Scott Brown signs pre-contract with Aberdeen

31 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

Welcome aboard Andy Robertson.

Exaggerated my point. 

Trophy after trophy for Brooner, tho. 

All aboard 

2 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

He started plenty of games last season, and was offered a contract at Celtic, lol. 

He had a poor season by his own standards, and Celtics standards last season, but there were only about 3 Celtic players who would've got pass marks from their fans last campaign. 

One bad season in a 15 year career and suddenly he's past it? Do me a favour. 

Only dons fans could find the signing of the most successful Scottish player of the last 20 years, an issue. I had my issues for non footballing reasons at first, but moved past it. 

In both a playing and non-playing capacity it's a great signing for the club. 

Having someone with high personal standards can only benefit AFC, how often do we, as fans, bemoan our teams lack of bottle? 

Just ride the Brooner wave and get on wi it. 

Top professional and a born winner and leader.

Lets ah dee ih Brooner ?? 

His legs are gone and he will have to work a lot harder at Aberdeen than he has at Celtic. Do I think he will be up to it? Not really. Is he any good in a management role? Nobody has a clue. Given he will be on a decent wage (I would assume) it’s not a great signing for me. 

An absolute certainty to be banned for parts of the season too. I think this has disaster written all over it.

3 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

His legs are gone and he will have to work a lot harder at Aberdeen than he has at Celtic. Do I think he will be up to it? Not really. Is he any good in a management role? Nobody has a clue. Given he will be on a decent wage (I would assume) it’s not a great signing for me. 

An absolute certainty to be banned for parts of the season too. I think this has disaster written all over it.

100% his sending offs and bookings will increase now he is in red and white.

16 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Think there's some truth in what you say, but we don't know at the moment. Triumph and disaster are both possible.

12 hours ago, Stoneybloke said:

Will he apologise to the Celtic fans if he scores against them, just like McGinn did?

Im thinking more of the 30 yd knee slide to the Y after his injury time winner over the hun before embarking on the 70 yd Windass dash to celebrate with the RDS just coincidentally taking him past the gutted Orcs on the way.

(For BHL's benefit, yes, his inclusion will no doubt turn our hun tie into a debacle anyway, and not in a good way, and I admit, again, that its unlikely the boy will be fit for a 70 yd dash in the 90th minute anywhere anyway.) 

31 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Im thinking more of the 30 yd knee slide to the Y after his injury time winner over the hun before embarking on the 70 yd Windass dash to celebrate with the RDS just coincidentally taking him past the gutted Orcs on the way.

(For BHL's benefit, yes, his inclusion will no doubt turn our hun tie into a debacle anyway, and not in a good way, and I admit, again, that its unlikely the boy will be fit for a 70 yd dash in the 90th minute anywhere anyway.) 

One of my favourite goal celebrations was between Windass and Dodds. They'd obviously worked on a routine where Dodds slid through Deano's legs before Dodds turned round and celebrated with Deano.

It was executed perfectly down at Tynecastle at the Gorgie end and what made it funny was that  Dodds was offside and Deano knew it but still let Dodds celbrate in the routine regardless

• Haha 1
  • Dildo 1

I am totally meh about Brown in the playing sense for us for most part as I really don’t rate him as a player & his biggest strengths/influence on pitch is lost in an Aberdeen shirt without refs protection.

I am however optimistic/hopeful for what he can bring mentally & in coaching sense. I will expect bonuses from this side more so than his playing abilities.

As for his undoubted increased numbers of yellow/red cards he will potentially also gain us a few cards from opponents as now his protective green & white cloak has gone players will definitely be having more digs on him. Actually looking forward to seeing how all this turns out because there can be no doubts he winds up players & not just opposition fans

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...