Scott Brown signs pre-contract with Aberdeen

13 hours ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Yet you were waffling aboot signing him would've been impressive 6 years ago :nutter:

Another one that struggles with reading and comprehension.

13 hours ago, wullfo said:

I agree, he’s not coming here for pennies. He will be on a good wedge that’s for sure.

Why do you think he’s signed up with us when he probably could have received a better offer where he is?

My belief is he has bought into what Cormack and Glass want to achieve, and that should be exciting for us.
Its maybe shite, we will know soon enough, I’d rather not criticise ambition after the dire stuff we have witnessed these last years.

I think he’s deserting a sinking ship at Celtic and we likely have offered a good wedge. I don’t really see what he can achieve at Aberdeen that he hasn’t already.

13 hours ago, DelMonte said:

BHL spends years defending McInnes and the club against everyone on here. 

McInnes leaves and the club sign Scott Brown, most on here are happy with it and suddenly BHL doesn’t stick up for the club and isn’t happy with it. 

He’s not going against the grain for attention though...

Just because I’m not wanking myself into oblivion over Scott brown?

I stuck up for McInnes as I believed he was the right man for Aberdeen, I agreed he had to go in the end. As for “not sticking up for the club” over brown and glass I’m not the only one. I feel pretty disgusted how many of our fans are willing to roll over and do tricks for this cunt, the thought of everyone chanting “broony” makes me feel slightly sick. He’s not even that good a player now ffs.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Thanks for agreeing with me, he should take some responsibility. 

I don't agree with you. I think you're being a drama Queen. 

I don't want Scott brown to utter a fucking word about this nonsense. In fact, I'd fully support him giving Logan a good hiding before the useless attention seeking fud leaves. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
53 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Holy fuck

Consi, you're getting your knickers in a twist over nothing here. 

Aberdeen aren't employing a racist. 

The situation was dealt with 7 years ago. 

All Brown said at the time was that he believed his team mate.  He didn't say that he condoned racism in any shape or form.  He didn't have a case to answer then and he doesn't now either. 

• Downvote 1
3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Consi, you're getting your knickers in a twist over nothing here. 

Aberdeen aren't employing a racist. 

The situation was dealt with 7 years ago. 

All Brown said at the time was that he believed his team mate.  He didn't say that he condoned racism in any shape or form.  He didn't have a case to answer then and he doesn't now either. 

Even after his team mate was found guilty. 

11 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I don't agree with you. I think you're being a drama Queen. 

I don't want Scott brown to utter a fucking word about this nonsense. In fact, I'd fully support him giving Logan a good hiding before the useless attention seeking fud leaves. 

"Nonsense."

An Aberdeen player was called a b*** cunt by a Celtic player and Scott Brown stood behind the aggressor even after he was found guilty by an independent panel. His defence was that he didn't actually know what "cunt" meant. 

Kin' hell. 

1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Even after his team mate was found guilty. 

Loads of people are found guilty in courts every day.  There will be people that still believe many of them they are innocent.  Most times they will be guilty but some cases they actually will be innocent. 

There's much bigger fish to fry than digging up this as a stick to beat Brown on his position on racism when he doesn't have a case to answer. 

And I'd say this regardless of whether he was coming here or not. 

1 hour ago, Lencarl said:

Browns first job is to have the players huddle before our matches.

It will be called "The Bosie"

He better not attempt to bring that shite here with him.

Which manager was it who thought it was a good idea to do it here a while ago? Probably McGhee so he'd feel better about missing out on the Celtic job.

48 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

"Nonsense."

An Aberdeen player was called a b*** cunt by a Celtic player and Scott Brown stood behind the aggressor even after he was found guilty by an independent panel. His defence was that he didn't actually know what "cunt" meant. 

Kin' hell. 

For what it’s worth it’s alleged he was called that. It was one word against the other. I believe Logan but you can’t cry about Brown saying he knows what happened then pretend to know what happened yourself.

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, The Cockney Don said:

Those of us that hate him, what we supposed to do now, are we allowed to express our disapproval.

I'm someone who usually gets behind the manager and players, although i wouldn't class myself as a happy clapper.

I''m a bit bamboozled by it all.

Why him.

When your face is itchy, but you have make up on so you can't itch it. -  GIF on Imgur

At least he's not Palestinian 

40 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

For what it’s worth it’s alleged he was called that. It was one word against the other. I believe Logan but you can’t cry about Brown saying he knows what happened then pretend to know what happened yourself.

That's what he does.

"Two thoughts, same time" according to him.

He's being a hypocritical zoomer according to me ?

51 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

I choose to believe people when they say that they've been racially abused. If anything, it's done Logan no favours in suggesting he was called what he was called. 

Im not pretending to know what happened, I'm saying I believe Logan, and SB is a huge hypocrite prick. 

10 minutes ago, NEM said:

That's what he does.

"Two thoughts, same time" according to him.

He's being a hypocritical zoomer according to me ?

It's a prerequisite that only 2 people can know 100% what happened. 

33 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

It's a prerequisite that only 2 people can know 100% what happened. 

That's not entirely true. 

There's my perception of the truth 

Your perception of the truth 

And the actual truth 

All three might be the same or completely different depending on the accuracy of the perceptions. 

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

That's not entirely true. 

There's my perception of the truth 

Your perception of the truth 

And the actual truth 

All three might be the same or completely different depending on the accuracy of the perceptions. 

Which one makes the noise when the tree falls? 

2 hours ago, The Cockney Don said:

Those of us that hate him, what we supposed to do now, are we allowed to express our disapproval.

I'm someone who usually gets behind the manager and players, although i wouldn't class myself as a happy clapper.

I''m a bit bamboozled by it all.

Why him.

When your face is itchy, but you have make up on so you can't itch it. -  GIF on Imgur

Add him to your prediction league

That'll fuck him off no end

52 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I choose to believe people when they say that they've been racially abused. If anything, it's done Logan no favours in suggesting he was called what he was called. 

Im not pretending to know what happened, I'm saying I believe Logan, and SB is a huge hypocrite prick. 

This being 2 Footballers who you do not know personally and because one plays for the club you support you automatically take his word over  someone else's, but you criticise Brown for taking the word of someone he actually knows. Makes a lot of sense

We used to sit behind Willie Callaghan ( Falkirk manager) and his assistant Alex Ferguson and slag Ferguson off for 90 minutes . It was at a couple of reserve matches on Wednesday nights. In in those days I hated Ferguson but he took it in good part often answering back, then off to "grab a granny" at the Palace, happy days. Needless to say some time later I revised my opinon.

13 minutes ago, Roberto said:

It's the hope that kills you...

Never know Celtic might go the way of Rangers and eventually The Rangers too. The establishment of Glasgow (built on slavery) might fall then be rebuilt in Aberdeen where we will enjoy the bias and the union terrace gardens will yet be raised and we'll win the league.

Or mebbies not. 

5 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

You are a shite poster, but you are alright "for us".

Folk seem to think everyone that posts on a footie forum is some kind of blogger that gets really hurt feelings if folk don’t like what they write.

Folk that crave popularity & judge it on a footie forum ? Well. Less considered about them the better ?

• Dildo 1
4 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Do you believe it was fair of the FA to ban Luis Suarez for the equivalent of 8 matches for allegedly racially abusing Patrice Evra, purely on the basis of a possibility occurring without hard, admissible evidence? Myself personally, I don't.

Identically, the Tonev and Logan incident was based purely on one man's word against another, regardless what may have been actually said or what we choose to believe. A fair due process cannot therefore be legitimately concluded to reach a rightful and legal verdict. 

Either way the FA's verdict was not based or given on the lawful notions of "beyond all reasonable doubt" or on "the balance of probability", therefore was wrong and unlawful, and ultimately Suarez should not have been banned. 

I couldn’t give two shites about the whole racist (& his support of)  part in all this. I only hate this signing for the playing side of things. He’s shite on pitch basically without protection. I can admit he will very likely be a strong influence for many in the dressing room.

All that said. 

Your comments are BS as it was more than just (as you claim) one mans word against the other from what I remember.

Other players heard it & gave their accounts of it. Hence why the punishment was so long. 
You got sucked into the west coast mafia media machine in full protection mode clearly

3 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Gonna be funny as fk to see all the rage from you plebs on here when Celtic offer Brown basically the same deal we just have & he immediately tells Glass ‘cheers mate but ?

If that means the next Celtic regime has fallen flat on its face then i'd be delighted.

I hope it can happen and we are ready to capitalise.

Both clubs need to change manager and 10 players this summer. Its not easy to get it right straight away

12 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Gonna be funny as fk to see all the rage from you plebs on here when Celtic offer Brown basically the same deal we just have & he immediately tells Glass ‘cheers mate but ?

Do you not think it would have been a better time to offer him that before he signed a pre contract and then made two public statements?

16 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Big shout. You seem convinced this is going to happen, if you are that certain I’ll do you a little wager, I’ll donate £50 to you, or a charity of your choice, if he stays at Celtic and you delete your account if that doesn’t happen by the start of next season? 

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

Big shout. You seem convinced this is going to happen, if you are that certain I’ll do you a little wager, I’ll donate £50 to you, or a charity of your choice, if he stays at Celtic and you delete your account if that doesn’t happen by the start of next season? 

Maybe make the bet he deletes both his and his girlfriends accounts if he loses....

8 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

I don't think he will take you up on your offer, he seems all mouth and no action.....

2 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

That’s not what you said. You’ve stated it as fact a few times, as did Brown.