Welcome back Stephen Glass

8 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

We made a Boo Boo appointing Glass, but I wouldn’t want Yogi anywhere near us. 

Fucking right thick as shit why not take his fucking thick cunt of a cousin Preston too, and village idiot Gary Locke just for good measure.

The previous board apparently rated "Shree" highly,  I rest my case.

11 hours ago, slippers said:

We won't be relegated but just had a look at table and if livi and county goalkeepers hadn't chucked the ball in net to gain us 3 points we would be second bottom. Its small margins. If we get pumped by Celtic and dont beat Dundee id be interested to see what kind of pressure is put on Glass. We simply have to get a win against Dundee at very least. 

And if Jenks didn’t get sent off yesterday we would be ahead of Celtic in the league ??‍♂️

In terms of perspective, if we'd have taken one or two of our chances against Motherwell and St Mirren, and cut out the individual mistakes we'd have been 4th equal in the table. 4 ahead of Celtic.  We're a few stupid mistakes away from "doing ok".

However, the big picture is that we've not won in 8 (or 9?) and that's simply not good enough, regardless of the above.  There's been too many "mistakes" that Glass should have been putting a stop to. 

The whole club needs to get its shit together, not just Stephen Glass.  Lewis is criminally bad atm, the defence is absolutely woeful (coaching and individually), the midfield is powderpuff and not doing enough to help at either end of the pitch, the front players need to take their chances, just need to look at the Motherwell game. 

10 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Not sure.

Definitely NOT Neil Lennon like some have suggested.  
Aside from the fact he’s a prick, he’s a shite manager.  

Without checking, I think he’s more decorated in Scotland than any manager we’ve ever had? 

knows this game inside out. Dunno why you are so against him. 

Guest findlay_1903

I can’t find the thread about our next manager anywhere. 

Is it time we got the pat nevin bandwagon back going gentlemen?

Davy Cormack clearly lurks in here, so if you’re reading this Dave dawg the rowie man, just employ Pat, either get him in now to help Stephen instantly, or just employ him as manager in his own right. 

COYR

#inpatwetrust

2 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Without checking, I think he’s more decorated in Scotland than any manager we’ve ever had? 

knows this game inside out. Dunno why you are so against him. 

Even you would’ve managed Celtic to most of the trophies that repugnant wee cunt won. 
He had a machine gun at a water pistol fight.

What’s he done out with managing a dominant Tim team?

Sadly though, if Cormack does the right thing & get rid of SG, Lennon would be a strong contender I’d think. 

23 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

This has had a Lennon and Brown double act written all over it for a few weeks now. 

Does seem that way. This has got a “Craig Brown steady hand at the tiller” feel to it.

Lennon isn’t getting offered gigs elsewhere and so would probably agree to work under Gunn, however much he’d prefer not to. 

And as a parallel, nobody was ever sure, in his 2nd spell at Sellic, who was in charge of recruitment so he’ll be well versed in our fucked up stradagee

44 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Even you would’ve managed Celtic to most of the trophies that repugnant wee cunt won. 

Sadly though, if Cormack does the right thing & get rid of SG, Lennon would be a strong contender I’d think. 

The question would be if we go with someone to steddie the ship or go with another somewhat risky appointment of someone that could potentially take us to the next level. Either way it has to be someone with a bit of experience, dont think we can afford to go with a Shaun Maloney esk appointment. As much as id love someone that would have us playing free flowing attacking football maybe that remit is almost impossible with our budget? My initial thoughts are exactly whats panned out, Ramirez a reserve striker in MLS is not good enough to be our only striker, fine as a back up or rotation but not good enough the be relied upon and we have spent a substantial fee and wages on this guy that's in his early 30s, makes little sense. Glass had a horrendous record and feared this would happen, a few good games against part time teams fooled me and many others, I just dont think its going to work out as much as id love it too. Like some have suggested this is exactly the same as Cathro at hearts, Cathro is very highly rated as a coach but will probably never manage again. As for the recruitment, if we dont see some players coming in from Europe in January I really fail to see the direction we are going in with that. For 3 or 4 windows we have spoke about value in Europe where not so much are shopping yet almost every signing has came from inflated market in England yet again. Big pressure on Mowbury in January to deliver. 

48 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Delia couldn’t manage it. Nor Tony Mowbray. Just accept that he’s a good spl manager 

2 hours ago, blowupsheep said:

Neil Lennon should have been approached and offered the gig this time round, Cormack took the jobs for the boys cheapest option and it has backfired.

Sorry Stephen, as much as I really wanted this to work for you, its clear that it is not and your appointment was a mistake.

So that’s who you wanted shot of McInnes for? Neil Lennon?

ffs

34 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

To be fair Lennon couldn't handle it when the pressure was really on last year. 

He then continues to blame everyone else but himself. 

Correct, he was an absolute mess. He seems to be fine unless he is losing and then he seems to turn into a complete headcase.

Also, I honestly would have rather we kept McInnes than appoint Neil Lennon.

If we make the change now, the season may not be all lost.

Fuck about any longer and it will be, and will see us dragged into a dogfight.

Huge call for Cormack and one he’ll no doubt dodge until we’re nearer the bottom.

The worry is, how much influence will fellow board member Darren Eales and his Yankee mates have on the decision to bullet Glass AND who his successor is, which might rule out Alex Neil or Jim Goodwin and rule in Henry Apolloo and other Atlanta coaching staff? They want some kind of return on their investment 

Crowd for this weeks Sellic game will be interesting and indicative of fans’ feeling.

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

To be fair Lennon couldn't handle it when the pressure was really on last year. 

He then continues to blame everyone else but himself. 

The pressure was on every year. He done shocking last season but winning another treble after taking over from Rodgers was a good achievement. 

He’s not the man to take over though. 

2 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Huge call for Cormack and one he’ll no doubt dodge until we’re near the bottom.

The worry is, how much influence will fellow board member Darren Eales & Co have on the decision to bullet Glass AND who his successor is?

Crowd for this weeks game will be interesting and indicative of fans’ feeling.

Yup. Tempted to sack it. 

6 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Huge call for Cormack and one he’ll no doubt dodge until we’re near the bottom.

The worry is, how much influence will fellow board member Darren Eales & Co have on the decision to bullet Glass AND who his successor is?

Crowd for this weeks game will be interesting and indicative of fans’ feeling.

People talking about relegation is lowering the standards so anything else will seem like an improving work in progress. He was meant to come in to build on 4th and no cups and play exciting football. 

If it wasn't for the philosophy propaganda everyone would be looking at it for what it is. Absolute shite. 

We have 8,870 season tickets and there will be 2000 away fans on Sunday. If we hit 12,000 it would be a surprise, which could be less than an equivalent Craig Brown game when they counted how many actually turned up. 

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Does seem that way. This has got a “Craig Brown steady hand at the tiller” feel to it.

Lennon isn’t getting offered gigs elsewhere and so would probably agree to work under Gunn, however much he’d prefer not to. 

And as a parallel, nobody was ever sure, in his 2nd spell at Sellic, who was in charge of recruitment so he’ll be well versed in our fucked up stradagee

Lennon would grip that fucking peely Wally  mummy's boy in about