Welcome back Stephen Glass

Just now, Stoneybloke said:

You mean he's going to throw in more of the young lads? It might not be a pretty sight. He hasn't exactly got a plethora of options.

He doesn't have much choice I don't think. 

Taylor might come back in. Maybe Hornby but since he didn't even get on the park at 3 nil down that's doubtful. 

I'd give some more of the young lads a free hit.  I know some folk are worried about their confidence getting a knock if we get thumped but they deserve an opportunity to show if they can do better than the senior players. They can't do much worse then yesterday and you can't send a message that guys can be completely shite and stay in the team. 

4 minutes ago, Stoneybloke said:

You mean he's going to throw in more of the young lads? It might not be a pretty sight. He hasn't exactly got a plethora of options.

Ruth 

Virtenen

Ross 

McKenzie

Ramsey

Duncan

Fuck it, we might get pumped but if rather that than folk who won't be here next season.  Nothing to play for anyway. Livi have little chance of catching us and we have zero chance of catching Hibs 

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

He doesn't have much choice I don't think. 

Taylor might come back in. Maybe Hornby but since he didn't even get on the park at 3 nil down that's doubtful. 

I'd give some more of the young lads a free hit.  I know some folk are worried about their confidence getting a knock if we get thumped but they deserve an opportunity to show if they can do better than the senior players. They can't do much worse then yesterday and you can't send a message that guys can be completely shite and stay in the team. 

Yes, very true.

5 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Any idea if Devlin is fit enough to get a game and see how he’s getting on? Hoban must be dropped ( can’t believe the drop in his performances I was shouting for him to be captain too?‍♂️) he certainly ain’t getting a new contract from us, will need to wait for dels next gig for that 

We should probably try McRorie again at centre back before the season end. See how he plays there with Ramsay at right back. 

6 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Any idea if Devlin is fit enough to get a game and see how he’s getting on? Hoban must be dropped ( can’t believe the drop in his performances I was shouting for him to be captain too?‍♂️) he certainly ain’t getting a new contract from us, will need to wait for dels next gig for that 

Think he's still serving his 40 match ban for having a pint in Soul in August

57 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Ruth 

Virtenen

Ross 

McKenzie

Ramsey

Duncan

Fuck it, we might get pumped but if rather that than folk who won't be here next season.  Nothing to play for anyway. Livi have little chance of catching us and we have zero chance of catching Hibs 

Aye get them in, cannot do any worse than the shite currently playing. Send the 3 loanees back to there club as all 3 are pish and if Mcginn isn't getting a new deal which I hope he isn't leave him out also. I would even play McCrorie at centre half and leave Hoban and Taylor out also for the last 3 games. What have we got to lose

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

Ruth 

Virtenen

Ross 

McKenzie

Ramsey

Duncan

Agreed...

That glove wearing serpent, Kamberi should be send back to where he came from now. Don’t ever want to see him in a Dons shirt again. Disgrace to the jersey and himself.

what message would that send out to the young loons if he plays..it’s ok to make no effort. I hope Glass recognises this.

The only criticism I have of Glass yesterday is him playing a system that probably doesn't suit the personnel at his disposal. But seeing as he probably feels that it worked in games previous then that'll have given him confidence to continue playing that way. 

If he has a specific way of playing in mind then it's not going to work with this squad.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

The only criticism I have of Glass yesterday is him playing a system that probably doesn't suit the personnel at his disposal. But seeing as he probably feels that it worked in games previous then that'll have given him confidence to continue playing that way. 

If he has a specific way of playing in mind then it's not going to work with this squad.

It's the fact he never changed it when it clearly wasn't working that bothers me.  Like for like subs when the game was all but lost another big negative

Have faith in Glassy lads, once he weeds out Dereks cowards and Broonzer walks through the door, we'll be right as rain. 

Standards will rise, and some will match, some will fall below, though. 

Trust the process, this is only the beginning. 

1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Obviously can't be too harsh on Glass but it is a bit worrying.

Glass inherited a team in 4th who have qualified for Europe 7 seasons in a row and drew Dundee United in the cup. They've rocked up to Pittodrie and beat us 3-0 (could have been a lot more) with Calum Butcher in midfield

If you want to spin it like that, Glass inherited a team that couldn’t score a goal for a record length of time, had been pumped out the league cup by St Mirren and look like they don’t give a fuck. There’s really little point judging him at the moment.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
13 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Yeah, you can see what he wants to do, but the players aren’t good enough to do it. Up to him to get the best from his players

The only thing I’m looking out for just now, until he gets his own team in place, is his use of substitutions.

It’s a wee bit concerning that just about all his subs have been like-for-like.

No change to two up, or any noticeable change in formation. 

I get that managers have a preferred formation (or “structure” as he likes to call it), but a bit of flexibility is allowed if a game isn’t going to plan.

I won’t be starting to judge him properly though until late July onwards when the new season starts. 

2 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Considine can’t play again next weekend surely? He was the worst out of the lot. Abysmal. 

Leggy from the start yesterday. 

Needs a rest. But then so does Hoban. 

Problem is we have no one fit yet to give them a rest. 

Ideally you could give Taylor and McCrorie a game at centre back when available. 

2 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Considine can’t play again next weekend surely? He was the worst out of the lot. Abysmal. 

If Taylor isn't fit/available then I can't see who he'd replace Considine with.  

This McInnes squad really is a mess. Not all his fault though,  the injuries to Devlin, Hedges and Taylor (if he actually is injured) hasn't helped, and having to sell Cosgrove, McKenna and Wright.

However the re-signings of McGinn, Hayes, Taylor and Leigh then the signing Ojo and McGeough. Not to mention replacing Watkings and Cosgrove with an unfit Hornby and an untested Hendry (who I think has done ok tbf) in January wasn't great. 

12 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

If Taylor isn't fit/available then I can't see who he'd replace Considine with.  

This McInnes squad really is a mess. Not all his fault though,  the injuries to Devlin, Hedges and Taylor (if he actually is injured) hasn't helped, and having to sell Cosgrove, McKenna and Wright.

However the re-signings of McGinn, Hayes, Taylor and Leigh then the signing Ojo and McGeough. Not to mention replacing Watkings and Cosgrove with an unfit Hornby and an untested Hendry (who I think has done ok tbf) in January wasn't great. 

Fucking Leigh.

Amazing how many players you forget are here.