Welcome back Stephen Glass

15 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Not exactly like for like are they? 

No...and I'm pretty sure there is more than just that pair. 

'We can't get Griffiths.'

'oh, ok. That means we can only sign big callum then, doesn't it.'

'apparently so. No other strikers out there apparently.'

?

48 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Gallagher will be a good addition, as for the Striker: Griffiths would be good if he leaves sellick, if not, if will be Hendry possibly supplemented by some loanee dud from Atlanta.

I think we would be favourites to take Griffiths over Hibs, if it came to that.

I agree with the sentiment that Atlanta is likely not a goldmine of talent waiting to be discovered via loans.

I think MLS is generally a similar standard to our league. I don't think we can turn our noses up at it anyway...

But I do get the impression Atlanta are not one of the better teams at the moment. Be great to get a game against them..... just for a ridiculous away day

54 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Gallagher will be a good addition, as for the Striker: Griffiths would be good if he leaves sellick, if not, if will be Hendry possibly supplemented by some loanee dud from Atlanta.

I agree with the sentiment that Atlanta is likely not a goldmine of talent waiting to be discovered via loans.

Absolutely no chance we're going with that as our main striking options next year ?

1 hour ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

I don't

He's a Hibs fanatic and even if we were to offer £500-£1k/week more in wages, I'm not sure he'd uproot himself from his current base (from where he could choose to commute easily to Edinburgh if he wanted.......he would have to move up north by joining us causing him extra expense and hassle......for maybe only a 2-3 year contract max). 

And if Hibs win the SC, he'd be getting group stage Europa Conference football guaranteed at worst

1 minute ago, Big Hat Logan said:

So this is how AFC do business now? We get players to verbally agree to join us in the summer without signing anything and hope they stick to their word?

Astonishing.

I never claimed it's what we'd done. I merely pointing out that your claim we'd have to have "tapped up" him was erroneous. 

22 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

So this is how AFC do business now? We get players to verbally agree to join us in the summer without signing anything and hope they stick to their word?

Astonishing.

Now?  LOL teams, including ourselves have been at it for years and years.

38 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Astonishing.

Were you around when our management team was in the papers the same day the previous manager left? 

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

Aye, if he’s not good enough to be playing for them then we don’t want him.

Where has he said about loans from Atlanta? I’ve not seen that.

predictable but shite if true.

Bear in mind their regulars in their team include the likes of Emerson Hyndman & Jake Mulraney. 
Safe to assume the players we loaned would be inferior to them then.

a big fuck that to that 

9 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Where has he said about loans from Atlanta? I’ve not seen that.

predictable but shite if true.

Bear in mind their regulars in their team include the likes of Emerson Hyndman & Jake Mulraney. 
Safe to assume the players we loaned would be inferior to them then.

a big fuck that to that 

Reading between the lines from Cormack's recent interviews I'd guess there might be a wee loan exchange policy in the making . He mentioned that McKenzie was due to go over there on loan pre covid. 

Might be other youngsters going either way for experience, work permit permitting. 

I'd rather we didn't though, best to develop our own young players in our own team. 

1 hour ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Astonishing.

How do you know he hasn't signed a pre-contract but just isn't making the details public for the time being?

1 hour ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Astonishing.

?  really?

This is how the majority of transfers for out of contract players at our level are done.