Welcome back Stephen Glass

13 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

If Taylor isn't fit/available then I can't see who he'd replace Considine with.  

This McInnes squad really is a mess. Not all his fault though,  the injuries to Devlin, Hedges and Taylor (if he actually is injured) hasn't helped, and having to sell Cosgrove, McKenna and Wright.

However the re-signings of McGinn, Hayes, Taylor and Leigh then the signing Ojo and McGeough. Not to mention replacing Watkings and Cosgrove with an unfit Hornby and an untested Hendry (who I think has done ok tbf) in January wasn't great. 

Hendry? Even a half decent striker puts those two early chances away yesterday, and we’re thereafter on easy street.

He’s nowhere near good enough for us.

6 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

Our biggest miss has been Hedges.

He is the only player able to drive forward and actually beat a man.

correct, only footballer at the club (just about), and someone who would improve further with better players around him. 

25 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Fucking Leigh.

Amazing how many players you forget are here.

No idea why we resigned him in the first place.

Even more baffling to extend his deal in Jan when we were saying how tight we were for cash. Made even worse as he got injured the game after his new contract did he not?

52 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

Well he hasn't....due to injury of late.  Just asked if he was fit that's all.  Hoban is rank that's been clear for months now. So hopefully he won't be offered a deal

He was pretty poor before he was injured over and over. He'll be away - because he's injured all the time, and not very good

I would like to think Glass, Brown and Russell had a fair idea of who they wanted to keep and the players they wanted to recruit a few weeks ago.  Hopefully a lot going on behind the scenes to secure their targets.  May take a few months to get deals done for some of the players they want but hopefully once we have officially secured 4th then we will announce a couple of pre-contracts.  

6 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Hopefully we can get a couple more like him in to play behind a decent striker.

Completely forgot we had re-signed Leigh. What an awful signing. He was decent enough first time he was here as well.

Was he though? Towed a caravan for most of the uninjured time he’s been here.

Ticked the ethnic box but that’s about it. Left backs like him are ten a penny but unfortunately our scouting network ends in Dover, despite Leigh being signed from Holland.

1 minute ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

He only played half that season. We've basically had him 2 seasons and got about 4 months out of him

Horrendous when you put it like that.

Devlin even worse. McGeouch heading the same way.

Would like to know how thorough we are with players medical tests before we sign them. Not very by the look of things.

Just now, Andy_123 said:

Horrendous when you put it like that.

Devlin even worse. McGeouch heading the same way.

Would like to know how thorough we are with players medical tests before we sign them. Not very by the look of things.

McGeouch should be binned as well. Muscles like guitar strings. No way would he be able to cope with Glass’ apparently higher tempo approach.

Him and Kennedy should be out the door, as financially mutually beneficially as possible.

Just now, sooth_stander said:

Was he though? Towed a caravan for most of the uninjured time he’s been here.

Ticked the ethnic box but that’s about it. Left backs like him are ten a penny but unfortunately our scouting network ends in Dover, despite Leigh being signed from Holland.

I’m not saying he was a world beater, but he was solid enough during his first spell here when he played.

Didn't mean I was desperate to see him back though. 

4 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

I’m not saying he was a world beater, but he was solid enough during his first spell here when he played.

Didn't mean I was desperate to see him back though. 

It's clear you are a massive racist and are mixing him up with both Max Lowe and Ferne Snoyl at left back.

Leigh was pish apart from one run and cross against Hearts. Also played well in midfield against Motherwell which sadly resulted in him getting more games there, of which he was shite in them all.

5 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

McGeouch should be binned as well. Muscles like guitar strings. No way would he be able to cope with Glass’ apparently higher tempo approach.

Him and Kennedy should be out the door, as financially mutually beneficially as possible.

Why would they accept anything less than 100% of what we are due them. Neither of them are ever going to earn close to what we are paying them ever again. McGeouch might have a chance of a contract somewhere like Motherwell if he can somehow get himself through the initial medical (but with clubs having lost so much income over the past 18 months or so they might well view him as too much of a risk when they look at his constant stream of injuries practically for the whole of his career).

Kennedy is looking at somewhere like Partick when he leaves us.

• Dildo 1
25 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

I would like to think Glass, Brown and Russell had a fair idea of who they wanted to keep and the players they wanted to recruit a few weeks ago.  Hopefully a lot going on behind the scenes to secure their targets.  May take a few months to get deals done for some of the players they want but hopefully once we have officially secured 4th then we will announce a couple of pre-contracts.  

These last few games will also show him who is willing to change and work harder. I think we will see a lot of players moved on and rightly so.

St Johnstone have shown this season that proper organisation and hard work are what you need. This team seem to completely lack both, summed up by the goals on Sunday especially the second.

• Downvote 1
40 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

No idea why we resigned him in the first place.

Even more baffling to extend his deal in Jan when we were saying how tight we were for cash. Made even worse as he got injured the game after his new contract did he not?

It was a ridiculous decision 

Both times but especially in January. 

26 minutes ago, RUL said:

Tough gig for glass. We were absolutely appalling yesterday. Players looked fucked.

Can see everyone pressing us high now. We clearly can't cope with it. 

It's not a new phenomenon. Teams figured out well before Xmas that if they pressed us we'd crumble.

The problem we have is that the press starts when our midfielders are in possession. And there won't be very many of them, if any at all, leaving. So we are going to have to come up with a new style of play that negates the press but utilising exactly the same players who cannot currently cope with it. Here's hoping that they are able to do so

I wouldn't shed any tears if 9 of our starting line up never played for Aberdeen again.

Gary Woods is exempt from any blame for yesterday's pitiful surrender and saved us from a right hiding, along with Calvin Ramsay. Whilst young Ramsay will have better games, he received no help whatsoever from those around him but he stuck to his task whilst others hid.

The amount of dross we have representing us and our club is shameful. 

A complete overhaul of the squad and our recruitment policy is so badly required, and I'm not accepting that have been living through an alleged pandemic over the past year as an excuse to prevent this from being achieved. 

I’ve now had nearly 24 hrs from the capitulation, 

I didn’t think it would end as badly as this or I bet DC or he would have had his man in for January and a couple of transfers for defence I recall the dunfermline capt being mentioned 

it has been an exceptionally poor last 6 weeks or so but still not the dross from watching them under Paterson or at times Skodal but at least he gave us a laugh 

27 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

it has been an exceptionally poor last 6 weeks or so but still not the dross from watching them under Paterson or at times Skodal but at least he gave us a laugh 

6 weeks? 

I'd say it's been poor since Considine scored that winner at Celtic Park. But there were even signs that season that things were heading downwards. Style of play has been absolutely bogging. 

We were at least still fairly competitive during 2018/2019 if a bit boring.

Since 19/20 we have been the criminal combination of both shite and boring.

37 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I wouldn't shed any tears if 9 of our starting line up never played for Aberdeen again.

Gary Woods is exempt from any blame for yesterday's pitiful surrender and saved us from a right hiding, along with Calvin Ramsay. Whilst young Ramsay will have better games, he received no help whatsoever from those around him but he stuck to his task whilst others hid.

The amount of dross we have representing us and our club is shameful. 

A complete overhaul of the squad and our recruitment policy is so badly required, and I'm not accepting that have been living through an alleged pandemic over the past year as an excuse to prevent this from being achieved. 

Agree with this.  Ramsay I like the look of, positive going forward, tried to take responsibility coming back.  At the first goal; it's a big risk when playing out from the back that you push your FBs high and then lose the ball as we did (I wonder if on another day we'd get a free kick for the shove on Kamberi, but it's not enough to get hung up on); but at the very least Ramsay dropped and yet Jonny Hayes was away for a hot dog leaving Considine* quite exposed for McNulty a free shot. *Considine did get sucked in a bit too much but difficult to get those margins just spot on with the pace of Utd's counter.

I thought Gary Woods' kicking was decent, he also made a pretty good save in the first half.  A very good no2 to have, he's played alot of games in this league before so that's not much of a surprise.

Kamberi can play, but his languid style is a bit against the grain of what we're needing to see from this squad, which is a bit of blood & thunder, and yet at the same time we need that guile.

Pains me to say this because I've loved his time at Aberdeen but McGinn is done, a shadow of himself.  Hayes as well will hopefully only be a bit-part next season.  Delighted Consi got his Scotland caps but he's just about done too. Hoban looked like a bag of nerves, Ferguson looked like he had the weight of the whole team on him, Campbell started the game OK but eventually struggled with Utd's intensity, Kennedy I just can't figure out if he's the problem or if it's the lack of movement from poor centre-forwards that's showing him up.  Hendry just is nowhere near good enough for this level.

The playing out from the back was easy on the eye in the first 10-15 but the danger is that it all gets predictable, as it evidently became. You've got to be able to mix it up; too many times we chose to go for the 5th consecutive 5 yard pass when there was a 25-yard switch on to an unmarked wide player; we didn't get their defenders turning, we played the game in front of them the whole game and I just don't think our players currently are clever/experienced enough to play this way.  If you show you're mixing it up, you mess with the opposition's decision-making on how hard they go at the press, you move them about.  Glass will know all of this and yet he will now know that his current playing staff don't have the wherewithal to carry that out, so I suspect alot of these guys won't be in a regular starting XI next year if they can't grasp this in the next 3 games.

41 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

I’ve now had nearly 24 hrs from the capitulation, 

I didn’t think it would end as badly as this or I bet DC or he would have had his man in for January and a couple of transfers for defence I recall the dunfermline capt being mentioned 

The Dumbarton game was shite, but we did well against St Johnstone considering how well they are playing, and showed good resolve against Livingstone, which we've not shown this year. The Celtic game was a much improved performance as well. 

I'm hoping that the United game was really more about us being tired and unfit. We didn't look anywhere near as on it as we were against Celtic. 

2 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

It's clear you are a massive racist and are mixing him up with both Max Lowe and Ferne Snoyl at left back.

Leigh was pish apart from one run and cross against Hearts. Also played well in midfield against Motherwell which sadly resulted in him getting more games there, of which he was shite in them all.

Aye, certainly can't mix up up with Richie Byrne who was the worst of the lot.

Gargantuan, maladroit blunderer.

15 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

Agree with this.  Ramsay I like the look of, positive going forward, tried to take responsibility coming back.  At the first goal; it's a big risk when playing out from the back that you push your FBs high and then lose the ball as we did (I wonder if on another day we'd get a free kick for the shove on Kamberi, but it's not enough to get hung up on); but at the very least Ramsay dropped and yet Jonny Hayes was away for a hot dog leaving Considine* quite exposed for McNulty a free shot. *Considine did get sucked in a bit too much but difficult to get those margins just spot on with the pace of Utd's counter.

I thought Gary Woods' kicking was decent, he also made a pretty good save in the first half.  A very good no2 to have, he's played alot of games in this league before so that's not much of a surprise.

Kamberi can play, but his languid style is a bit against the grain of what we're needing to see from this squad, which is a bit of blood & thunder, and yet at the same time we need that guile.

Pains me to say this because I've loved his time at Aberdeen but McGinn is done, a shadow of himself.  Hayes as well will hopefully only be a bit-part next season.  Delighted Consi got his Scotland caps but he's just about done too. Hoban looked like a bag of nerves, Ferguson looked like he had the weight of the whole team on him, Campbell started the game OK but eventually struggled with Utd's intensity, Kennedy I just can't figure out if he's the problem or if it's the lack of movement from poor centre-forwards that's showing him up.  Hendry just is nowhere near good enough for this level.

The playing out from the back was easy on the eye in the first 10-15 but the danger is that it all gets predictable, as it evidently became. You've got to be able to mix it up; too many times we chose to go for the 5th consecutive 5 yard pass when there was a 25-yard switch on to an unmarked wide player; we didn't get their defenders turning, we played the game in front of them the whole game and I just don't think our players currently are clever/experienced enough to play this way.  If you show you're mixing it up, you mess with the opposition's decision-making on how hard they go at the press, you move them about.  Glass will know all of this and yet he will now know that his current playing staff don't have the wherewithal to carry that out, so I suspect alot of these guys won't be in a regular starting XI next year if they can't grasp this in the next 3 games.

Good summary 

albeit a bloody depressing one. Ken Loach-esque