Welcome back Stephen Glass

3 hours ago, NEM said:

Where do you even start with that.

Smith was finished the minute Jocky Scott left and we improved massively the following season.

Calderwood and Mcinnes were both done - the fact we appointed a self absorbed clown and the chairman's pal to replace them doesn't change that fact.

I still think the departure of Smith was the start of our demise

12 hours ago, don corleone said:

Mcinness time was well and truly up and had been for at least 18 months. To his credit, when he did leave, the job was a far more attractive one than when he joined. This should have made getting in a decent replacement an easy job for the board, there surely must have been some better candidates than an inexperienced Stephen Glass, but cormack obviously already had his man. I'm sure most supporters were like myself very disappointed in Glass getting the job but hoped that it would work out, although I think we all had an inkling of how this would end. It's time for cormack to hold his hands up and do the right thing before this season is a total bust. We're staring down the barrel of a relegation fight at the moment which is crazy for a club who rightly views a forth place finish as failure. Get this shit sorted. 

Exactly, our stock was pretty decent at the end of McInnes's tenure, all things considered. I said at the time that, with the money being spent on his wages, we could have sourced a more than adequate replacement to at least make a good fist of the job. Glass was no-ones first choice and the pressure is already on. I hope he turns it around and still give him until the next transfer window to identify and deal with the weaknesses/imbalances in the squad, but it's looking like a forlorn hope at this point.

26 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Expecting the shite players a shite manager has signed to turn it around for him is ludicrous really.

Of all his signings so far, Only Brown has been almost acceptable but even that is questionable now.

A manager who’s clueless and signs clueless players, who don’t look like winning a game this year never mind this month,  deserve what’s coming.  ( (Relegation.)

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
12 hours ago, NEM said:

Where do you even start with that.

Smith was finished the minute Jocky Scott left and we improved massively the following season.

Calderwood and Mcinnes were both done - the fact we appointed a self absorbed clown and the chairman's pal to replace them doesn't change that fact.

I don't disagree but we can never successfully replace a relatively successful manager and move forward. Our recruitment of managers is terrible.

On 10/4/2021 at 9:02 AM, Parklife said:

Except Mcinnes' early teams did play entertaining football AND got better results than his later teams. 

Latterly the football was eye-bleeding, the results were shite and we went 10 games without even scoring. 

6 is bad enough, why do folk keep saying it was 10? 

Glass has just put in a worse run of form than actually got McInnes sacked. It’s absolutely incredible. And people are saying it’ll come good? 

17 minutes ago, SDY said:

6 is bad enough, why do folk keep saying it was 10? 

Glass has just put in a worse run of form than actually got McInnes sacked. It’s absolutely incredible. And people are saying it’ll come good? 

Sorry. It was 1 goal in 9 games. My mistake. 

11 points from 13 league games in 2021. So Glass' 8 points in 8 games this season, whilst nowhere near acceptable, is still better than the run that got McInnes sacked. 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Sorry. It was 1 goal in 9 games. My mistake. 

11 points from 13 league games in 2021. So Glass' 8 points in 8 games this season, whilst nowhere near acceptable, is still better than the run that got McInnes sacked. 

Every cloud. Jenks is free from suspension too,

Guest findlay_1903
Just now, ericblack4boss said:

Averaging 14 shots at goal per game, suggest we are doing things correctly, more shots at goal than opposition in games, 

What was it a great Dane said about statistics?

Pretty sure it was;

You can lead a donkey to the sand but it can’t make a castle without the correct equipment. 

3 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Averaging 14 shots at goal per game, suggest we are doing things correctly, more shots at goal than opposition in games, 

What was it a great Dane said about statistics?

Depends where you are shooting from and how powerful the shot is. 

Is it a shot likely to result in a goal or is it a sclaff from the edge of the box that barely reaches the goalie? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...