Welcome back Stephen Glass

If we make the change now, the season may not be all lost.

Fuck about any longer and it will be, and will see us dragged into a dogfight.

Huge call for Cormack and one he’ll no doubt dodge until we’re nearer the bottom.

The worry is, how much influence will fellow board member Darren Eales and his Yankee mates have on the decision to bullet Glass AND who his successor is, which might rule out Alex Neil or Jim Goodwin and rule in Henry Apolloo and other Atlanta coaching staff? They want some kind of return on their investment 

Crowd for this weeks Sellic game will be interesting and indicative of fans’ feeling.

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

To be fair Lennon couldn't handle it when the pressure was really on last year. 

He then continues to blame everyone else but himself. 

The pressure was on every year. He done shocking last season but winning another treble after taking over from Rodgers was a good achievement. 

He’s not the man to take over though. 

2 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Huge call for Cormack and one he’ll no doubt dodge until we’re near the bottom.

The worry is, how much influence will fellow board member Darren Eales & Co have on the decision to bullet Glass AND who his successor is?

Crowd for this weeks game will be interesting and indicative of fans’ feeling.

Yup. Tempted to sack it. 

6 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Huge call for Cormack and one he’ll no doubt dodge until we’re near the bottom.

The worry is, how much influence will fellow board member Darren Eales & Co have on the decision to bullet Glass AND who his successor is?

Crowd for this weeks game will be interesting and indicative of fans’ feeling.

People talking about relegation is lowering the standards so anything else will seem like an improving work in progress. He was meant to come in to build on 4th and no cups and play exciting football. 

If it wasn't for the philosophy propaganda everyone would be looking at it for what it is. Absolute shite. 

We have 8,870 season tickets and there will be 2000 away fans on Sunday. If we hit 12,000 it would be a surprise, which could be less than an equivalent Craig Brown game when they counted how many actually turned up. 

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Does seem that way. This has got a “Craig Brown steady hand at the tiller” feel to it.

Lennon isn’t getting offered gigs elsewhere and so would probably agree to work under Gunn, however much he’d prefer not to. 

And as a parallel, nobody was ever sure, in his 2nd spell at Sellic, who was in charge of recruitment so he’ll be well versed in our fucked up stradagee

Lennon would grip that fucking peely Wally  mummy's boy in about

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He isn’t. He was sacked by Hibs.

He was sacked by Celtic as soon as there was serious competition to them. 

He was sacked by Hibs for telling a woman who is an out lesbian that she was a "rug muncher" (and questioned her competence in the same rant). 

Up until that point he was doing just fine with them. 

I admit that I'd have happily taken Lennon off them, prior to Milne giving DM his final contract extension. Now though...no thanks. His last 2 transfer windows with Celtic were frankly bizarre, and given the position he was starting from in comparison to sevco, to manage to end up 18 points behind sevco after only 24 months was quite an achievement.

I don't see him lasting past November. Hopefully we pull something out our arse this coming month. 

He will absolutely be here for the whole season, even if we lost the three games against the Cheeks and Hibs in October (in my opinion).

There are a lot of positives in the team from where we were under the tail end of McInnes and whilst the results have not been as expected, patience is required to allow that to click.

Its been fine margins that have went against us and we need to turn them into positives

Davidson, Goodwin, Neil etc are guys we should be sounding out. 

Nah, nae convinved on them either.

Given how poor we've been, were still above Davidson and Goodwins teams, who's only wins have come against us, so they've been even poorer against the other teams.

As for Lennon, deary me, should never be considered to be the boss of Aberdeen

Remember when Glass said if you lined up all our summer signings you would be very impressed with our business? Well here we go;

Gurr - Hopeless

Ramirez - Looks ok but if we are paying him a big wage by our standards then we could do better 

JET - Underwhelming

Woods - N/A but will hopefully get a run in the team now

Brown -  Been ok but doesn't have the legs to do everything himself

Gallagher - Very underwhelming

Jenks - Hopeless

And since that interview with him we've also signed;

Samuels - Doesn't look like he has any end product. Doubt we'll remember he was even here in a couple years time

Watkins - Hopefully after a run of games he gets going

Bates - Hopefully after a run of games he gets going but didn't look great yesterday

Longstaff - Pointless

I think I've got the players the right way round there. I'm not very impressed at all looking at that. There must be a phenominal amount of money being spent on wages on that lot. This has the potential to be as bad as any of the windows we had under McInnes towards the end of his time here, and some of those were pretty bad.

2 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

It doesn't have to be either. 

Lennon would be a laugh at least. 

Next guy can't be anyone but an experienced SPFL manager. Someone who knows Scottish football. 

I was against this type of appointment before Glass, but as every week goes by, it's clear you need someone who knows what horses for what courses. SG still needs a bit more time to see improvement, but it's a worry atm. 

I don't see him lasting past November. Hopefully we pull something out our arse this coming month. 

Davidson, Goodwin, Neil etc are guys we should be sounding out. 

Well that’s a thoroughly depressing thought. I would take Davidson for obvious reasons but there’s very slim pickings in that market.

2 hours ago, blowupsheep said:

Just to clarify,

Yes!!!!!

I wanted Lennon to be given the gig this time round to replace McHunnis with, but that never happened coz white teeth Cormack took the easy and cheapest option and it's clearly nae working

Then you’re an utter moron.

53 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

He will absolutely be here for the whole season, even if we lost the three games against the Cheeks and Hibs in October (in my opinion).

There are a lot of positives in the team from where we were under the tail end of McInnes and whilst the results have not been as expected, patience is required to allow that to click.

Its been fine margins that have went against us and we need to turn them into positives

I like the glass half full attitude, but losing games, like winning them, can become a habit.

We have missed a few sitters in games that were finely balanced, Ramirez has had his fair share, and if you convert those, then the outcome may well have been very different.

Think it would be papering over the cracks though.We are horrendous defensively at the mo.

As has been said on here, when you miss Andy Considine, and I like the lad, you know you’re not good at the back.

58 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

I know you'll think that I'm just having a go but I'm genuinely interested in the lots of positives coz apart from the emergence of Ramsay (and maybe McKenzie) I can't see any. 

19 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I know you'll think that I'm just having a go but I'm genuinely interested in the lots of positives coz apart from the emergence of Ramsay (and maybe McKenzie) I can't see any. 

Ramsay and MacKenzie are two for a start.

I also like the way we are dominating games far more. We've dominated Ross County, Motherwell, St Johnstone and St Mirren (until Jenks sending off) and just needed to be a bit more clinical to get the all important first goal.

Were trying to keep possession more instead of just lumping it long.

Of course there are negatives as well which we have to work on and eradicate, but the signs are there that we are transitioning to a better style which will in time I'm sure result in more positive results

1 hour ago, afc1903mad said:

Ramsay and MacKenzie are two for a start.

I also like the way we are dominating games far more. We've dominated Ross County, Motherwell, St Johnstone and St Mirren (until Jenks sending off) and just needed to be a bit more clinical to get the all important first goal.

Were trying to keep possession more instead of just lumping it long.

Of course there are negatives as well which we have to work on and eradicate, but the signs are there that we are transitioning to a better style which will in time I'm sure result in more positive results

We have loads of possession, yet manage to create nothing...