Scott Brown signs pre-contract with Aberdeen

13 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Isn't apologising for racism almost as bad as being racist? 

I think everyone is forgetting how the situation went down. Logan got his name dragged through the papers by Brown and Deila by their assertion that Tonev "did not say it" and he "doesn't come in here and lie." 

Logans been hounded by the Celtic support since, now that the Sky cameras were watching Glen Kamara gets a wee bosie? 

I ken footballers are thick but they have to take some sort of responsibility for their role in things. 

Your original point was that signing Brown puts AFC in a bad light on their anti-racism position and creates a problem that needs to be addressed. Then you say Brown was not the perpetrator.

How in fuck can AFC be criticised on anti-racism failings for employing Brown (other than on some contrived desperate pish argument) if he's not guilty of racism?

AFC mind - nae Brown, Tonev, Delia or anyone else.

Edit: who the fuck is apologising for racism while I'm at it?

4 minutes ago, spamspamspam said:

I think you're reinventing "how the situation went down".

Logan claims Tonev called him a racist name

Tonev denied it

Brown backs his team mate

SPFL hold "investigation"

Believed Logan because he was clear in concise, in his mother tongue

Tonev didnt take a translator. SPFL thought he came across shifty

Celtic stand by their player.

If it was an Aberdeen player being accused of making a racist comment and they point blank denied it would you want them hounded out the club or backed? 

I would expect the club to say "we stand with our player." 

Not, "we know he didn't say it."

Which is essentially what the Slavia players are doing just now re Kamara, when it's clear something racist was said.

1 minute ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Your original point was that signing Brown puts AFC in a bad light on their anti-racism position and creates a problem that needs to be addressed. Then you say Brown was not the perpetrator.

How in fuck can AFC be criticised on anti-racism failings for employing Brown (other than on some contrived desperate pish argument) if he's not guilty of racism?

AFC mind - nae Brown, Tonev, Delia or anyone else.

I've covered that numerous times now

5 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

No. You've criticised Brown on it.

Why are AFC failing on anti-racism? 

No. If you scroll and read you'll see what I'm on about.

15 minutes ago, spamspamspam said:

I think you're reinventing "how the situation went down".

Logan claims Tonev called him a racist name

Tonev denied it

Brown backs his team mate

SPFL hold "investigation"

Believed Logan because he was clear in concise, in his mother tongue

Tonev didnt take a translator. SPFL thought he came across shifty

Celtic stand by their player.

If it was an Aberdeen player being accused of making a racist comment and they point blank denied it would you want them hounded out the club or backed? 

Exactly this. 

I could understand the outrage of we were signing Tonev but getting upset because Brown backed his team mate 7 years ago is way over the top IMO. 

13 minutes ago, spamspamspam said:

Logan said he forgot about it as soon as the SPFL thing was finished.

If he's not bothered why are you? 

Well said spam. And that’s what the moaning faced racists on here should do Black-  white -brown -pink -or -yellow,   move on and stop looking for an excuse to bend your knees.    Do Scots have protest marches when their called jocks. Do the English when their called lymes,  Canadians called Kanooks, or whites been called white trash by blacks, a ginger nut when he’s called a baboon.   I agree a black shouldn’t be called an ape or a monkey I’ve worked with blacks and like whites most are the nicest people you could have worked with also some are the nastiest you could ever wish to come across.      What pisses me off is the BLM movement,  Where was all the kneeling and taking the knees and protests  for all those who have been  beheaded by the savages from the Middle East. ????????????? .  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
8 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Exactly this. 

I could understand the outrage of we were signing Tonev but getting upset because Brown backed his team mate 7 years ago is way over the top IMO. 

You don't think it's wide of Scott Brown to come out and say "we know he didn't say it" and "we know he doesn't come in here and lie" all across the back pages? 

This resulted in giving Celtic fans carte Blanche to abuse, ridicule and deny Shay Logan. Now, Brown couldn't have known that at the time, I respect that, but he has to take some sort of responsibility for what transpired. 

Especially when you look at his behaviour just now with the Kamara situation, an adult and someone in the public eye, like him, should be consistent. 

5 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Twice you've said you've covered it too.

You've said plenty on the Tonev incident, but I've yet to see anything that backs up your original assertion AFC are failing on anti-racism

By employing a racist apologist who has not reproached on anything he said about the incident. 

That much is clear.

4 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

You don't think it's wide of Scott Brown to come out and say "we know he didn't say it" and "we know he doesn't come in here and lie" all across the back pages? 

This resulted in giving Celtic fans carte Blanche to abuse, ridicule and deny Shay Logan. Now, Brown couldn't have known that at the time, I respect that, but he has to take some sort of responsibility for what transpired. 

Especially when you look at his behaviour just now with the Kamara situation, an adult and someone in the public eye, like him, should be consistent. 

He doesn’t have to do anything. The incident was 7 years ago and has been forgotten about before virtue signalling freaks have dredged it up in their crusade to be mock offended about it.  How do you know that he hasn’t spoken to Logan about it in the past for example? It’s pretty clear everybody has moved on from it apart from egotistical apologists seeking to show the world on social media how pure of spirit they are. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2
15 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I think it was a very poor choice of words. Not so poor that I'm pissy about it 7 years on though. 

15 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Little doubt that's why the abuse of Logan began. However it'd have began even if Brown had said "Tonev tells us he didn't say that and we believe him". 

18 hours ago, YoungLoon said:

So a team of non thinking thugs then?

Nope a team that will put 100 percent into the full 90 minutes any which way but loose and stop spouting shit in the Evening Express making up excuses for getting thumped by the likes of Ross county etc etc etc  then spout off  what their going to do to make up for their total failure to put the ball in the back of the net. Thugs that can score and have a wining mentality to bring the 3 points home will do it for me.   

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

Pleased with this signing.

We've been crying out for strong personalities in our squad, because frankly we've currently got a team full of pussies.

I couldn't stand Brown. He was the pantomime villan everyone loved to hate. But he was a player everyone wanted in their team. He may be in the twilight years of his playing career I'm positive he'll have an impact. 

More of this please. 

Absolutely spot on, KSL min. 

Our team is riddled with soulless fearties, a fact that has resulted in one of our worst runs of form in our club's history since the end of October 2020. 

The signing of Brown shows that both Glass and Cormack have quickly identified this fact and have acted accordingly.

For fucks sake, give credit where credit is due and this is certainly one of these occasions, something we have not had the opportunity to celebrate over recent times with our quite frankly woeful recruitment.

I really get mugged off when certain individuals feel the need to nitpick for the sake of it, purely to make themselves feel better about life as they are incredibly socially deficient and pathetic. 

Ok Brown is a rat but he's oor rat now.

5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I think it was a very poor choice of words. Not so poor that I'm pissy about it 7 years on though. 

Little doubt that's why the abuse of Logan began. However it'd have began even if Brown had said "Tonev tells us he didn't say that and we believe him". 

Thanks for agreeing with me, he should take some responsibility. 

16 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

He doesn’t have to do anything. The incident was 7 years ago and has been forgotten about before virtue signalling freaks have dredged it up in their crusade to be mock offended about it.  How do you know that he hasn’t spoken to Logan about it in the past for example? It’s pretty clear everybody has moved on from it apart from egotistical apologists seeking to show the world on social media how pure of spirit they are. 

I have no doubt that some peoples intention on the issue, I'm just trying to be consistent with my own views. I can't claim to be anti-racist then chuck it out the window because my club made a signing I was ultimately pleased with.

I'm much more pure of spirit than that.

19 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Ironic cause all you've done the last 24 hours is cry your fucking eyes out about Brown, Logan apology, Tonev, Racism.

Shut the fuck up min.

Cry more

1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I have no doubt that some peoples intention on the issue, I'm just trying to be consistent with my own views. I can't claim to be anti-racist then chuck it out the window because my club made a signing I was ultimately pleased with.

I'm much more pure of spirit than that.

You criticise AFC on anti-racism standards for employing a boy you already said wasn't guilty of a racist act, for consistency of your personal convictions. 

Nae bother ?

Just now, frankie_mac's_4 said:

You criticise AFC on anti-racism standards for employing a boy you already said wasn't guilty of a racist act, for consistency of your personal convictions. 

Nae bother ?

Holy fuck

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I think Logan has been more than a decent servant to AFC, at his peak ultra consistent and absolutely loved being an AFC player. 

I think he deserves better than everybody fawning over a guy who allowed his integrity to be questioned, and essentially started a mass pile on, when all Logan did was report what was said to him.

It might not affect my personal day to day life, but I still think it's an issue. 

Carragher and Henderson apologised to Evra years later, admitting they got it wrong re racism with Suarez. It can be done, for me, the wrong can still be righted. 

Edit to add: 

I think Scott Brown is a decent guy but he needs to acknowledge his part in the problem there. 

Do you believe it was fair of the FA to ban Luis Suarez for the equivalent of 8 matches for allegedly racially abusing Patrice Evra, purely on the basis of a possibility occurring without hard, admissible evidence? Myself personally, I don't.

Identically, the Tonev and Logan incident was based purely on one man's word against another, regardless what may have been actually said or what we choose to believe. A fair due process cannot therefore be legitimately concluded to reach a rightful and legal verdict. 

Either way the FA's verdict was not based or given on the lawful notions of "beyond all reasonable doubt" or on "the balance of probability", therefore was wrong and unlawful, and ultimately Suarez should not have been banned.