Welcome back Stephen Glass

6 hours ago, super_al said:

The majority of Aberdeen fans wanted a change, wanted better football, wanted Derek McInnes sacked and now you have what you wanted. We forced Alex Smith, Calderwood and now Derek McInnes out and we never succeed in finding anyone better. 

Scottish football is all about grinding out results by being hard to beat and well organized. If you try and stray from the formula you end up in the bottom 6 and failing to meet expectations.

The majority wanted McInnes gone because he was no longer able to take us forward, or even maintain the standards that he had previously set - we were going backwards. The football was boring and the results were bad.

We wanted a change to reverse that trend. It was a reasonable thing to ask for. Glass is clearly not the man to achieve it though.

• Upvote 1

Mcinness time was well and truly up and had been for at least 18 months. To his credit, when he did leave, the job was a far more attractive one than when he joined. This should have made getting in a decent replacement an easy job for the board, there surely must have been some better candidates than an inexperienced Stephen Glass, but cormack obviously already had his man. I'm sure most supporters were like myself very disappointed in Glass getting the job but hoped that it would work out, although I think we all had an inkling of how this would end. It's time for cormack to hold his hands up and do the right thing before this season is a total bust. We're staring down the barrel of a relegation fight at the moment which is crazy for a club who rightly views a forth place finish as failure. Get this shit sorted. 

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Glass could be here for five seasons before some would admit he is no better than (& with little sign he can improve on) McInnes (even at the tail end of his tenure) where it was obvious to 1000’s 

That said I would still never want McInnes back at the club & am glad he’s gone(even if too late) but this doesn’t mean I/we should be happy with his replacement regardless.

Chances of an experimental & cheap puppet replacement being a success were slim at best. Don’t see why we should be made to suffer Cormacks egotistical experimental fantasy football game any longer just for the sake of ‘give him time’ or for those unwilling to want changes because we have been so bad at it in past because of shite chairman.

Cormack has clearly overridden other board members to get his man in. Time for those weak cunt board members to pull Cormack up on his shite

Darren Eales struggles to appoint a manager for Atlanta, never mind Cormack being the one that’s leading him down the proverbial path. I’ve highlighted this before. Atlanta are on their 4th coach in 5 years…

Look at who’s on our board - it makes for terrible reading.

• Board of Directors:
    • Tom Crotty (Venture capitalist)
    • Darren Eales (4 managers in 5 years at AUTD)
    • Stewart Milne (? the most experienced…)
    • Zoe Ogilvie (A PR vessel)
    • Kevin MacIver (finance)
    • Robert Wicks (commercial - good guy)

We had a great chance to prove how Scottish Football is ruined by the establishment dinosaurs, instead, we’ve validated them.

I highlighted the ~25% win stats for Glass and showed that in his two years at AUTD he was conceding 2 goals for every 1 scored. I highlighted the need for an experienced DOF to be appointed before the manager. I highlighted Atlanta’s lack of footballing success and experience, even though they’ve had superb commercial success due to a huge captive audience and being invited into a protected franchise model.

The governance and leadership of our club doesn’t seem to be built on analysis or good judgement. It’s built on believing American capitalism will make us successful.

For the record, I voted yesterday to give Glass the full season. Why? Because the board must learn. We don’t generate a billion of revenue like Atlanta and we can’t afford to buy our way out of poor leadership decisions like AUTD. Our decision making must be considered and involve people who have the experience to make the most informed decisions possible. Sacking Glass prematurely will allow our board to pretend Glass may have worked out and they might not take full responsibility. It would also lay the responsibility on Glass and not Dave Cormack, Darren Eales and Steven Gunn. Steven Gunn is in no way qualified to lead, support and direct Glass. If I were him I’d be trying to hire a respected football brain to support his decisions - if he makes any.

It’s a shambles. It can’t be repeated. Give glass more time to confirm to us all that there is no one currently at the club who can influence performance on the pitch. The EXACT opposite of the philosophy Dave Cormack discussed. Where the club’s success would be built on foundations allowing coaches and players to leave with no reset in squad or success levels.

Turns out that it’s entirely built on the quality of the 1st team manager.

11 minutes ago, 1983 said:

I highlighted the ~25% win stats for Glass and showed that in his two years at AUTD he was conceding 2 goals for every 1 scored. I highlighted the need for an experienced DOF to be appointed before the manager. I highlighted Atlanta’s lack of footballing success and experience, even though they’ve had superb commercial success due to a huge captive audience and being invited into a protected franchise model.

You highlighted all these things to a message board full of middle aged men who have nothing to do with Aberdeen Football Club but they still went and appointed him? Unbelievable. Disgrace!!!!!!

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, super_al said:

The majority of Aberdeen fans wanted a change, wanted better football, wanted Derek McInnes sacked and now you have what you wanted. We forced Alex Smith, Calderwood and now Derek McInnes out and we never succeed in finding anyone better. 

Scottish football is all about grinding out results by being hard to beat and well organized. If you try and stray from the formula you end up in the bottom 6 and failing to meet expectations.

Except Mcinnes' early teams did play entertaining football AND got better results than his later teams. 

Latterly the football was eye-bleeding, the results were shite and we went 10 games without even scoring. 

27 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

You highlighted all these things to a message board full of middle aged men who have nothing to do with Aberdeen Football Club but they still went and appointed him? Unbelievable. Disgrace!!!!!!

I was aiming to highlight that even a middle aged man on a message board could identify the potential problems.

I am absolutely aware you would struggle to do anything of any value.

1 hour ago, 1983 said:

We had a great chance to prove how Scottish Football is ruined by the establishment dinosaurs, instead, we’ve validated them.

Don’t consider myself clever or informed enough to comment on your other “franchise management” stuff but absolutely take a bow for that sentence above.  Absolutely one millions percent this!

To put it in Scottish fitba terms that is absolutely the Doncaster Sevco gamble right there.  So far he’s been proved right and apparently it’s us that’s wrong.  Which is fine.  Hardly the first time.  So I’ll just keep my hand in my pooch and fuck off and watch Highland League and the loon at a fraction of the cost and a considerable increase in the enjoyment.

11 hours ago, super_al said:

Where do you even start with that.

Smith was finished the minute Jocky Scott left and we improved massively the following season.

Calderwood and Mcinnes were both done - the fact we appointed a self absorbed clown and the chairman's pal to replace them doesn't change that fact.

3 hours ago, NEM said:

Smith was finished the minute Jocky Scott left and we improved massively the following season.

Calderwood and Mcinnes were both done - the fact we appointed a self absorbed clown and the chairman's pal to replace them doesn't change that fact.

I still think the departure of Smith was the start of our demise

12 hours ago, don corleone said:

Mcinness time was well and truly up and had been for at least 18 months. To his credit, when he did leave, the job was a far more attractive one than when he joined. This should have made getting in a decent replacement an easy job for the board, there surely must have been some better candidates than an inexperienced Stephen Glass, but cormack obviously already had his man. I'm sure most supporters were like myself very disappointed in Glass getting the job but hoped that it would work out, although I think we all had an inkling of how this would end. It's time for cormack to hold his hands up and do the right thing before this season is a total bust. We're staring down the barrel of a relegation fight at the moment which is crazy for a club who rightly views a forth place finish as failure. Get this shit sorted. 

Exactly, our stock was pretty decent at the end of McInnes's tenure, all things considered. I said at the time that, with the money being spent on his wages, we could have sourced a more than adequate replacement to at least make a good fist of the job. Glass was no-ones first choice and the pressure is already on. I hope he turns it around and still give him until the next transfer window to identify and deal with the weaknesses/imbalances in the squad, but it's looking like a forlorn hope at this point.

26 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Expecting the shite players a shite manager has signed to turn it around for him is ludicrous really.

Of all his signings so far, Only Brown has been almost acceptable but even that is questionable now.

A manager who’s clueless and signs clueless players, who don’t look like winning a game this year never mind this month,  deserve what’s coming.  ( (Relegation.)

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
12 hours ago, NEM said:

I don't disagree but we can never successfully replace a relatively successful manager and move forward. Our recruitment of managers is terrible.

On 10/4/2021 at 9:02 AM, Parklife said:

Except Mcinnes' early teams did play entertaining football AND got better results than his later teams. 

Latterly the football was eye-bleeding, the results were shite and we went 10 games without even scoring. 

6 is bad enough, why do folk keep saying it was 10? 

Glass has just put in a worse run of form than actually got McInnes sacked. It’s absolutely incredible. And people are saying it’ll come good? 

17 minutes ago, SDY said:

6 is bad enough, why do folk keep saying it was 10? 

Glass has just put in a worse run of form than actually got McInnes sacked. It’s absolutely incredible. And people are saying it’ll come good? 

Sorry. It was 1 goal in 9 games. My mistake. 

11 points from 13 league games in 2021. So Glass' 8 points in 8 games this season, whilst nowhere near acceptable, is still better than the run that got McInnes sacked. 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Sorry. It was 1 goal in 9 games. My mistake. 

11 points from 13 league games in 2021. So Glass' 8 points in 8 games this season, whilst nowhere near acceptable, is still better than the run that got McInnes sacked. 

Every cloud. Jenks is free from suspension too,

Guest findlay_1903
Just now, ericblack4boss said:

Averaging 14 shots at goal per game, suggest we are doing things correctly, more shots at goal than opposition in games, 

What was it a great Dane said about statistics?

Pretty sure it was;

You can lead a donkey to the sand but it can’t make a castle without the correct equipment.