Welcome back Stephen Glass

6 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

If we make the change now, the season may not be all lost.

Fuck about any longer and it will be, and will see us dragged into a dogfight.

Huge call for Cormack and one he’ll no doubt dodge until we’re nearer the bottom.

The worry is, how much influence will fellow board member Darren Eales and his Yankee mates have on the decision to bullet Glass AND who his successor is, which might rule out Alex Neil or Jim Goodwin and rule in Henry Apolloo and other Atlanta coaching staff? They want some kind of return on their investment 

Crowd for this weeks Sellic game will be interesting and indicative of fans’ feeling.

Agree with all that.

And we’ll be lucky to break 14,000 on Sunday. 
And that’s including the filths fans. 

7 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

If we make the change now, the season may not be all lost.

Fuck about any longer and it will be, and will see us dragged into a dogfight.

Huge call for Cormack and one he’ll no doubt dodge until we’re nearer the bottom.

The worry is, how much influence will fellow board member Darren Eales and his Yankee mates have on the decision to bullet Glass AND who his successor is, which might rule out Alex Neil or Jim Goodwin and rule in Henry Apolloo and other Atlanta coaching staff? They want some kind of return on their investment 

Crowd for this weeks Sellic game will be interesting and indicative of fans’ feeling.

Nobody is getting a return on investment by appointing another joke. Celtic will be a interesting game considering they won't sit in. They will come at us, having said that it did us no favours against Qarabag. 

34 minutes ago, Simosmashed my knee said:

DC will back his pal SG until the fans turn, which will be in November. I cannot see us winning many of the next 5 games, Dundee maybe. He has backed him budget wise however some of SGs signing have been shite..............

Any managers with the initials AC that DC could go for?

40 minutes ago, Simosmashed my knee said:

DC will back his pal SG until the fans turn, which will be in November. I cannot see us winning many of the next 5 games, Dundee maybe. He has backed him budget wise however some of SGs signing have been shite..............

DC is a joke. Worse than Milne. 

Sure he is positive and genuinely wants to drive the club forward, but he fucked it by appointing his mate. And now he's blinded by  optimism. Optimism is great but reality needs to be taken into account. He'll fuck the club with his massive blind spot. 

Not to mention that he's a bare faced liar. 

I’m amazed with the amount of nut job conspiracy theorists on here that nobody has managed to unearth a plot, possibly involving big pharma or bill gates, implying Glass’s hiring and subsequent performance is a deliberate attempt to destroy us from the inside. 

twl or crash my pilot are missing a trick here. 
surely MSM are in on it too by not calling for his head. 

follow the clues people. 

13 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

I’m amazed with the amount of nut job conspiracy theorists on here that nobody has managed to unearth a plot, possibly involving big pharma or bill gates, implying Glass’s hiring and subsequent performance is a deliberate attempt to destroy us from the inside. 

twl or crash my pilot are missing a trick here. 
surely MSM are in on it too by not calling for his head. 

follow the clues people. 

Thing is Dave chose the right club as we're all sheep. 

1 hour ago, Ernie McCracken said:

DC is a joke. Worse than Milne. 

Sure he is positive and genuinely wants to drive the club forward, but he fucked it by appointing his mate. And now he's blinded by  optimism. Optimism is great but reality needs to be taken into account. He'll fuck the club with his massive blind spot. 

Not to mention that he's a bare faced liar. 

He can rectify his mistake quickly though.  
Maybe after October fixtures have been.  

1 hour ago, 1983 said:

It’s amazing how quickly Considine has turned into Maldini-esque - absence certainly seems to make the heart grow founder with some here.

It wasn’t long ago he was only to be used as emergency backup…

Have you seen our current defensive performance and our drive and passion?

So yes - we miss a fully committed, experienced, passionate player with fairly average skill - it perhaps shouldn't be so - we should be better but the league table doesn't lie and is not likely to get better any time soon.

Celtics defence may be poor by their standards but their attack appears more reliable than ours and they too will be looking for a win. It's an interesting challenge for the SG experiment. Does he open out and take the game to them and rely on our defence to hold or play like McInnes and hope to get lucky (that really never worked) - I'd give him some credit if he went for it and played two strikers (if we actually do have two actual strikers) and with some width (do we have any real wide players who aren't over the hill/ slow as treacle or called Kennedy).and had a team running into space ahead of the ball rather than always behind it  - or do we just play lots of defensive and attacking midfielders and hope our young loons can do something and claim that winning the possession stats qualifies as a moral high ground victory and a sign of incipient greatness.

It's the hope that kills you.

14 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Well that’s a thoroughly depressing thought. I would take Davidson for obvious reasons but there’s very slim pickings in that market.

Then you’re an utter moron.

Thanks for your assessment of my mental state. I wont bother going to my next quack's appointment you have saved me time and money, thanks.

Your diagnosis is fukin ingenious, run along now...................

• Upvote 1
On 9/20/2021 at 11:12 AM, Tord31 said:

The day I knew Cormack, Gunn and Glass did not know what they were doing;

The day we signed Matty Longstaff. A, presumably, very expensive player in an area of the pitch that was our absolute lowest priority.

Absolute bonkers signing.

The four players that came in; Samuels, Watkins, Longstaff and Bates - we could have been a lot more smart with our final pennies.

A penalty box striker, a winger and Bates.

I do hope Watkins, Samuels and Longstaff prove their worth though.

I'm sticking to this.

We are always going to feel obliged to play Brown and Ferguson, and we have a hunner other central midfielders at the club and out on loan.

They don't know what they are doing.

Glass will be sacked in 2022 assuming he manages to win or draw a couple of games at some point.

What a disaster.

Nice idea but epic fail.

Cormack and co aren't short of a few bob. If they wanted to take a punt on someone why not go for the likes of John Terry? Make an offer to Lampard etc. Get someone like Scott Booth in as assistant. Show a bit of ambition. Would have lifted the whole profile of the club. Glass was an underwhelming appointment from the very start. Unfortunately instead of progressing as a club we're in dander of regressing. The support in Paisley was the smallest i've seen in years, on TV or not. Missed opportunity