Welcome back Stephen Glass

14 hours ago, Millertime said:

I dont think brown ferguson and longstaff are similar at all

Brown should be hanging back and longstaff and ferguson bombing forward 

I meant just these bits really:

use the extra player up front alongside Ramirez as i really think he needs a proper strike partner.
put Watkins up front with Ramirez.

Probably in place of Longstaff.

11 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

We are not Hearts.

After 6 games, they had 5 points.

After 11 games they had 8 points

we are not Hearts.. Settle FFS

Also these things work both ways. 

Hearts won something like the first 8 games of the season to be top a few years back. They then collapsed and within 18 months were relegated.

Almost like its still too early to tell!

20 hours ago, Stoneybloke said:

Quote from Stephen Glass:

"We are trying to do something at the club that's a little bit different."

Has anyone spotted what it is?

Different doesn't necessarily mean better though.

Glass is maybe just hoodwinking everyone. We could turn up today and blow St.Mirren away playing an aggressive attacking style of football.  Ramirez will suddenly look like he is a major threat in front of goal, Gallagher will put his boots on the right way round and Joe Lewis spent last night in the team hotel rather than peering over folks hedges. 
Either that or we will slump to another 1-0 defeat so Glass can insist it will get better once he and his raw coaching staff explore all the fancy facilities at Cormack park instead of watching videos on a laptop of old Atlanta training drills.

2 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Fans were bored with 2nd, 3rd, 4th and regular cup quarters, semis and finals

Lol

Bloody LOL

This is an utter red neck and completely ruins weekends 

I am back to physically hating the vast majority of our players and staff and that's so sad

If we'd actually followed a proper prawcess when replacing McInnes and got in someone who is not a glorified primary PE teacher then we could have built on the legacy that McInnes had left. As it is, Cormack has utterly fucked it by giving his mate the top job at the club. 

5 minutes ago, Yorston Vasey said:

If we'd actually followed a proper prawcess when replacing McInnes and got in someone who is not a glorified primary PE teacher then we could have built on the legacy that McInnes had left. As it is, Cormack has utterly fucked it by giving his mate the top job at the club. 

Thats the problem though 

If we could get someone better than mcinnes, fine

But we couldn't,  so, it's a mistake 

On 9/16/2021 at 1:11 PM, Woody21 said:

Next six fixtures to end October are home to St Johnstone, away to St Mirren, home to Celtic, away to Dundee, home to Hibernian and away to Rangers.

The club is most definitely on a downward spiral and I wouldn't be confident of winning any of these fixtures. If we average a point a game I'll be very surprised.

Will keep my pessimism away from the site until then.....

Can't keep my pessimism away.

I strongly believe we are heading for a relegation battle with the PE teacher in charge.

Feck Q & A sessions DC get a proper manager appointed pronto!!!

1 minute ago, Woody21 said:

Can't keep my pessimism away.

I strongly believe we are heading for a relegation battle with the PE teacher in charge.

Feck Q & A sessions DC get a proper manager appointed pronto!!!

I don't trust Cormack to appoint a manager, he appointed Glass remember. Cormack needs to fuck off with Glass, mans an absolutely bellend who thinks he's some kind of messiah. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Yorston Vasey said:

We didn't try to get someone better though, Cormack had planned to bring Glass in all along. If we'd had a 'normal' chairman following a normal process then Glass would not be manager of Aberdeen FC.

It would be very, very difficult to get someone to do better than mcinnes did and that's the point

The only way to do it would be to pay big,  big wages

Look at the state of us now after these really solid, sometimes brilliant last 8 years

It's so so sad

It would be very, very difficult to get someone to do better than mcinnes did and that's the point

Look at the state of us now after these really solid, sometimes brilliant last 8 years

It's so so sad

MT, we looked stinking in the last 18-24 months under derek. Let's not re-write history. 

Glass isn't the best man for the job. An experiment that isn't working. 

• Upvote 1

It's so so sad

Finishing 3rd in this league and getting to the cup semi finals regularly with the playing budget on offer here shouldn't be too much of challenge in all honesty.