Frank Grimes

Welcome back Stephen Glass

He needs to stop sniffing so much during interviews

and 2/3 transfer windows to sort out the shambles McInnes has left behind.

4 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

He needs to stop sniffing so much during interviews

Just back from signing talks with Leigh Griffiths

Considine saying the intensity of training has risen already and it's been a lot tougher. Does make you wonder what the hell was going on before. 

Another dig at McInnes training in Considines interview. Saying that the training was more intense, more energy and just more determination. 

No wonder we've looked lethargic and slow in games if that's what we've been lacking in training. 

1 minute ago, Sheeptastic said:

Considine saying the intensity of training has risen already and it's been a lot tougher. Does make you wonder what the hell was going on before. 

Was just typing that. See above.

It's not a surprise though,  Cosgrove alluded to the same thing. Wright already bulked up as well. 

Nae difficult for the puny hun to bulk up to be fair. 

Does beg the question why he was always a skinny runt here and never put on some sort of program to bulk up a bit. 

Is there any evidence of this bulking up? They were suggesting outrageous increases in only a few weeks. 

He doesn't look any different to me the times I've seen him play for the Huns. 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Is there any evidence of this bulking up? They were suggesting outrageous increases in only a few weeks. 

He doesn't look any different to me the times I've seen him play for the Huns. 

Do you know what, a was thinking the exact same thing?, any time I’ve seen him since there is no indication that he has “bulked up”. Another passive aggressive way for the media to take a sly dig at our training and care for our young players.

wright bulking up-file as shite talk

1 minute ago, Dons79 said:

Do you know what, a was thinking the exact same thing?, any time I’ve seen him since there is no indication that he has “bulked up”. Another passive aggressive way for the media to take a sly dig at our training and care for our young players.

wright bulking up-file as shite talk

I'm not saying that our training didn't need a shake up, it sounds like things had slackened off towards the end of the McInnes era. 

But the Wright story just doesn't stand up based on the eye test. Not yet anyway 

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I'm not saying that our training didn't need a shake up, it sounds like things had slackened off towards the end of the McInnes era. 

But the Wright story just doesn't stand up based on the eye test. Not yet anyway 

Wright has plenty time to work in the gym, its not like he actually needs to worry about playing, basically gets about 12 minutes every 2nd game when the opposition are well beaten. Tight game against Hibs at the weekend stays on the bench. I think it will be even worse next season. He is just another Greg Stewart with a longer contract. It is not bulking up he needs as he is a fanny in his head and Heart and the gym won't cure that

184 mins for Wright so far from 12 matches which is an avg. of 15 mins per game. Only start is against Cove Rangers.

2 assists so far though.

5-8 matches left this season.

So far he looks on par with Glenn Middleton and so far looks less successful than Greg Stewart, Brandon Barker and Jordan Jones.

I think he'll do well to survive the whole of next season in the match day squad.

1 minute ago, Sheepo said:

Wright has plenty time to work in the gym, its not like he actually needs to worry about playing, basically gets about 12 minutes every 2nd game when the opposition are well beaten. Tight game against Hibs at the weekend stays on the bench. I think it will be even worse next season. He is just another Greg Stewart with a longer contract. It is not bulking up he needs as he is a fanny in his head and Heart and the gym won't cure that

Aye he's a younger player to have on the bench to replace the departing Stewart. 

1 hour ago, Sheeptastic said:

Had been told McInnes wasn’t even taking training most of the time and was just leaving it to Tony Doc.

Loved what he said in the interview. Looks really positive. 

Liked the fact there was a 15 minute interview on the youtube channel aswell so we could all see the whole thing. 

8 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Had been told McInnes wasn’t even taking training most of the time and was just leaving it to Tony Doc.

What was McInnes doing then? Ball deep in India?

Easy to pinpoint when he fecking gave up. The minute Cormack re-entered the scene. 

Even Marvin Bartley could see the players weren’t giving there all.

16 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Easy to pinpoint when he fecking gave up. The minute Cormack re-entered the scene. 

Fuck knows. Before he left it was obvious he just couldn’t be arsed anymore. Should have never been allowed to get to that stage in the first place.

7 hours ago, Lencarl said:

I am racking my brain to see what makes Glass think that he will make Aberdeen great again.

Is there something I am missing here.

It took the huns around £60 million investment to win the Premiership and compete in Europe.

How much investment in players will Aberdeen receive ?

Every new manager has his thoughts on how to have a team playing fantastic football but this needs the players capable of  doing it, and this means cash spent on quality players.

I wish Glass and his coaches well and hope it all works out as planned.

There's nothing in Glass' history that suggests he's going to hit the ground running, and the fact he's a great talker means absolutely sweet fuck all when it comes to managing a fitba team. 

His management history is patchy to poor at best, and I'm going to assume he was also a great talker when he managed Atlanta B and Atlanta. 

I'm not excited, because there's little to be excited about. He'd have been nowhere near the managers job if I was appointing a new boss, however. 

I am rooting for him though... I hope he smashes this shite, backwater, third rate league and wins a fucking ton for us. 

• Downvote 1
  • Dildo on Bonnet 9

4 hours ago, Tord31 said:

3 days training aye but it was his choice to give them Tuesday off so he obviously doesn't think the time with the players is absolutely critical.

I can see Hornby starting but beyond that am excited to be surprised by the 'immediate changes on the pitch' that he's promised.

Captain?

Formation?

Personnel?

He had an extra day until they pulled it forward for the funeral tomorrow..

Agreed though, genuinely excited to see the game tomorrow

Encouraging that training seems to have gone up to a level we would actually expect. Makes you wonder what has been going on as McInnes seemed to have the players really fit and motivate the first few years, we seemed to score a lot of late goals as we were still going when the opposition was tired. The last few years we’ve not seen any of that and so many injuries and players hinting at training being low intensity. Maybe he became jaded with it all like some of us.

Either way it’s a good start. I’ve not watched a single press conference or clip of Glass talking yet though. Keeping expectation low I think but hoping he can deliver.

7 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Encouraging that training seems to have gone up to a level we would actually expect. Makes you wonder what has been going on as McInnes seemed to have the players really fit and motivate the first few years, we seemed to score a lot of late goals as we were still going when the opposition was tired. The last few years we’ve not seen any of that and so many injuries and players hinting at training being low intensity. Maybe he became jaded with it all like some of us.

Either way it’s a good start. I’ve not watched a single press conference or clip of Glass talking yet though. Keeping expectation low I think but hoping he can deliver.

McInnes lost his mojo after we convinced him to stay when Sunderland came calling. I think deep down he probably felt he made the wrong decision and let his wallet rule his head. In a nice cushy number in Aberdeen, somewhat out of the spotlight. No real challenge for 2nd. All comes from the top down... if you have an apathetic Chairman who thinks 3rd, Europe and the odd cup every decade or so, is acceptable, that then transcends to the manager and then the players.

6 hours ago, Stoneybloke said:

He needs to start as he means to go on and that will involve some degree of change. It will be a risk, but if we just see a re-cycled McInnes style team, the bold talk won't be worth much. Things may not get better overnight, but at least having a go will give us some hope for the future.

Giving the captaincy to Considine will be a start.

Captain has to be Brown surely?

• Downvote 1
  • Solidarity 1

1 hour ago, Ke1t said:

There's nothing in Glass' history that suggests he's going to hit the ground running, and the fact he's a great talker means absolutely sweet fuck all when it comes to managing a fitba team. 

His management history is patchy to poor at best, and I'm going to assume he was also a great talker when he managed Atlanta B and Atlanta. 

I'm not excited, because there's little to be excited about. He'd have been nowhere near the managers job if I was appointing a new boss, however. 

I am rooting for him though... I hope he smashes this shite, backwater, third rate league and wins a fucking ton for us. 

You moaned for months about mcinnes and the style of football, jokingly suggested India Taylor would do a better job than Mcinnes and got your wish with his sacking.

Now you are on to the next manager with your pish before a ball has even been kicked under him? 

Wise up.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

He spent too long in india, didn’t know  if he was COMING or Going.  

• Haha 1
  • Dildo on Bonnet 2

On 4/15/2021 at 7:02 PM, slippers said:

He comes across really well in the media. I hope he walks the walk as he’s certainly raising expectations! Scottish media will be desperate to take him down! 

No, they won't 

Cringe 

• Downvote 2

26 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Captain has to be Brown surely?

I meant for tomorrow. Lewis has had his chance. Having a goalie as captain is an admission of failure.

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Stoneybloke said:

I meant for tomorrow. Lewis has had his chance. Having a goalie as captain is an admission of failure.

Yeah but if Brooner is to be captain next season then he’s not going to change the captaincy for the remaining 8 games, and then change it again come the summer.

Edited by sooth_stander

1 hour ago, Durrant Dived said:

You moaned for months about mcinnes and the style of football, jokingly suggested India Taylor would do a better job than Mcinnes and got your wish with his sacking.

Now you are on to the next manager with your pish before a ball has even been kicked under him? 

Wise up.

He was the one preaching about winning mentality and losers accepting mediocrity blah blah. He was banging on about Lee Richardson coming in as a motivational speaker as well. Glass apparently talks a good game, very positive and “not accepting mediocrity” yet this cunt is still angry/upset despite Glass pushing all the buttons he has been on about for god knows how long. 

Not only a shite talker with no credibility but definitely got a mail order bride.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ke1t said:

I don’t think just looking at his time with the Atlanta B and Interim first team boss is ideal for a direct comparison. The purpose he had in those roles appear to be different to what he’s setting out at Aberdeen.

He’ll need time, 2/3 days training this week will not be a magic wand to envisage tomorrow will be a major turnaround with fast flowing, creativity all over the pitch revolution.

He definitely won’t even be able to field his preferred side with McKenzie being cup-tied.

The one thing I’ll be looking for tomorrow is the players attitude. You better be sure they will need to show that in abundance with a determination to succeed under Glass, else they’ll have 1 game less to impress.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

* I don’t think just looking at his time with the Atlanta B and Interim first team boss is ideal for a direct comparison. The purpose he had in those roles appear to be different to what he’s setting out at Aberdeen.

** He’ll need time, 2/3 days training this week will not be a magic wand to envisage tomorrow will be a major turnaround with fast flowing, creativity all over the pitch revolution.

He definitely won’t even be able to field his preferred side with McKenzie being cup-tied.

The one thing I’ll be looking for tomorrow is the players attitude. You better be sure they will need to show that in abundance with a determination to succeed under Glass, else they’ll have 1 game less to impress.

* Then removing his experience with the Atlanta sides means he's coming into the job with absolutely no experience whatsoever, so if that's supposed to be an argument in support of Glass' appointment, it actually has exactly the opposite effect. It renders him even less qualified to be Aberdeen manager. 

** Here's the thing... you don't have to be much of a manager to succeed, or at least not fail, in the Scottish game. You don't even have to be particularly bright. Obvious imbeciles like Yogi and Lennon do just fine, even though they'd clearly be more at home swinging in the trees. This is why I have any optimism at all.  Glass is clearly intelligent, even though he's not a particularly good football manager. That intelligence might well mitigate his lack of ability, particularly in a shit league like the SPFL.  That's what I'm pinning my hopes on, plus the prospect of the club spending money to support him... so long as it's money we can afford to spend. 

A large number of Aberdeen fans are obviously swayed by the fact that he doesn't speak like he spends his spare time licking windows... and that's fine. I can see how people who lack critical thinking skills (the majority of people) would be easily swayed by someone who doesn't pronounce 'situation' as 'shit-yee-ayshun', or 'obviously' as 'oab-vee-ushlay'... linguistically it's a breath of fresh air... 

Dreadful appointment, but that's not to say he can't be a success. 

Feel free to slap a dildo on this post 👍

Edited by Ke1t
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Dildo on Bonnet 5

On 4/15/2021 at 7:27 PM, Hoofball said:

All he said in the interview was he’s a Celtic player and he wouldn’t talk about him as it’s disrespectful to both Celtic and Griffiths. Does that mean he’s not interested I wouldn’t say so

Could be he’s waiting for griffiths to be released and keeping an ace up his sleeve, and being a gentleman, before going for griffiths.