Welcome back Stephen Glass

Just now, super_al said:

In my opinion it's individual errors that have cost us rather than Glass. 

Ross County - Cut out the error and we win 1-0.

Motherwell - Lewis kicking error and Ferguson not marking his man.

Saint Johnstone - Gallagher and McCorie not closing down quick enough after losing the ball in midfield.

Saint Mirren, Lewis at fault for two goals after silly mistakes. Bates could have done better for the first and second.

These are the players errors, not Glass.

Yeah it's generally player errors that cost games.  They're the sort of things that don't happen too often to good managers who sign good players and set their team up right. 

2 hours ago, Dr_Manhattan said:

Another one for the Collum AFC wank bank. We did make it easy for him though. My only surprise was that Hayes didn't get a straight red, he certainly deserved it.

Aye Collum is an absolute fucking cunt, of that there is little doubt. Bullied at his school no doubt.

Hayes was lucky. It was the 90th minute so it had zero affect on the game unlike the Jenks yellows - the first one is a soft foul only FFS.  
But having had a yellow he shouldn’t have lunged in & got his second (deserved) yellow. 

1 hour ago, minijc said:

Too many would rather we just stuck with the typical appointment of some old plug that dots around the league but has no long term plan.  Cormack has a plan, well at least an idea of a plan, in the end he's went for Glass as his man to try get it kick started, others he'd have liked were either not as convincing as Glass or we were never really in a position to get that man. 

Marijo Tot would have been a more ambitious appointment and would have not been Cormack’s pal. He said he could get us better players but was ignored because he wasn’t who Cormack wanted from the get go. He had no previous ties to Scottish football so dealing with the media love of the Glasgow teams would have been a breeze to him. He would have been a far more positive appointment than Glass and if he genuinely (which I wouldn’t doubt) had contacts of players who he believed would have vastly improved us then he should have been in a stronger position for getting the job before a complete gamble with Glass or even Maloney. 
He was experienced and available. Big mistake picking a mate for such a crucial job especially now when it’s obvious to everyone in the country he is failing big time. Glass is done already and Cormack knows this….if this was his proper business it wouldn’t be tolerated.

14 minutes ago, super_al said:

In my opinion it's individual errors that have cost us rather than Glass. 

Ross County - Cut out the error for their goal and we win 1-0.

Motherwell - Lewis kicking error and Ferguson not marking his man.

Saint Johnstone - Gallagher and McCorie not closing down quick enough after losing the ball in midfield.

Saint Mirren, Lewis at fault for two goals after silly mistakes. Bates could have done better for the first and second.

These are the players errors, not Glass.

The problem with that is that obviously those games were so tight that a moment of individual error was all it took to lose or draw the game. 

I hate to say that we should be winning those games, but we should be comfortably able to beat the like of Ross County, St J, and St M without having to go the entire game without an error. 

And the fact that we haven't the organisation, system, or playing unit that can dominate those games does ultimately fall on the manager. 

Like playing a game of chess, you can't really blame the pieces that get taken when you're the one who's moving the pieces. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Yorston Vasey said:

If we'd actually followed a proper prawcess when replacing McInnes and got in someone who is not a glorified primary PE teacher then we could have built on the legacy that McInnes had left. As it is, Cormack has utterly fucked it by giving his mate the top job at the club. 

Aye hang on though.  Agree with the first bit.  Agree with the last bit.  But there’s a bit in the middle about the absolute immediate carnage DM had left.

2 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Aye hang on though.  Agree with the first bit.  Agree with the last bit.  But there’s a bit in the middle about the absolute immediate carnage DM had left.

In fairness, McInnes had us firmly around where we should be, maybe slightly underachieving, but with the prospect of absolutely no advancement on that in terms of winning trophies beyond that one league cup.

As shite as we were by the time he was punted, we were back at the right end of the table, though predictable in every aspect, and infuriatingly cowardly against 'big' teams. 

Glass had the opportunity to arrest our decline with some smart signings, and with just a little bit of courage and tactical nous. 

Instead we fell off a cliff. 

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Our managerial appointment success rate in my lifetime doesn’t exactly fill me with confidence that Glass’ replacement with be a whole lot better. Not that that in itself is any reason for not binning him.

Turnbull - hit

Bonthrone - miss

McNeill - hit

Fergie - hit

Portaloo - miss

Smithy - hit

Willie - hit/miss

Aitken - (won a trophy but) miss

Ebbe - miss

Paterson - miss

Calderwood - hit (but stayed a year too long)

McGhoo - miss

Brown - hit/miss (steadied the ship initially but stayed a year too long)

McInnes - hit (but stayed 2 years too long)

Glass - miss

40% success rate.

And with Cormack at the wheel, its going to be another Atlanta coach coming in.

Man, these are challenging times.

John Collins, anyone?

You missed Ally McLeod who was a hit 

I accept what the posters above said about individual errors being costly, but taking a step back, it's clear the second half of the Raith game was pivotal in destroying all early (albeit modest) momentum. Clearly there has been a failure to motivate the squad and turn things around, to a point where we have since been losing to teams we should - given the vast gulf in resources and budget - be beating, regardless of a few Clangers (TM) or individual errors.

I'm just puzzled as to why a poor 45 min against a lower league side was enough to derail everything and why the team hasn't rallied at all since then. I'm still clinging to the hope Glass will come good (Davidson at St Johnstone and O'Neill at Northern Ireland are two good examples) and want to give him the next transfer window as well, to balance the team, but I concede he will need to show us something before January in order to retain enough goodwill of the fans to allow that time.

19 minutes ago, Jocky Balboa said:

I accept what the posters above said about individual errors being costly, but taking a step back, it's clear the second half of the Raith game was pivotal in destroying all early (albeit modest) momentum. Clearly there has been a failure to motivate the squad and turn things around, to a point where we have since been losing to teams we should - given the vast gulf in resources and budget - be beating, regardless of a few Clangers (TM) or individual errors.

I'm just puzzled as to why a poor 45 min against a lower league side was enough to derail everything and why the team hasn't rallied at all since then. I'm still clinging to the hope Glass will come good (Davidson at St Johnstone and O'Neill at Northern Ireland are two good examples) and want to give him the next transfer window as well, to balance the team, but I concede he will need to show us something before January in order to retain enough goodwill of the fans to allow that time.

The raith rovers game didn't derail us. We were never on the rails, but this was disguised by games against poor European teams. 

Guest milne_afc
3 minutes ago, huncunts said:

I’m struggling to support him at all. He’s got no charisma. Zero connection to the fans even when winning. Seems like a terrible appointment that’s going to reduce the standing of the club. 

Great username ?

1 hour ago, Ke1t said:

The problem with that is that obviously those games were so tight that a moment of individual error was all it took to lose or draw the game. 

I hate to say that we should be winning those games, but we should be comfortably able to beat the like of Ross County, St J, and St M without having to go the entire game without an error. 

And the fact that we haven't the organisation, system, or playing unit that can dominate those games does ultimately fall on the manager. 

Like playing a game of chess, you can't really blame the pieces that get taken when you're the one who's moving the pieces. 

What a fucking terrible analogy, it’s nothing like a game of chess.

5 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Our best defensive lineup is: -

Ramsay Bates McCrorie MacKenzie

I think everyone is happy enough with Ramsay and McKenzie as the full backs. Bates does seem to need a few more games to get up to speed (Slow to get out for their first and manhandled for their third). McCrorie is our best CH.

I'd be happy with that being the starting defence most weeks

McRorie and Bates are both fucking shite.  If that pair of hun clowns are the best we can do we're in serious trouble