Fuck Dave Cormack

Dave Cormack is an absolute joke of a man. 

I genuinely believed he was going to be a breath of fresh air, says all the right stuff, he sacked an underperforming manager all for what? To hire his mate who has fuck all credentials.

Proven managers are available, Alex Neil has just become available and here we are away to appoint Stephen Glass. It's an absolute joke.

Did he even speak to Fergie? Did he even interview anyone else bar Glass? Does he even want the best for Aberdeen Football Club?

It's an absolute shambles.

Glass will have my full support but Dave doesn't, all my respect for him has completely gone. I can see us being in a dire state in a few seasons, Newcastle type situation where we are stuck with a Chairman who is on another planet. 

• Haha 4
  • Downvote 4
  • Dildo 24

1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

A bit of pre-judging going on here.

My instinct says the OP is more than likely to be right but it's premature to be anything other than conjecture right now and we should all hope for the best. The least he deserves is time. 

Agree

Lets get behind the new team and save the tantrums for when it goes tits up 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

A bit of pre-judging going on here.

My instinct says the OP is more than likely to be right but it's premature to be anything other than conjecture right now and we should all hope for the best. The least he deserves is time. 

Scott Burns has all but confirmed it on twitter.

The 12 interviews was clearly a heap of bollocks

Graham Hunter was clearly on the money when he said he knew who the new manager was.

McInnes had to go and hopefully we can do something next season as the last thing anyone wants is folk harping on about mcinnes would have been better.

I think the board will back glass and co with some decent players this summer.

3 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Graham Hunter was clearly on the money when he said he knew who the new manager was.

McInnes had to go and hopefully we can do something next season as the last thing anyone wants is folk harping on about mcinnes would have been better.

They will have to. There is no doubt this appointment is a real risk and could blow up in their face, and a lack of investment in new players would only increase that chance.

I’ve no issue with having some youngsters fill the bench, most people on here have certainly said they’d rather see that than wasters like Ojo, Main etc filling the squad, but the starting 11 requires significant investment.

4 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I really hope he does back him.

I'm just finding it hard to get behind a chairman who is clearly lying to the fans of his club. Interviewing boys my arse.

Just now, The_Next_Legend said:

I really hope he does back him.

I'm just finding it hard to get behind a chairman who is clearly lying to the fans of his club. Interviewing boys my arse.

If you look at the three transfer windows he had with mcinnes then he really backed him in the first two and had probably decided he was sacking him by the third one so hence the 'we are not signing anybody' line in early january.

I think he really did support him those first two windows.

For Glass I think he'll make funds available for a couple of signings on fees and decent wages for bosman signings and loans.

Just now, rocket_scientist said:

Nobody's disputing that. You missed my points completely. 

I get your points.

My opinion is it is a joke and the whole situation is a shambles. Maybe I am pre mature on my views but it's firmly what I'm believing just now.

Glass might be a terrific manager, Cormack has maybe played a blinder - but he's completely lied to us, if Glass was always going to the be man in charge, why come out and say you're considering other managers when it's clear as day you're not.

Glass's tenure has absolutely nothing to scream about, his record is shite and there's far better proven managers out there. The fact Cormack is away to hire him is a joke IMO.

3 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

If you look at the three transfer windows he had with mcinnes then he really backed him in the first two and had probably decided he was sacking him by the third one so hence the 'we are not signing anybody' line in early january.

For Glass I think he'll make funds available for a couple of signings on fees and decent wages for bosman signings and loans.

Fingers crossed, i agree that McInnes was definiely not backed in the latest window - and rightly so. The money he wasted was undeserving of any support.

The only thing I'd say is from a mental health perspective Alex Neil was nowhere near ready to join us after Preston. His last interview was about how he was away to hide under the covers for days. He definitely had the looks of someone who needs a break from football. 

Glass will look suave as fuck when we see him later. It'll be a good few months of watching Ash Taylor before he's broken. 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, The_Next_Legend said:

I genuinely believed he was going to be a breath of fresh air, says all the right stuff, he sacked an underperforming manager all for what? To hire his mate who has fuck all credentials.

Proven managers are available, Alex Neil has just become available and here we are away to appoint Stephen Glass. It's an absolute joke.

Did he even speak to Fergie? Did he even interview anyone else bar Glass? Does he even want the best for Aberdeen Football Club?

Glass will have my full support but Dave doesn't, all my respect for him has completely gone. I can see us being in a dire state in a few seasons, Newcastle type situation where we are stuck with a Chairman who is on another planet. 

Should we not wait & see how it goes first before this OTT stuff?

2 hours ago, Tord31 said:

My question would be who’s doing the scouting/recruitment?

Presumably Russ Richardson has left too.

Stephen Glass hasn’t worked in British football for a decade or so?

2 hours ago, The_Next_Legend said:

Think you need to chill out and see how it unfolds. 

6 minutes ago, RUL said:

The only thing I'd say is from a mental health perspective Alex Neil was nowhere near ready to join us after Preston. His last interview was about how he was away to hide under the covers for days. He definitely had the looks of someone who needs a break from football. 

Glass will look suave as fuck when we see him later. It'll be a good few months of watching Ash Taylor before he's broken. 

If he drops ash straight away he will have my support 

6 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Russ Richardson is Head of Recruitment.

That didn't stop McInnes or Cormack bypassing him plenty.

I wouldnt be surprised if lots of McInnes' recruits (staff members) leave in the next 14 months.

In the short term the 10 signings required will need to be from Glass, Brown and Russell's existing knowledge.

2 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Russ Richardson is Head of Recruitment.

That didn't stop McInnes or Cormack bypassing him plenty.

I wouldnt be surprised if lots of McInnes' recruits (staff members) leave in the next 14 months.

In the short term the 10 signings required will need to be from Glass, Brown and Russell's existing knowledge.

He still there? FFS, not what I wanted to hear. 

2 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Have faith in Dave, if you don't then just don't go. Being negative before we even hear the plans is bizarre, I'll be buying a season, never really minded Brown or Griffiths, I welcome them both. Exciting times are hear again, bring on the league!!

I agree, we need to give it time, but it doesn’t mean we can’t express concerns about how we think it’ll go. 

35 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Hopefully means an end to signing shite from the over rated guff leagues then