Welcome back Stephen Glass

3 hours ago, DD1903 said:

Using the scenario you did was! Lolz

Yeah, you said that the first time and I acknowledged it. But the point still stands - what level of mismanagement is to be tolerated, whilst Glass is given "time"? 

At the moment it seems as if this, "give him time mantra" is being used by fans to ignore the fact that he was given a brilliant opportunity but messed up the transfer window amongst other things and is clearly out of his depth. Probably because the reality is a bitter pill to swallow. 

So again, is it a year  regardless of how incompetent he is? 

12 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Yeah, you said that the first time and I acknowledged it. But the point still stands - what level of mismanagement is to be tolerated, whilst Glass is given "time"? 

At the moment it seems as if this, "give him time mantra" is being used by fans to ignore the fact that he was given a brilliant opportunity but messed up the transfer window amongst other things and is clearly out of his depth. Probably because the reality is a bitter pill to swallow. 

Folk can say what they want just now as the future is still unwritten. 

But if he was battling relegation this season they'd be shouting for him to get punted. 

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

All relative though.

We are currently performing way below what our budget dictates we should be. That is down to new manager being inexperienced & a cheap experimental gamble.

Cormack’s ego made Glass the best man for the job & so far it looks to be a very outside bet that the gamble will pay off.

Glass is being given quite a lot of support by some fans. The ones with the patient attitude that would support any manager that came in regardless.

Those of us that are still questioning the appointment aren’t exactly having a go at Glass personally & blaming him fully. We just think that he wasn’t ‘the best man for the job’ that Cormack bullishly claims. Just that Cormack & co’s selection strategy was the weakness in all this & that is what made Glass the ‘apparent’ best man for the job, or best of all candidates, let alone the supposed four man short list they selected.

Are we really to believe that Glass was our best option from said secret list, let alone the secret four man shortlist.

Would love to know the list of those that actually applied but the reason Cormack refuses to release it is because he is scared for it to be known. 

I don’t think any other managerial applicant was made public other than Glass were they? Not even rumoured leaks of the four man shortlist.

I've got reservations about Glass as well but the bit in bold - If we'd won the last 2 games we'd be top of the league.

8 minutes ago, NEM said:

I've got reservations about Glass as well but the bit in bold - If we'd won the last 2 games we'd be top of the league.

We were nowhere near winning the last 2 games. If there were some circumstances that you could point to that we'd been unlucky (i.e. winning goal incorrectly ruled out), then maybe your point would hold some weight. 

If anything, the luck has been on our side as if it wasnt for a blatant offside goal against Ross County and the livvy keeper throwing one in the net we'd be even worse off. 

Wasn’t Shaun Maloney rumoured to be on “the list”?

I don’t think Alex Neill was on it but then again, I don’t think there was ever was “a list” drawn up. There was no need.

Said it a million times; Glass’ appointment was the kickback for the Yankee investment. Cormack’s hands were tied, to a degree. I fully expect Glass to return to Atlanta whether he fucks up here (as I expect he will) or whether he does well here and they want their fully trained coach back.

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

How do you know he's not the answer? 

What manager has to make 10 first team signings, have a compete staff overhaul, at a new club, and is instantly successful without some dodgy results? 

Tell me a side in world football right now, thats had success after a managerial change and a huge player turnover? 

It doesn't happen like that. Not even for the huge, mega rich clubs. 

3 months in properly and 1 transfer window that only shut a week or so ago. 

Give it time. 

While I agree with you to a extent that time must be given im not having the other part. The money we have spent should be more than enough to beat teams like Ross County or Motherwell even if they haven't found their feet fully yet. Blame has to be taken by Glass or the recruitment department or even both. He was brought in to asses the squad before season end and still offered contracts to Devlin and McGinn. He should of known exactly what was needed and hasn't shaped a balanced team at all, we struggled to score goals last season and we bring in 1 striker, Jet, Watkins and an unknown quantity in Samuel in attacking third, its simply not good enough.

29 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Wasn’t Shaun Maloney rumoured to be on “the list”?

I don’t think Alex Neill was on it but then again, I don’t think there was ever was “a list” drawn up. There was no need.

Said it a million times; Glass’ appointment was the kickback for the Yankee investment. Cormack’s hands were tied, to a degree. I fully expect Glass to return to Atlanta whether he fucks up here (as I expect he will) or whether he does well here and they want their fully trained coach back.

Yip. As soon as the Atlanta “partnership” was announced, a lot of us saw the appointment of Glass coming.

Unfortunately a lot of us saw the poor results coming too.

I understand the give him time arguments. It is only fair. But if you follow that argument through you need to accept that in his first transfer window our manager failed to identify any major weakness in the centre of defence as he knew he could make McCrorie an effective centre half (despite two teams failing to do just this thing) and that despite appearances to the contrary what the club really needed was a right back who couldn’t get a game for Atlanta and a couple more central midfielders but only one bench warming striker. He has his coaching qualifications and some experience in football and these choices were not in the best interests of improving the squad and our performance reflects these choices, first transfer window or not. 

6 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Tell me a side in world football right now, thats had success after a managerial change and a huge player turnover? 

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Thomas Tuchel 

Next?

Wrong!!!!!

Since when was signing nobody a huge player turnover. Tuchel won the champions league with the team he inherited from Lampard

1 hour ago, Ernie McCracken said:

We were nowhere near winning the last 2 games. If there were some circumstances that you could point to that we'd been unlucky (i.e. winning goal incorrectly ruled out), then maybe your point would hold some weight. 

If anything, the luck has been on our side as if it wasnt for a blatant offside goal against Ross County and the livvy keeper throwing one in the net we'd be even worse off. 

All the things that can be said about the goal against Ross county I think it’s the first time I read it was blatantly offside. 

1 hour ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Think that's a bit of an exaggeration.  We were poor but dominated possession and had far more chances in both games than our opponents.  Not as if we were played off the park

2 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

What do you mean by 'mismanagement'? Just to confirm. (I think you're overreacting with the term)

Then I'll answer. 

I will say that glass has made some

mistakes. But he inherited a pish poor squad, and has had to bring in a fair few players. Are some of them good enough? Probably not. Is he playing mcrorie out of position? Probably, but I don't rate mcrorie - even as a midfielder,

like some claim he is. 

ultimately, he needs a wee bit more time. 

• Upvote 2
12 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Yip. As soon as the Atlanta “partnership” was announced, a lot of us saw the appointment of Glass coming.

Unfortunately a lot of us saw the poor results coming too.

Yes I remember you stating in November 2019 that the partnership would directly lead to an underwhelming start to Stephen Glass' managerial career at Aberdeen. 

It would be an awful lot easier to take the underwhelming results if we had a squad that was balanced and appropriate for the challenge - having been given the opportunity to see the issues and address them the management have failed  to do so that's the bit that worries me as does the arrogance that has come across don't criticise as we know better. Atlanta is great. Happy to chat with the fans when the going is good but when it gets tough it's all quiet as that might upset the players! 

18 minutes ago, Crossbow said:

It would be an awful lot easier to take the underwhelming results if we had a squad that was balanced and appropriate for the challenge - having been given the opportunity to see the issues and address them the management have failed  to do so that's the bit that worries me as does the arrogance that has come across don't criticise as we know better. Atlanta is great. Happy to chat with the fans when the going is good but when it gets tough it's all quiet as that might upset the players! 

Achieving a balance is maybe a harder thing to achieve that some think though.

I fully expect that Aberdeen thought that a few more midfielders would have left in the last window. So yes, its a failure to move some on, which happens at a lot of clubs.

Glass should be given time to sort out the squad that he wants and that was never realistically going to be achieved in one window

30 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Folk on here snearing and critising Glass two games after his first window has closed just so McInnes saves some face. ? 

Hun beauts!

McInnes was absolutely finished and had been for a good while, whether Glass is the answer remains to be seen but lets hope he is ffs!

This is not about Aberdeen past (McInnes) but Aberdeen present. I wanted McInnes gone long before most on here so maybe I just have higher standards/expectations.  For me McInnes is in the past and barely relevant except for the problems of the squad he left. I applaud the words Glass said about the football he wants to see and the style he wants to bring - I just feel that he is walking a different walk - are we not allowed to comment on the choices he makes until some mystical moment when it becomes okay? He's a footie manager in the SPL - if he (or you) can't handle a wee bit of negative commentary about decisions that Glass has made himself then he's in the wrong business (which sadly may be the case) - I hope I'm wrong and he turns into a wonderful manager and that Gurr turns out to be Maldini's love child and Ramirez cuts a Ronaldo like figure in his thirties inexplicably not being played in the states because they did not recognise his wonderful potential but the signs ain't good that that's the case and I hope he finds a new way of playing exciting attacking football with 6 or 7 central midfielders. FTH.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Glass though inexplicably has made it even more unbalanced?

My main point is that after 8 years, the man in charge didn't have a balanced, perfect squad.

In glass' case, having arrived 6 months ago, he maybe hasn't been able to shift on some of the deadwood that was sitting around, whilst bringing in players he thinks are better than the ones already in the squad, creating a backlog. The midfield we had under McInnes wasn't great, was it? he may also have targeted players, with clubs or players knocking us back, and we didn't think anyone available was good enough, so best to leave it. 

some ifs buts and maybes though

16 minutes ago, Crossbow said:

This is not about Aberdeen past (McInnes) but Aberdeen present. I wanted McInnes gone long before most on here so maybe I just have higher standards/expectations.  For me McInnes is in the past and barely relevant except for the problems of the squad he left. I applaud the words Glass said about the football he wants to see and the style he wants to bring - I just feel that he is walking a different walk - are we not allowed to comment on the choices he makes until some mystical moment when it becomes okay? He's a footie manager in the SPL - if he (or you) can't handle a wee bit of negative commentary about decisions that Glass has made himself then he's in the wrong business (which sadly may be the case) - I hope I'm wrong and he turns into a wonderful manager and that Gurr turns out to be Maldini's love child and Ramirez cuts a Ronaldo like figure in his thirties inexplicably not being played in the states because they did not recognise his wonderful potential but the signs ain't good that that's the case and I hope he finds a new way of playing exciting attacking football with 6 or 7 central midfielders. FTH.

Do you not think we should wait until we’ve played every team in the league before you start going into meltdown 

• Upvote 1

Next six fixtures to end October are home to St Johnstone, away to St Mirren, home to Celtic, away to Dundee, home to Hibernian and away to Rangers.

The club is most definitely on a downward spiral and I wouldn't be confident of winning any of these fixtures. If we average a point a game I'll be very surprised.

Will keep my pessimism away from the site until then.....

23 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

Next six fixtures to end October are home to St Johnstone, away to St Mirren, home to Celtic, away to Dundee, home to Hibernian and away to Rangers.

The club is most definitely on a downward spiral and I wouldn't be confident of winning any of these fixtures. If we average a point a game I'll be very surprised.

Win our next two games and its bonus street for you then ;)

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!

28 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

I recon we will be sitting around the 18-20 point mark after we play the next 6 games