Welcome back Stephen Glass

21 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

Completely agree, mate..if I used logic to support my argument it would dissipate, based on his ‘experience’. However, in the absence of that, I will go with feel good emotion/ excitement and hope to fuck it comes good...

I’m with this. So far the back room team is impressive and Glass has a great left boot. Coupled with the fact that Cormack has to back him to the hilt this has got to be more exciting than more Mcinneshite. I’m in for the ride. If it goes wrong we know who to blame.

P.S. Anyone else heard the rumour that McInnes had tried to sign O’Donnell in Jan and Cormack over ruled it rightly asking wtf?

6 minutes ago, JazzaBett said:

I’m with this. So far the back room team is impressive and Glass has a great left boot. Coupled with the fact that Cormack has to back him to the hilt this has got to be more exciting than more Mcinneshite. I’m in for the ride. If it goes wrong we know who to blame.

P.S. Anyone else heard the rumour that McInnes had tried to sign O’Donnell in Jan and Cormack over ruled it rightly asking wtf?

Never heard that, but fair play if Cormack said, no. Sure I’ve read on here that O’D wouldn’t come back here anyway, which is a choice he should never be afforded..

28 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

Never heard that, but fair play if Cormack said, no. Sure I’ve read on here that O’D wouldn’t come back here anyway, which is a choice he should never be afforded..

Yeah it does smell of sh#te especially as he was supposed to have agreed terms. Wouldn’t put it past McInnes tho.

5 hours ago, Ke1t said:

It's funny... for years I've said the club needs more positivity and optimism about it, like the American model... and everybody was like, "Get tae fuck wi yer stupid Yank shite"

Then Cormack turns up with his terrific teeth, suntan, messages of optimism and the American way, and everyone's all, "YAAAAAY! YAAAAY!"

And I'm all... "Haud on..."

?

?

All breaks down, role reversal...

Glass wasn't my ideal appointment,  I don't know who was tbh. I had become a bit disenchanted with all things AFC under McInnes the last few years.

Glass is in the hotseat and I'm willing to give him time to make the changes to the team he says he will. He certainly talks a good game, now we have to wait and see if he can walk the walk.

I won't be judging him on any games this season other than any visible changes to of style. Hard to judge him on results as he's not going to instantly turn that around given this is McInnes team/players.  Judgement from me will come after 2/3 windows and if its still shite and no discernable improvement then I'll start to grumble. Until then I'm cautiously optimistic 

• Upvote 2

Every managerial appointment is a gamble no matter whether they have experience or not. Glass with his staff excite me due to the fact they all have qualities I was looking for in a new management team. Brown is an absolute winner and will help the younger players we are told will become more prominent, he also has a good knowledge of Scottish football currently. Russell is a crack forwards coach who must have many contacts all over the English leagues and Europe. Glass has done something different career wise than the usual boring suspects like Hughes, Goodwin and Robinson. He will hopefully have different ideas to the hum drum normal Scottish type coach and will have loads of contacts in the US. Time will tell how much of a gamble it will be but it has got to better than the rubbish we have been watching lately

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, DelMonte said:

No point in changing it when we have a few games left. Especially not to Considine. 

There absolutely is when what is in place isn't working.

Considine would be ok as a stop-gap until the end of the season. I'd also have no problem with giving it to Ferguson, McCrorie or Hoban .

However as I've stated before.......I have a horrible feeling that the captaincy is a built in condition in Lewis' contract. If it was, he'd have to voluntarily give it up. What really concerns me is that Lewis hasn't done so already.....if he himself couldn't see it was working then it says a lot about his qualities as a player and possibly as a person.

11 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Considine would be ok as a stop-gap until the end of the season. I'd also have no problem with giving it to Ferguson, McCrorie or Hoban .

However as I've stated before.......I have a horrible feeling that the captaincy is a built in condition in Lewis' contract. If it was, he'd have to voluntarily give it up. What really concerns me is that Lewis hasn't done so already.....if he himself couldn't see it was working then it says a lot about his qualities as a player and possibly as a person.

It was well known that McInnes used the extra money paid for being captain to help with contract renegotiations. 

Jack, Shinnie, Lewis. 

Let's face it, there's absolutely no other reason why Jack would ever have been made captain. Slack jawed prick. 

8 hours ago, donswin1983 said:

Spot on..why continue with the  tried and tested, SPL, Largs types...sure I read that ‘stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result’..paraphrasing...

He is a product of the Largs system....

I've honestly no idea how things will pan out. He wasn't who I wanted (I'm not actually sure who I did but it certainly wasn't Glass). However he's in post and he will have my full support. I cannot argue against his backroom team appointments and so far he has spoken well in interviews. 

In view of the massive turnover of players in the summer, I'm even giving him a bit of a free pass for next season. I'm not expecting miracles quickly, especially if he's going to be playing 2 or 3 young loons on a regular basis. It's what we all wanted to see but in doing so we have to accept they will make a few mistakes along the way as part of their learning process. 4th or 5th in the league and early(ish) exits from the cups I'd accept ......but not in his second season. If we do better then it will be a nice bonus.

16 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

That 3 need to concentrate on upping their game. Been piss poor for months. 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Exactly. 

None of the three of them have shown the minerals to be captain this season. 

Remember some were saying Hoban would be at an epl side?! Lolz

hes been bang average for ages, so needs to sort that. Possibly down to the previous manager right enough. He looks far too nice to be captain as well.

Same as considine tbh. 

49 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I've honestly no idea how things will pan out. He wasn't who I wanted (I'm not actually sure who I did but it certainly wasn't Glass). However he's in post and he will have my full support. I cannot argue against his backroom team appointments and so far he has spoken well in interviews. 

In view of the massive turnover of players in the summer, I'm even giving him a bit of a free pass for next season. I'm not expecting miracles quickly, especially if he's going to be playing 2 or 3 young loons on a regular basis. It's what we all wanted to see but in doing so we have to accept they will make a few mistakes along the way as part of their learning process. 4th or 5th in the league and early(ish) exits from the cups I'd accept ......but not in his second season. If we do better then it will be a nice bonus.

My point was Largs types, by which I meant anti football tactics, and not the free flowing game that SG will hopefully be putting on show ??

14 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Remember some were saying Hoban would be at an epl side?! Lolz

hes been bang average for ages, so needs to sort that. Possibly down to the previous manager right enough. He looks far too nice to be captain as well.

Same as considine tbh. 

I think Tommy would be a good centre back alongside a decent right back. 

But a captain he is not. 

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

He’s going to basically be bringing in his own starting 11 and speculation he will be backed more than any manager in recent times. Absolute no chance he gets a pass next season with 4th-5th being acceptable. It all depends on what kind of budget he’s been given but if it’s decent anything less than third is underachieving. Even scraping third would be a moderate pass mark. This season yes he has to bed in and working with players that aren’t his but not next season. 

1 minute ago, slippers said:

He’s going to basically be bringing in his own starting 11 and speculation he will be backed more than any manager in recent times. Absolute no chance he gets a pass next season with 4th-5th. This season yes he has to bed in and working with players that aren’t his but not next season. 

A pass from who though? 

The fans or the board? 

He'll definitely get a pass from the board if he finishes 4th in his first full season after a rebuild, especially if he's got a team with a fair number of young players in it. 

The fans? Probably the same reaction for the most part in those circumstances I'd guess.  If he finishes the same as McInnes in his first year with attacking football and a young team most of the support will be patient. 

Those who already want him to fail will have their knives out long before the end of this season, let alone next. 

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

A pass from who though? 

The fans or the board? 

He'll definitely get a pass from the board if he finishes 4th in his first full season after a rebuild, especially if he's got a team with a fair number of young players in it. 

The fans? Probably the same reaction for the most part in those circumstances I'd guess.  If he finishes the same as McInnes in his first year with attacking football and a young team most of the support will be patient. 

Those who already want him to fail will have their knives out long before the end of this season, let alone next. 

He’s got the advantage of up to 8 games to see what squads like. I think the biggest  problem with Glass saying the club is on rise and all that kind of stuff is that it raises expectations and pressure on himself. Anything less than third is underachieving. Anything better is overachieving. Is it really that unrealistic for us to win at least 20/38 games with the third biggest budget in league regardless of playing a few youngsters. Every other team bloods youngsters too. 

10 minutes ago, slippers said:

He’s got the advantage of up to 8 games to see what squads like. I think the biggest  problem with Glass saying the club is on rise and all that kind of stuff is that it raises expectations and pressure on himself. Anything less than third is underachieving. Anything better is overachieving. Is it really that unrealistic for us to win at least 20/38 games with the third biggest budget in league regardless of playing a few youngsters. Every other team bloods youngsters too. 

It depends.  I think he needs to be judged on a number of factors during his first season, not just league position. It's boring talking about 3rd place all the time and ignoring everything else that's going on. 

Things are more nuanced than judging purely on league position. 

If he finishes third and the style of play is still crap, we're bringing in the same journeymen bench warmers and there are no young players in the team I'll be unhappy. 

If he finishes 4th but we've been playing good football with a young team ill be reasonably happy we're headed in a good direction. 

If he finishes 5th or 6th but wins a trophy with a young attacking team I'd take that over another turgid 3rd place finish. 

I will be looking Today and going forward at the style of football he is playing. I want to see us at least attempt to play good attacking football this season but obviously he could be hindered by the current squad In the fact we may not get results, but next season when he gets a pre-season and his own players in I will be expecting him to show us a good style of attacking football which may take a while to bear fruit in respects of results, but ultimately I believe if he sticks to good attacking football and signs the right players we should be expecting at least 3rd next season

3 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Changing the captain just now would upset more than it would please. Literally pointless. 

11 hours ago, Ke1t said:

It's funny... for years I've said the club needs more positivity and optimism about it, like the American model... and everybody was like, "Get tae fuck wi yer stupid Yank shite"

Then Cormack turns up with his terrific teeth, suntan, messages of optimism and the American way, and everyone's all, "YAAAAAY! YAAAAY!"

And I'm all... "Haud on..."

?

Aw so it turns out you knew best all along? What a surprise. Ironic though considering all you’ve been is completely negative over the last few pages. Almost as if you talk a constant stream of shite.

As full of tedious self-importance as that other creep rocket scientist.

1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

Changing the captain just now would upset more than it would please. Literally pointless. 

53 minutes ago, Millertime said:

In all seriousness, how do you know that?

If it started getting results I wouldn’t give a monkeys who it upset.  Pointless ????????   If they start winning more games more points.?   

My preference would be to leave Joe the captain until the end of the season.

I'd be fine with having Considine or Ferguson as captain next season.

I'm against having a part-time player as our full time captain, and would cringe to see (say) Considine hand the armband over to Brown for (say) the last 20 minutes of a game.

Our captain should be expected to be on the park for 90 minutes a game, every game.