Welcome back Stephen Glass

I've said on a number of occasions Millertime's opinion on football is pointless. I'd be inclined to ban him from the football sub forum, he can have is fun in the pub.

Never forget Frankie thought Langfield was a great goalkeeper. Just remind yourself of that when you read his opinion on football in general.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

I've said on a number of occasions Millertime's opinion on football is pointless. I'd be inclined to ban him from the football sub forum, he can have is fun in the pub.

Never forget Frankie thought Langfield was a great goalkeeper. Just remind yourself of that when you read his opinion on football in general.

Confirmed spacker ?

6 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

I dont think I ever said great

I said he was a better goalkeeper than most of the rest of our team were in their position 

1 hour ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Anyone who's of the opinion that Hitchim Zeroalli was a superior football player to Eoin Jess can't be taken seriously. A nae righter for sure. 

2 hours ago, ericblack4boss said:

Calderwood was one of those cowboy cunts , spoke a good job, turned up with a couple of mates one( Clark) an alky and the other ( Nicholl) spent most of his time raking through the homeowner knicker drawer trying to ride the females in the house, 

Calderwood promised all these great additions and fancy rooms, etc, in the end  we got sick of his excuses for never turning up , 

Wow so your saying calderwood was shit. Second best manager in last 30 years 

Guest milne_afc
Just now, super_al said:

The problem is we would essentially need to reboot again i.e remove all the new coaches and players Glass has brought in. You may think that's a good thing but its more money we need to spend that we don't have.

Are you back in touch with Dave the shyster?

2 hours ago, elephantstone78 said:

Genuine open question, is there anyone who is still of the opinion that glass should stay and be given more time?

if so, what are you seeing that gives you optimism?

The problem is we would essentially need to reboot again i.e remove all the new coaches and players Glass has brought in. You may think that's a good thing but its more money we need to spend that we don't have.

13 minutes ago, super_al said:

Not sacking someone because of money is daft. If we continue with not winning, crowds will drop...meaning less money. 

21 minutes ago, super_al said:

That's what happens at most clubs when they make a mistake. Probably factored in at most clubs as a possible expense, bit like a bad debt provision. 

You think it's better to keep folk that aren't up to it? 

He'll be here until the end of the month at least - I think most people assume that. As has been said before, if we still haven't won by then (which is very very possible) that would be 12 or 13 without a win. Nobody could defend a run like that. You'd expect to even fluke a win at some point in 3 or 4 months playing your youth team, never mind your first team.

For what it's worth, I'd punt him now. There's no signs that it's going to work out alright in the end, so there's no point prolonging the pain. 

• Upvote 1

The majority of Aberdeen fans wanted a change, wanted better football, wanted Derek McInnes sacked and now you have what you wanted. We forced Alex Smith, Calderwood and now Derek McInnes out and we never succeed in finding anyone better. 

Scottish football is all about grinding out results by being hard to beat and well organized. If you try and stray from the formula you end up in the bottom 6 and failing to meet expectations.

• Like 2

Glass could be here for five seasons before some would admit he is no better than (& with little sign he can improve on) McInnes (even at the tail end of his tenure) where it was obvious to 1000’s 

That said I would still never want McInnes back at the club & am glad he’s gone(even if too late) but this doesn’t mean I/we should be happy with his replacement regardless.

Chances of an experimental & cheap puppet replacement being a success were slim at best. Don’t see why we should be made to suffer Cormacks egotistical experimental fantasy football game any longer just for the sake of ‘give him time’ or for those unwilling to want changes because we have been so bad at it in past because of shite chairman.

Cormack has clearly overridden other board members to get his man in. Time for those weak cunt board members to pull Cormack up on his shite

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
5 hours ago, super_al said:

The majority of Aberdeen fans wanted a change, wanted better football, wanted Derek McInnes sacked and now you have what you wanted. We forced Alex Smith, Calderwood and now Derek McInnes out and we never succeed in finding anyone better. 

Scottish football is all about grinding out results by being hard to beat and well organized. If you try and stray from the formula you end up in the bottom 6 and failing to meet expectations.

People didn’t want McInnes sacked cause we weren’t playing good football. We weren’t getting results. 10 games without a single goal.