Fuck Dave Cormack

5 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

It seems fairly obvious with hindsight that Cormack's arrival signaled the end of McInnes, and McInnes was aware of that pretty early on. 

His failure to change tactics significantly, his uninspiring signings, his excuses-by-rote after match interviews, and the complete lack of all enthusiasm for the job was a clear message that he was done, even before it all came to a head this year.

Sheerin's failure to apparently give much of a fuck either seems to show that he also knew he wasn't getting the job, and that whatever happened during his time in charge was irrelevant to the outcome. So he didn't even bother to change things up, instead just sending out a McInnes team right down to the exact timing McInnes would be making his like for like and pointless substitutions. Then his 'I don't really give a fuck' post defeat interview... puzzling at the time, but making perfect sense now. 

Cormack's clearly been blowing smoke up our arses regarding interviewing folk for the job, since Glass was almost certainly the only candidate from day one. And presumably the recently sacked management team picked up on that. 

But knowing what we know now, McInnes was simply a dead man walking, so for sure he gave no fucks. 

If you know you're getting punted as soon as your new boss gets the chance you're probably not going to do your best work. You're going to hang around for your pay-off, and do the bare minimum in the meantime. 

Will be interested if the energetic McInnes who won the League Cup will re-emerge when he finds another gig.

spacer.png

It was Cormack who went to Florida to convince McInnes to stay when Sunderland were interested. 

Cormack was very much a part of the set up and team who decided to give DMC a new contract after finishing 4th the first time. 

Cormack also came out and backed him earlier on this bad run, which he didn't have to do, he gave him the benefit of the doubt. 

I think Cormack is a fan of Glass anyway, and what's transpired isn't some conspiracy where Cormack was always going to replace McInnes. 

Derek lost his job for his teams inability to entertain, score goals and an inability to qualify for Europe proper on any of the 7 occasions he was tasked with, he lost his job because he was being given decent money to spend, but kept having to rectify his own mistakes in the transfer market, and above all he lost his job because fans were fed up hearing the same bleating shite after every poor result.

I think Cormack would rather have not had such a big decision to make this early in his time as AFC chairman, the pressure clearly became too much and he had to act.

He was being grossly overpaid for what he was providing the club, and I think on a subconscious level he got complacent. 

12 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

It seems fairly obvious with hindsight that Cormack's arrival signaled the end of McInnes, and McInnes was aware of that pretty early on. 

His failure to change tactics significantly, his uninspiring signings, his excuses-by-rote after match interviews, and the complete lack of all enthusiasm for the job was a clear message that he was done, even before it all came to a head this year.

Sheerin's failure to apparently give much of a fuck either seems to show that he also knew he wasn't getting the job, and that whatever happened during his time in charge was irrelevant to the outcome. So he didn't even bother to change things up, instead just sending out a McInnes team right down to the exact timing McInnes would be making his like for like and pointless substitutions. Then his 'I don't really give a fuck' post defeat interview... puzzling at the time, but making perfect sense now. 

Cormack's clearly been blowing smoke up our arses regarding interviewing folk for the job, since Glass was almost certainly the only candidate from day one. And presumably the recently sacked management team picked up on that. 

But knowing what we know now, McInnes was simply a dead man walking, so for sure he gave no fucks. 

If you know you're getting punted as soon as your new boss gets the chance you're probably not going to do your best work. You're going to hang around for your pay-off, and do the bare minimum in the meantime. 

Will be interested if the energetic McInnes who won the League Cup will re-emerge when he finds another gig.

spacer.png

I'd be surprised like. I dont think Derek and Tony have the desire anymore. Will do enough to take over an spfl team and get them top six for two seasons maybe but beyond that I'm not convinced

4 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

It was Cormack who went to Florida to convince McInnes to stay when Sunderland were interested. 

Cormack was very much a part of the set up and team who decided to give DMC a new contract after finishing 4th the first time. 

Cormack also came out and backed him earlier on this bad run, which he didn't have to do, he gave him the benefit of the doubt. 

I think Cormack is a fan of Glass anyway, and what's transpired isn't some conspiracy where Cormack was always going to replace McInnes. 

Derek lost his job for his teams inability to entertain, score goals and an inability to qualify for Europe proper on any of the 7 occasions he was tasked with, he lost his job because he was being given decent money to spend, but kept having to rectify his own mistakes in the transfer market, and above all he lost his job because fans were fed up hearing the same bleating shite after every poor result.

I think Cormack would rather have not had such a big decision to make this early in his time as AFC chairman, the pressure clearly became too much and he had to act.

He was being grossly overpaid for what he was providing the club, and I think on a subconscious level he got complacent. 

At that point McInnes' stock was still high, that League cup was fairly fresh in our minds, and the football we were playing was more than decent. We naturally assumed that would continue, and Cormack likely did too. 

We started losing creative players shortly thereafter, and they weren't properly replaced...  guys like Hayes, McGinn, McLean, Jack who gave us our attacking impetus... and things started to turn against him. 

This has been years in the making, and the break up of that team was likely the catalyst. 

1 hour ago, Jocky Balboa said:

I'm going to give it a chance. Whatever anyone thinks of Cormack, he is no fool and knows both his reputation AND legacy are stacked in getting this right. Whether Glass's appointment has been on the cards ever since he became Chairman or not, there seems to be a firm consensus among us that McInnes's time was up (some, like myself, think that time was at least one and a half seasons ago).

Despite his lack of top level experience, I can say that he doesn't seem the type who would be happy with 4th in the league 3 years running, exiting Europe in the 3rd round every year and just 1 trophy in 8 years. Let's see if his ability matches his ambition. He deserves his chance.

A slight note of caution.  I’ll accept the view of someone who has actually come 3rd to then say things like that’s not enough. 

On 3/23/2021 at 9:45 AM, Joe pike said:

Cormack has hardly had a chance with no crowds for the last year.

On 3/23/2021 at 9:56 AM, strachanmcgheegoal said:

....and yet has got off very lightly precisely because there are no crowds.

Catch 22.

No crowds, no gate money.

If Cormack had the gate money he could have possibly addressed issues to a better extent (and been further down the road with his 'vision').

On the flip side, if the pandemic delayed us from breaking ground at Kingswells then it has given us the time and opportunity needed for the possibility of a new stadium at the beach.

On 3/24/2021 at 3:25 AM, Hoppy said:

Close this thread pls

Why? The guys entitled to air his views.

Personally, I've got an open mind about it all but feel Cormack has put all his 'money' on Glass. He's twisted and it's very possible he will be bust if it all turns to shit.

4 hours ago, alscotoz said:

Why? The guys entitled to air his views.

Personally, I've got an open mind about it all but feel Cormack has put all his 'money' on Glass. He's twisted and it's very possible he will be bust if it all turns to shit.

I think he means because we have a Cormack thread already and then the same conversations crop up. "Well done Cormack" thread incoming when we the cup ?

• 6 months later...
On 3/23/2021 at 10:12 AM, The_Next_Legend said:

Dave Cormack is an absolute joke of a man. 

I genuinely believed he was going to be a breath of fresh air, says all the right stuff, he sacked an underperforming manager all for what? To hire his mate who has fuck all credentials.

Proven managers are available, Alex Neil has just become available and here we are away to appoint Stephen Glass. It's an absolute joke.

Did he even speak to Fergie? Did he even interview anyone else bar Glass? Does he even want the best for Aberdeen Football Club?

It's an absolute shambles.

Glass will have my full support but Dave doesn't, all my respect for him has completely gone. I can see us being in a dire state in a few seasons, Newcastle type situation where we are stuck with a Chairman who is on another planet. 

The proper sage of Omaha. 

1 hour ago, Ernie McCracken said:

I dread to think what the Cormack pies are full of. 

Cormack ‘meat’. Some also have Cormack Mash and Cormack beans on the top.

Neither are very good, sales have been slow, but he stands behind his decision to launch them, despite the performance of proven pies that have all performed better . He could have invested in those pies, but he wanted to put his own pie stamp on things, despite the fact it’s not a market he knows well.

7 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

Cormack ‘meat’. Some also have Cormack Mash and Cormack beans on the top.

Neither are very good, sales have been slow, but he stands behind his decision to launch them, despite the performance of proven pies that have all performed better . He could have invested in those pies, but he wanted to put his own pie stamp on things, despite the fact it’s not a market he knows well.

Cooked in snake oil 

• Haha 1
  • 5 months later...

A few in here must be stuffed with humble pie after seeing how this shitshow has all panned out.

The ego chairman running the club into the ground, was obvious from day 1 and the happy clappers lapped up his pish. OP called it earlier and some of the dossers on here demanded the thread closed.

No faith that this gets any better next season, playing fraserborough in the league cup groups christ. 

• Upvote 2
53 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Why can't he just supply the money, but stfu and employ actual football people to do footballing things

His legacy would be superb if he just did that 

Exactly. 

If he'd appointed a football person to the DoF role instead of Gunn then everyone would have seen the sense. 

Gunn could have stuck to being head of the admin and compliance stuff 

• Upvote 1

I'm going to wait and see what happens between the end of the season and the beginning of next in terms of recruitment and, if any, restructuring, before I jump on the hate-bus regards Cormack.  

Cormack's had his fun, appointed his mate to a position he had no business occupying, and generally made a cunt of the whole situation. And if we didn't have Dundee in the league I think we'd be a lot more concerned about the prospect of relegation than we currently are. 

Next season we need to be back in the mix at the top of the table, playing to the strengths of the players we have, not to the strengths we wish they had. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
15 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

I'm going to wait and see what happens between the end of the season and the beginning of next in terms of recruitment and, if any, restructuring, before I jump on the hate-bus regards Cormack.  

Cormack's had his fun, appointed his mate to a position he had no business occupying, and generally made a cunt of the whole situation. And if we didn't have Dundee in the league I think we'd be a lot more concerned about the prospect of relegation than we currently are. 

Next season we need to be back in the mix at the top of the table, playing to the strengths of the players we have, not to the strengths we wish they had. 

Seems quite sensible for this place.