Welcome back Stephen Glass

1 minute ago, sheepcrooky said:

By fuck, I am pissed off right now after getting beat again by a team of dross. 

But for now I am still okay with Glass. Actually trying to play football on the deck is far better than the shit we had to endure over the past 2 years. 

Dropping Lewis next week is an absolute must. 

Are your eyes painted on min?

Hopefully Cormack has Marijo Tot’s number and tells him to make his way over to Aberdeen. We need someone who can identify better players with a stronger mentality and football skill and who can coach our players better. 
We don’t need a young manager experiment going again because this has been a disaster. 
Tot said he knows better players who would do Aberdeen a job so let’s call his bluff.

We are a fucking embarrassment of a club.  Teams should be rubbing their hands when they know we’re up next. 

we normally toil in Paisley but generally don’t lose. Left early today as there was absolutely zero chance we were avoiding defeat.  

anyone that thinks glass should remain in his post does not have the club’s best interest at heart. 

glass is like a work experience guy suddenly asked to take charge. It’s genuinely cringeworthy what has happened to us. 

in every facet of his job he has failed, from signings to tactics. 

3 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

What the fuck are you on about? Are you actually that much of a window licker or just on the wind up? No cunt wanted a PE teacher from America so what a stupid point.

Really really thick.

Ah right, so you only wanted change if it meant winning every week? I see.

1 minute ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Grow up min.  You know damn well this was not the intention. 

I'll accept that there was a risk, but the point is we've taken the risk, it hasn't worked, so we try and fix it. We don't just sit back allow everything to go to ratshit. 

Right so at least we are getting somewhere now. There was every possibility this season could be horrendous no matter who we put in charge, there was no guarantee things were going to be any better than under McInnes as for all his faults we were  consistent. I distinctly recall posters on here saying they wouldn’t mind a difficult season or two if it meant we would end up a better side. That’s been swiftly forgotten now we’ve not won in 8.

I was willing to let glass have at least this season and build his own team etc but it’s looking like we can’t afford to do that now.

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

Do you think a team should have more backbone than lose two goals in about 7 minutes after going down to ten men against a team who have been in poor form? 

Yes.

We went down to 10 men, so immediately should have narrowed the game and closed the spaces. Their equaliser came as a result of us being too expansive and allowing them space to play into. I'd also need to see who should have followed their scorer in as he was left to run.

So yes, we collapsed when we went to 10 and didn't tighten up the ranks enough as we should have done

1 minute ago, Dr_Manhattan said:

We've been utter shite from almost the second Considine got injured. Since then, Glass hasn't had a clue how to set up at the back, chopping and changing every other week. I don't think he has any idea what our best defensive set up is, and to be fair neither do I. Lots of square pegs in round holes.

Our best defensive lineup is: -

Ramsay Bates McCrorie MacKenzie

I think everyone is happy enough with Ramsay and McKenzie as the full backs. Bates does seem to need a few more games to get up to speed (Slow to get out for their first and manhandled for their third). McCrorie is our best CH.

I'd be happy with that being the starting defence most weeks

4 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

You happy to stick with Glass?

I wanted him to have at least a season to get things the way he wants them but it looks like we can’t afford to do that now, or at least if the upcoming run of fixtures play out as expected.

Truth is we are not an attractive prospect for any decent manager. Unless the board are prepared to pay big money, which they clearly don’t want to.

54 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Game changed because of Collum.

Two howlers from Lewis though

Nope. 

deserved second yellow for a shite ineffective glass signing that incidentally should have scored when put clean through. 

re 2nd booking he was too slow and was rightfully sent off for standing on the guy’s ankle/foot. 

yes re Lewis. He’s turned to shite as well and that main goal was awful to watch. He came flapping out like a big fairy 

2 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Ah right, so you only wanted change if it meant winning every week? I see.

Right so at least we are getting somewhere now. There was every possibility this season could be horrendous no matter who we put in charge, there was no guarantee things were going to be any better than under McInnes as for all his faults we were  consistent. I distinctly recall posters on here saying they wouldn’t mind a difficult season or two if it meant we would end up a better side. That’s been swiftly forgotten now we’ve not won in 8.

I was willing to let glass have at least this season and build his own team etc but it’s looking like we can’t afford to do that now.

Well I wasn't one of the posters who said I'd endure a difficult season or two. But even then I would have endured IF the manager was competent and was actually building something, but Glass isn't. 

From your last paragraph are you in agreement that Glass is not the man? 

4 minutes ago, El Pacino said:

Matter of time before he turns on the “group of players” he keeps referring too. What a complete and utter pile of shit. I said when Ross left Sunderland we should move heaven and earth to bring him in. No let’s bring in my pal Glass.

Ross was appointed in 2019 wasn’t he? Don’t think you can blame Cormack for not bringing him in when he wasn’t even at our club.

Bam

Glass needs to go but it's who we bring in to replace him. I can't see Alex Neil coming he's said he has no interest in coming back to manage in Scotland at the moment. The problem is Glass is turning into Ian Cathro mark 2 he looks utterly clueless.

I'd even take Lennon for the rest of this season if it means Glass gets to fuck that's how bad things are.

3 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

Nope. 

deserved second yellow for a shite ineffective glass signing that incidentally should have scored when put clean through. 

re 2nd booking he was too slow and was rightfully sent off for standing on the guy’s ankle/foot. 

yes re Lewis. He’s turned to shite as well and that main goal was awful to watch. He came flapping out like a big fairy 

I accept the second booking, it was a soft yellow. There was absolutely nothing wrong with what Jenks did for the first and the boy Fraser just conned a poor ref by squealing like a pig being slaughtered

17 minutes ago, Jocky Balboa said:

This I disagree with. With the money we paid McInnes, we should have been more than capable of sourcing a competent and experienced man for the job. 

Regardless of whether Glass fails, McInnes's time was up and I suspect even he knew this deep down. Ending his reign is not the issue, the failure to replace him with the best possible replacement is. We have Cormack's man instead.

We're still paying McInnes....