Scott Brown signs pre-contract with Aberdeen

1 minute ago, shinniesta1 said:

Purely as a player - Celtic fans have been complaining constantly whenever they see him in the starting line up, is he really good enough anymore?

No he isn’t 

& he is even more worthless (on the pitch) to us without the 75 minutes of ‘free pass’ he gets from refs at Celtic before getting his ‘persistent’ fouling card once the games are in the bag.

I won’t deny that I believe his attitude will be a bonus in the dressing room etc. though but as a player I really think he is a wasted shirt

1 minute ago, fine-n-dandy said:

No he isn’t 

& he is even more worthless (on the pitch) to us without the 75 minutes of ‘free pass’ he gets from refs at Celtic before getting his ‘persistent’ fouling card once the games are in the bag.

I won’t deny that I believe his attitude will be a bonus in the dressing room etc. though but as a player I really think he is a wasted shirt

One point I've heard is that they haven't managed his playing time well at all. We've got 3 young midfielders that we will want to give gametime to as well, so I could see us playing him sparingly, but he'd be at his best when he does.

Just now, shinniesta1 said:

One point I've heard is that they haven't managed his playing time well at all. We've got 3 young midfielders that we will want to give gametime to as well, so I could see us playing him sparingly, but he'd be at his best when he does.

Yeah. That's how I see it. He'll not be playing 90 minutes every week. 

4 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

No he isn’t 

The one and only time I would agree with you. 

Didn’t think I’d ever see Scott brown signing for Aberdeen.

Even if he doesn’t play if his mentality rubs off on our three centre midfielders and I never have to see ojo in an aberdeen strip again I’ll be more than happy. 3 players starting from 5 of Ferguson mccrorie mcgeough Campbell and brown would be pretty good in my book 

1 minute ago, sheepcrooky said:

Was he not MOM last week v sevco?

Yep in a non competitive match against a Hun side whose season had just ended after winning the league the game before and exiting Europe.

When they needed him to turn up in the competitive matches earlier in the season he was thoroughly ineffective. Don't see him being the huge influence on the park that he would have been if he'd signed two years previously.

2 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Excuse me for not wanking myself into oblivion over a clearly well past his best Scott Brown signing for a season before he retires.

I assume he won’t be on a small wage either so best hope this isn’t as good as it gets.

Not many are wanking themselves in to oblivion, it's smart move looking at the bigger picture, he's the type of guy we've missed for years and his influence could easily rub off on our younger players which in turn makes them better.

9 minutes ago, shinniesta1 said:

Purely as a player - Celtic fans have been complaining constantly whenever they see him in the starting line up, is he really good enough anymore?

i don't believe that its primarily as a player that we're signing him its more to do with attitude behind the scenes and developing a better mentality amongst the squad particularly the young players, I doubt he'll play every game but you never know

2 minutes ago, eddiec said:

i don't believe that its primarily as a player that we're signing him its more to do with attitude behind the scenes and developing a better mentality amongst the squad particularly the young players, I doubt he'll play every game but you never know

Aye I was just wondering about the player-side of it all

He will truly be a wee lamb when he realises he hasn’t got the man in black on side. Opposition players will be giving him shite from first whistle now that his invisibility cloak is lost.

He will then shite it & deliberately get sent off ASAP to get away from them. He’s a wee shitebag in reality 

• Downvote 2

He is not the player he was, as has been obvious, but still a good signing for us if he is deployed wisely and avoids injury.  He will add grit, experience and leadership in midfield.

While he is in the twilight of his career (and is chiefly coming to get backroom experience) that is the caliber of player we need if we are to progress.