Jump to content
Frank Grimes

Welcome back Stephen Glass

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, redcryptoknight said:

Not seen Bates play yet.

If I were Aberdeen manager I would know what parameters had been set in terms of how many players I was allowed to sign and what my budget was. Since I am not Aberdeen manager I don't know any of those things. 

It could be that I'm not happy, but that Cormack had told me I didn't have the budget to bring in more players.

It could be that I'm not happy but we didn't manage to secure the players I wanted and that they didn't want to come.

It could be that bringing in some of the people I wanted was contingent on moving some players out.

It could be that I thought we had exactly the right personnel in place.

I really don't know. Do you?
 

Ah ok, so Glass was under orders to sign 100 midfielders & treat central defence as an inconvenience & just sign shite no cunt else wanted.

Gutted we missed out on his main target for CH in Clark fkn Robertson 🤣

 

I asked for a neutral point of view but your post REEKS of fkn making excuses for Glass all based on speculative shite in what seems like desperation to find said excuses but done so quite arrogantly in some sort of arm folded huffy way 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Woolenrouge said:

Played 12, clean sheets 1.

Several reasons for this…

1) Lewis is incapable of organising a defence and is letting in goals (and sometimes directly gifting goals) that he didn’t a few seasons back

 

2) our full backs are our only means of attack so they’re often way up the park and we get caught out with a big diagonal punt or ball into the channel

 

3) our midfielders, despite all being fairly defensively minded and constantly sitting right in front of the defence when we have the ball, seem to be providing very inadequate help to the defence when we don’t have the ball.

 

4) McCrorie is too erratic to play central defence - he dives in and is over enthusiastic and has very little positional sense. We’re caught out time and time again when long balls are played up in his direction

 

5) Gallagher is not as good as he thinks he is, or as Glass thinks he is. He was supposed to organise and shore things up at the back but from what I’ve seen he’s lacklustre and slow

 

6) we’re trying to play out from the back with a goalkeeper who’s useless at kicking

 

7) our passing is too slow and any balls forward are inaccurate, so although we have lots of possession it goes nowhere and allows the opponents to regroup


theres 7 reasons for starters…

 

Should add… it’s particularly worrying we’ve only 1 clean sheet considering we’ve not even played against the “better” teams yet

 

 

 

Edited by Don_Corleone

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Several reasons for this…

1) Lewis is incapable of organising a defence and is letting in goals (and sometimes directly gifting goals) that he didn’t a few seasons back

 

2) our full backs are our only means of attack so they’re often way up the park and we get caught out with a big diagonal punt or ball into the channel

 

3) our midfielders, despite all being fairly defensively minded and constantly sitting right in front of the defence when we have the ball, seem to be providing very inadequate help to the defence when we don’t have the ball.

 

4) McCrorie is too erratic to play central defence - he dives in and is over enthusiastic and has very little positional sense. We’re caught out time and time again when long balls are played up in his direction

 

5) Gallagher is not as good as he thinks he is, or as Glass thinks he is. He was supposed to organise and shore things up at the back but from what I’ve seen he’s lacklustre and slow

 

6) we’re trying to play out from the back with a goalkeeper who’s useless at kicking

 

7) our passing is too slow and any balls forward are inaccurate, so although we have lots of possession it goes nowhere and allows the opponents to regroup


theres 7 reasons for starters…

 

Should add… it’s particularly worrying we’ve only 1 clean sheet considering we’ve not even played against the “better” teams yet

 

 

 



Our CHs have just played SO bad. 
 

You can fairly critiqe Glass; however, the players are equally to blame. Defending a cross or a long ball is not the Managers fault.

Now if he continues to play McCorie over Bates, then that’s the managers fault. But even then… our other CH has been abysmal.

Share this post


Link to post

Russell for all his achievements with the Englanders, canna seem to get oor lot to hit a barn door.🤔

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, South Stand Seagull said:



Our CHs have just played SO bad. 
 

You can fairly critiqe Glass; however, the players are equally to blame. Defending a cross or a long ball is not the Managers fault.

Now if he continues to play McCorie over Bates, then that’s the managers fault. But even then… our other CH has been abysmal.

Yes you can blame glass and/or the management involved in signings. 

Devlin was resigned when we all knew we wouldnt be able to play. 

Gallagher was signed, so if he's not up to it, that is a failure to assess. 

Before Considines injury all the fans we pointing out that we needed more central defenders. It was fucking obvious. As we all knew that injuries are part and parcel of football. 

People have been saying for ages that McCrorie isn't good enough, and before yesterday we had no option (due to the managements decision to enter the season with fuck all centre backs), but even yesterday he had Bates and stuck with McCrorie. 

A catalogue of amateur decisions that even us fans can see a mile off.  And that's just central defence!!! 

Glass is not up to it. 

Edited by Ernie McCracken

Share this post


Link to post

It would just be fine if Glass played guys where they are supposed to be. 
 

mccrorie needs to be dropped cause he’s not a centre back and there’s a stupid amount of similar players for midfield. 
 

ojo has proved that actually he can play football…. But he’s not a fucking winger. Get him dropped and play hayes or mcginn

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

It would just be fine if Glass played guys where they are supposed to be. 
 

mccrorie needs to be dropped cause he’s not a centre back and there’s a stupid amount of similar players for midfield. 
 

ojo has proved that actually he can play football…. But he’s not a fucking winger. Get him dropped and play hayes or mcginn

Has he though? 

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Has he though? 

Well he looks just as competent as the others….. which is massively unimpressive. 
 

squad is far too big. So many players of the same ability. You would think of a guy like Dylan mcgeouch can’t get on the bench then we must have some right good midfielders. But they are no better

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Well he looks just as competent as the others….. which is massively unimpressive. 
 

squad is far too big. So many players of the same ability. You would think of a guy like Dylan mcgeouch can’t get on the bench then we must have some right good midfielders. But they are no better

So no then 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

It would just be fine if Glass played guys where they are supposed to be. 
 

mccrorie needs to be dropped cause he’s not a centre back and there’s a stupid amount of similar players for midfield. 
 

ojo has proved that actually he can play football…. But he’s not a fucking winger. Get him dropped and play hayes or mcginn

McGinn is not a winger. 
He should’ve been released, along with a few others, in the summer. 

Share this post


Link to post

Haven't really read these pages but Glass will be, at least, given the season. And I think he should. 

The worrying thing is the more things change, the more they appear to stay the same... 

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, alscotoz said:

Haven't really read these pages but Glass will be, at least, given the season. And I think he should. 

The worrying thing is the more things change, the more they appear to stay the same... 

Probably right.

Obviously dependent on how things go though.

If for example we don’t have a good Scottish Cup & have an early exit & are struggling to be in the top 6 after the January window, will he see out the season? 
Not so sure.

It’s kind of going the way I expected it to 

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Probably right.

Obviously dependent on how things go though.

If for example we don’t have a good Scottish Cup & have an early exit & are struggling to be in the top 6 after the January window, will he see out the season? 
Not so sure.

It’s kind of going the way I expected it to 

If we draw a similar type team to Raith.......or even a bottom end SPL club and we get papped out then surely questions would need to be asked. Of course the way things are going right now, there's no clear evidence to say that we won't be a bottom end SPL club ourselves by the time the SC draw comes around.  Which would need more questions asking.

I suspect Glass himself might have a bit more integrity than McInnes and if he sees things aren't working, he might use his close relationship with Cormack to engineer a nice pay off under a "mutual consent" agreement. Of course I hope he turns things round and it doesn't come to this but things right now don't point to this happening.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Several reasons for this…

1) Lewis is incapable of organising a defence and is letting in goals (and sometimes directly gifting goals) that he didn’t a few seasons back

 

2) our full backs are our only means of attack so they’re often way up the park and we get caught out with a big diagonal punt or ball into the channel

 

3) our midfielders, despite all being fairly defensively minded and constantly sitting right in front of the defence when we have the ball, seem to be providing very inadequate help to the defence when we don’t have the ball.

 

4) McCrorie is too erratic to play central defence - he dives in and is over enthusiastic and has very little positional sense. We’re caught out time and time again when long balls are played up in his direction

 

5) Gallagher is not as good as he thinks he is, or as Glass thinks he is. He was supposed to organise and shore things up at the back but from what I’ve seen he’s lacklustre and slow

 

6) we’re trying to play out from the back with a goalkeeper who’s useless at kicking

 

7) our passing is too slow and any balls forward are inaccurate, so although we have lots of possession it goes nowhere and allows the opponents to regroup


theres 7 reasons for starters…

 

Should add… it’s particularly worrying we’ve only 1 clean sheet considering we’ve not even played against the “better” teams yet

 

 

 

At least we are seeing goals.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

McGinn is not a winger. 
He should’ve been released, along with a few others, in the summer. 

Agreed he looks finished.

What's happening with Matty Kennedy?

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

Agreed he looks finished.

What's happening with Matty Kennedy?

Not making the 18 & taking up a valuable wage.

We’d save ourselves a fortune by not having him, McGinn, Devlin & McGeouch on the wage bill, and not one of them would be missed. 

They’ll be draining about £500k a year out the club. 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, South Stand Seagull said:



Our CHs have just played SO bad. 
 

You can fairly critiqe Glass; however, the players are equally to blame. Defending a cross or a long ball is not the Managers fault.

Now if he continues to play McCorie over Bates, then that’s the managers fault. But even then… our other CH has been abysmal.

It's his fault if he a) bought those defenders and 2) persists with them

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, alscotoz said:

Haven't really read these pages but Glass will be, at least, given the season. And I think he should. 

The worrying thing is the more things change, the more they appear to stay the same... 

Nothing is the same

Mcinnes was hung out to dry in his last 6 months

What he delivered,  2nd/3rd mostly or 4th is lightyears ahead of what glass looks capable of

 

Share this post


Link to post

Needs some time to show if he can get a balanced side out of the squad. We've got ten new players so some time is justified. 

But managers only get 'at least three transfer windows' if they show signs that things are going to work out in a positive way so he needs to get it sorted fairly quickly, at least some of the basics which we seem incapable of carrying out presently. 

No one gets time if the results fall off a cliff.  Not saying they will but he needs to be careful 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, South Stand Seagull said:



Our CHs have just played SO bad. 
 

You can fairly critiqe Glass; however, the players are equally to blame. Defending a cross or a long ball is not the Managers fault.

Now if he continues to play McCorie over Bates, then that’s the managers fault. But even then… our other CH has been abysmal.

That might be valid if that area hasn’t been a concern for a long time and his belief that McRorie was a CH despite lots of evidence in his past that he just isn’t. Our central defence is awful, as bad as I’ve seen, the buck has to stop at a level higher than the players. Step up Mr Colgate and Mr Glass. 

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Millertime said:

 

Mcinnes was hung out to dry in his last 6 months

 

 

What a crock of shit.

McInnes was sufficiently marked but lots his desire, appetite and hunger to succeed.

He had no plan B and if rumours are true, spent less time with the players to work on things.

I was a McInnes supporter, defended him on his record, but that last 6 month was abysmal. He had to go

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Several reasons for this…

1) Lewis is incapable of organising a defence and is letting in goals (and sometimes directly gifting goals) that he didn’t a few seasons back

 

2) our full backs are our only means of attack so they’re often way up the park and we get caught out with a big diagonal punt or ball into the channel

 

3) our midfielders, despite all being fairly defensively minded and constantly sitting right in front of the defence when we have the ball, seem to be providing very inadequate help to the defence when we don’t have the ball.

 

4) McCrorie is too erratic to play central defence - he dives in and is over enthusiastic and has very little positional sense. We’re caught out time and time again when long balls are played up in his direction

 

5) Gallagher is not as good as he thinks he is, or as Glass thinks he is. He was supposed to organise and shore things up at the back but from what I’ve seen he’s lacklustre and slow

 

6) we’re trying to play out from the back with a goalkeeper who’s useless at kicking

 

7) our passing is too slow and any balls forward are inaccurate, so although we have lots of possession it goes nowhere and allows the opponents to regroup


theres 7 reasons for starters…

 

Should add… it’s particularly worrying we’ve only 1 clean sheet considering we’ve not even played against the “better” teams yet

 

 

 

Spoken like a true mafia DON. 

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Zeus said:

Going to quote all you cunts when we win the league 

The new beach stadium then will be the biggest and best in the highland league.  

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Not making the 18 & taking up a valuable wage.

We’d save ourselves a fortune by not having him, McGinn, Devlin & McGeouch on the wage bill, and not one of them would be missed. 

They’ll be draining about £500k a year out the club. 

You think McGeouch took a (massive) hit on his Sunderland wages for the privelige of joining us then?

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

Brutally honest post match interview from Glass. Can't fault him for that.

Hope he's true to his word and makes the changes next week, and hopefully they result in a win

 

Changes, who the Aberdeen ladies team. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Not making the 18 & taking up a valuable wage.

We’d save ourselves a fortune by not having him, McGinn, Devlin & McGeouch on the wage bill, and not one of them would be missed. 

They’ll be draining about £500k a year out the club. 

Kennedy might be shit and he is shit but I’ll tell you what, I’d have played him yesterday - decent level of pace and would have been a round peg in the round hole that the square peg known as Ojo was forced to wedge into

Hope to fuck I’m wrong but I think the St Johnstone game will be messy. They are shite with zero wins so far this season in all competitions yet, we all know the script, having read this same book for many years under many managers. The one saving grace we have is Scott Brown’s attitude that you’d hope would rub off on one or two others.

Edited by sooth_stander

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Nothing is the same

Mcinnes was hung out to dry in his last 6 months

What he delivered,  2nd/3rd mostly or 4th is lightyears ahead of what glass looks capable of

 

You've deduced what Glass is capable of already? Ingenious. 

Given we were on a three year downward spiral prior to his arrival, I'm giving him the season, unless we end up in relegation trouble. As it stands, he has only just assembled his own team and needs time for it to gel. While disappointed at the Euro and cup exits, I've seen shoots of improvement overall and am willing to give him the benefit for now, also keeping in mind the next transfer window in January.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

The 1 thing I feared if Glass struggled is that people would say we were wrong to sack Mcinnes. Make absolute no mistake it was time for him to go and anyone saying otherwise needs to have a word with themselves. The problem lies with if Glass was the right appointment, I wasn't initially happy with appointment but he almost won me over but on reflection if it weren't for 2 GK's basically throwing the ball in the net in the Livi win and county draw things would be even worse. Things could get really toxic if we don't get results and performances that match the investment. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Jocky Balboa said:

You've deduced what Glass is capable of already? Ingenious. 

Given we were on a three year downward spiral prior to his arrival, I'm giving him the season, unless we end up in relegation trouble. As it stands, he has only just assembled his own team and needs time for it to gel. While disappointed at the Euro and cup exits, I've seen shoots of improvement overall and am willing to give him the benefit for now, also keeping in mind the next transfer window in January.

Ticks just about every box in the bury the head in the sand list Jocky. 

Supporters have every right to question what is going on. We've not won in 6 and the signing policy is scattergun to say the least so far.

When is it OK for supporters to ask questions regarding the results and the performances on the park? 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Jocky Balboa said:

You've deduced what Glass is capable of already? Ingenious. 

Given we were on a three year downward spiral prior to his arrival, I'm giving him the season, unless we end up in relegation trouble. As it stands, he has only just assembled his own team and needs time for it to gel. While disappointed at the Euro and cup exits, I've seen shoots of improvement overall and am willing to give him the benefit for now, also keeping in mind the next transfer window in January.

Three year downward spiral?

What were our last 3 year league placings, seasons that mcinnes finished ?

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...