes to his defending.  In a straight 1v1 I back him, he's very good.  His positioning however (and I accept he's learning) is suspect.  He's made a few big impressive-looking tackles in games but I think it's very much from the Colin Hendry "I was 5 yards off it in the starting position" category; crowd-pleasers but a coach's nightmare. His first touch is also a half-second too weak at this level, he had a couple of shockers on Saturday and I don't think you can get that back at age 20, your first touch doesn't drastically improve beyond adolescence; if I'm the opposition coach I'm getting my right-winger down his throat. I think this is why we've seen him in and out a couple of times. I do like him and his attitude but there's just a question mark for me. I hope he improves and I think he will.

1 hour ago, afc1903mad said:

Hacken (5-1) - Struggling to think back to their goal. Just remember it was scored by their lanky striker Jerkmeoff. Might have been left of centre, but still more centrally than as a result of Ramsay's side

Hacken (2-0) - I recall the LB scoring following a 1-2 centrally.Struggling to think of the 2nd goal

Breidablik (2-3) First goal McCrorie got turned on the byeline and then the ball was squared with McKenzie on his heels. High Lump down Ramsays side but a bit harsh TO ATTRIBUTE TO Ramsay. The second was a pen given away by Considine but yes down Ramsays side

Livingston (1-2) -  Was as straight down the middle as you can get played into Anderson to flick over Lewis

Qarabag (1-0) Came down our left. An overlap made Hayes step down the line and allow the inverted winger to cut inside onto gis left and hit just inside the post

Hearts (1-1) Penalty down our right when GMS took a tumble to give away the pen. Gallagher gave away the pen

Qarabag (1-3) First onw a cut back from Ramsays side, the second down our left. The third was a break down our middle, cut left (down Ramsays side) and scored from the edge of the box

Ross County (1-1) - Suppose this came from our right followed by a shite clearance from McCrorie and poor marking from Brown

Motherwell (2-0) - First one came from a cross from our left and Gallagher failed to mark, the second one came from a cross from our right which Ferguson ducked out of the way from.

St Johnstone (1-0) Yes down Ramsays side and unfortunate to come off Ramsays back into May's path. Gallagher gave May far too much room and Lewis should have done better. We were solid enough when Bates was on.

So yes, 10 out of the 16 goals conceded came from down our right hand side albeit 2 were Gurr's Brain Farts in the LC game Non of which I seem to recall was a direct result of Ramsay though, so maybe a but harsh to throw this at him

The Motherwell second goal Ramsay in fairness wasn't even on the pitch.

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

There's a couple of games he's lost his man from a short corner. 

And I thought he let May cut inside a wee bit easily at the weekend. 

But considering he's got to be up and down the line all day and is one of our key creative players at the top end of the pitch I think he's quite good defensively in the main. 

Fully agree here with he's quite good defensively in the main.

He handled O'Halloran and Middleton quite well I thought, even at one point running down the left wing to stop a counter attack at one point.

He had started to cramp up by the time May scored his goal. I think it was a bit fortunate to com off him and run into May's path in the first place, from where it was Gallagher who picked him up and sat to far deep off him. Surely the more experienced player should have been shepherding him wide 

2 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Haha some memory you've got! You should start a "who's to blame" thread like the one you had on Aberdeen Mad a couple season's back. 

I'm blaming all the goals conceded on Joe Lewis - he's the man we pay to keep the ball out of the net. He's been personally at fault for a few of them, and he ought to be organising the defence in front of him, which has been a total shambles thus far.

• Upvote 2
9 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Haha some memory you've got! You should start a "who's to blame" thread like the one you had on Aberdeen Mad a couple season's back. 

I'm blaming all the goals conceded on Joe Lewis - he's the man we pay to keep the ball out of the net. He's been personally at fault for a few of them, and he ought to be organising the defence in front of him, which has been a total shambles thus far.

Aye, certainly plenty of room for improvement.

I thought defensively we handled St Johnstone very well, up until Bates went off and Gallagher came on.

Ramsay and MacKenzie handled O'Halloran and Middleton very well.

McCrorie was very solid for the most part and one most of his defensive duties.

Bates surprisingly lost a few in the air that I had expected he would get but on the whole did reasonably well.

We were certainly more of a defensive unit and I'd be happy enough to see those 4 start in the next game assuming all are fit.

6 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Aye, certainly plenty of room for improvement.

I thought defensively we handled St Johnstone very well, up until Bates went off and Gallagher came on.

Ramsay and MacKenzie handled O'Halloran and Middleton very well.

McCrorie was very solid for the most part and one most of his defensive duties.

Bates surprisingly lost a few in the air that I had expected he would get but on the whole did reasonably well.

We were certainly more of a defensive unit and I'd be happy enough to see those 4 start in the next game assuming all are fit.

I've got fairly high hopes for Bates - he's at a better stage of his career than someone like Gallagher. I did wonder whether we'd end up with 3 at the back to accommodate Bates, Gallagher and McCrorie, and to allow the full backs to push higher up. 

2 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

I've got fairly high hopes for Bates - he's at a better stage of his career than someone like Gallagher. I did wonder whether we'd end up with 3 at the back to accommodate Bates, Gallagher and McCrorie, and to allow the full backs to push higher up. 

Only problem with bedding in a three at the back is that we have only those three fit and available.  Any injury or suspension and you're chopping and changing between 3 and 4 at the back. 

1 minute ago, Don_Corleone said:

It would also in theory, 3-5-2, make more sense and mean Ramirez wasn't isolated.

6 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Aye so mostly his side. 

Wasn’t being harsh, I was just saying I don’t think he’s near as good a defender as MacKenzie. Hardly matters as both are young so plenty to learn. 

We are leaning on both too much just now.

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, RUL said:

It would also in theory, 3-5-2, make more sense and mean Ramirez wasn't isolated.

Yes, which is another major issue that needs addressing. 352 seems to tick a few boxes. The big issue, as someone mentioned above, is that we literaly only have 3 central defenders (one of whom is really a midfielder), so any injuries and we'd have to revert back to a 4. MacKenzie might be able to slot in on the left side of a back 3 - and Devlin might be fit for a game or two by 2025.

6 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

You are absolutely loving this eh?

The easy thing would be for glass to pick the best players in the best positions and for those players to actually perform

Then it will shut people up 

Lewis in goal

Mccrorie Gallagher Bates Centre halves 

Ramsay and mackenzie full backs

Ferguson brown longstaff in midfield 

Hedges just behind ramirez up front

Do that and we have the team on paper to beat most teams

Then it's up to the players

It really isn't rocket science 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Millertime said:

The easy thing would be for glass to pick the best players in the best positions and for those players to actually perform

Lewis in goal

That's true. Although personally I'd go just 2 in the midfield as they are all very similar, and I'd use the extra player up front alongside Ramirez as i really think he needs a proper strike partner. So take out Longstaff or Ferguson in midfield and put Watkins up front with Ramirez. 

2 hours ago, Millertime said:

Lewis in goal

Agreed, apart from...

1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

That's true. Although personally I'd go just 2 in the midfield as they are all very similar, and I'd use the extra player up front alongside Ramirez as i really think he needs a proper strike partner. So take out Longstaff or Ferguson in midfield and put Watkins up front with Ramirez. 

Yes. This.

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Hearts fans probably never thought so either many a time.

We are not Hearts.

2 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

How did Hearts start their last season in this league after half a dozen games? Just curious if they managed a massive 8 points

After 6 games, they had 5 points.

After 11 games they had 8 points

we are not Hearts.. Settle FFS