Welcome back Stephen Glass

1 hour ago, Stoneybloke said:

One thing I'm surprised about is there was no player exodus to balance the numbers coming in during the recent window. I would have expected at least a few to go out on loan. Cormack seems to have given Glass the benefit of letting him have more or less all his own players. How he fits them all together will be quite a challenge. Difficult to see a stable team formation emerging soon. Looks like there will be a lot of fringe players who get very little game time.

We need clubs to want our fringe players and we need those fringe players to be happy to move.

3 minutes ago, Redmist1903 said:

No he wanted GMS, Eamonn Brophy and some other non scoring 'strikers' no doubt.

I shouldn't rise but these criticisms are so bizarre and easy to counter

How many Aberdeen strikers can you name to hit over 20 goals in the last 25 years or so? Because between 14/15 and 19/20 I think we had one every single season. Both signed by McInnes. 

Name one other than Rooney or Cosgrove? All I can think of is McGinn under Craig Brown

1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I shouldn't rise but these criticisms are so bizarre and easy to counter

How many Aberdeen strikers can you name to hit over 20 goals in the last 25 years or so? Because between 14/15 and 19/20 I think we had one every single season. Both signed by McInnes. 

Name one other than Rooney or Cosgrove? All I can think of is McGinn under Craig Brown

No we didn't,  16/17 and 17/18 were both seasons where the topscorer was under 20goals

47 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Quick gander. 16/17, Rooney 20 goals, McGinn 14 goals, Hayes 11 goals. 

Here's to Mr Glass' flamboyant Dandies being much better

Ah, I'd missed off the Europa League goals. Rooney only had 12 in the league that year

Other than winning the league cup, that was probably seen as the peak period for McInnes

3 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Ah, I'd missed off the Europa League goals. Rooney only had 12 in the league that year

Other than winning the league cup, that was probably seen as the peak period for McInnes

Probably right to discard the Europa goals considering they were against the likes of Dauvaga Riga (?) and Ventspils. 

39 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Aye is that 0 caps Malcolm and 2 caps Kenneth

We probably had Dailly and Weir around then. They would dramatically improve Scotland. Weir's probably the last decent centre back Scotland have had

Aye, my mistake. Bigoted Bob was Scotland “B”.

The other two Dundee Utd carthorses are far worse than the current batch. 
Kenneth & Wilkie - FFS - wouldn’t have them playing for Banks O’ Dee 

44 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye, my mistake. Bigoted Bob was Scotland “B”.

The other two Dundee Utd carthorses are far worse than the current batch. 
Kenneth & Wilkie - FFS - wouldn’t have them playing for Banks O’ Dee 

Kenneth for sure. Absolutely hopeless. Surely Levein was having a laugh with that

Wilkie... dont know. There was a time before his injuries he was half decent and even had some good Scotland performances. I reckon if he was in that form he'd probably be getting caps just now... depressing as it is

1 hour ago, dazzy_deff said:

Bad times that Dailly now would probably be our best player.

Would love to have Dailly in that side. Absolutely bust a nut for the cause.... hated it when he signed for the huns. Didn't look right at all

8 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Worse than Bob Malcolm, Lee Willie & Garry Kenneth? 

I repeat. Talking shite. 

Who else were Scotland internationals at that time? Or are you trying to say there were no others available better than that during their time.

YOU are the one talking shite on this but are desperately researching (& failing) to back it up

Oh & it’s Wilkie who got 11 caps from Vogts

gary Kenneth played twice for Scotland & Bob Malcolm NEVER played for anything more than B international NO Scotland caps

?