Scott Brown signs pre-contract with Aberdeen

25 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

Brown is a cunt. But the last great team we had were full of cunts that would kick their granny to win. 

We've had players who were once pantomime villains when we played against them sign for us in the past the likes of Roy Aitken. 

Brown is a proven winner. If he does the business on the pitch and raises the level and mentality of those around him both on the park and on the training pitch I can live with him being a cunt. The more cunts with his desire and winning mentality in a Dons jersey the better as far as I'm concerned. 

Pap on.

I’m assuming YoungLoon won’t remember Roy Aitken in an Aberdeen shirt, he was a more detestable tim than Brown but he gave his all in every game. I think Browns mentality will be the same.

When he halves snake jack in the SC semi final next year and drives us on to the final, will you be wanting a ticket YoungLoon?

• Upvote 3

58 minutes ago, YoungLoon said:

You're championing a man who when one of our own was racially abused, stepped in to defend a racist.

Even if it was a different team's player I still wouldn't want him at our club for doing that, a precedent has now been set that no matter what you do to Aberdeen FC theres a chance we will still take you on.

Hahah oh boy, you need to take a closer look at some of the players we have employed in the past. 

1 hour ago, YoungLoon said:

Fuck Scott Brown, how anyone wants him here after what he's done is beyond me.

With any luck he'll be wearing the away strip and someone will stick the boot in and end his playing career.

It'll be a dark day when he lines up in the red of Aberdeen.

Did you think the same when we signed Bett?....oh wait...he came from??

5 minutes ago, wullfo said:

Pap on.

I’m assuming YoungLoon won’t remember Roy Aitken in an Aberdeen shirt, he was a more detestable tim than Brown but he gave his all in every game. I think Browns mentality will be the same.

When he halves snake jack in the SC semi final next year and drives us on to the final, will you be wanting a ticket YoungLoon?

I’ve seen this a few times, he’s not halved any Rangers players for about ten years.

34 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

He’s not going to be much of a winner unless we rectify the glaring problems in the squad. My concern is that significant money will be spent on brown that could be used elsewhere.

He'll have made his money. We have no idea what he's coming in on, Celtic would've been offering him a hell of a lot more, that's for sure. Despite not being keen on the signing I like the fact he's actually taken the hard option, to come to a club where the fans don't like you, knowing you have to do well. Rather than seeing his days out at Celtic being treated like a king. 

Just now, fine-n-dandy said:

So is it player coach assisting, or player assistant coach? As in Number 2?

Brown No.2 has shite all over it

It says coach in the statement, nothing about assistant manager. Read the statement. 

5 minutes ago, Poodler said:

He needs some strong songs 

Broony on, The Fields of pittodrie 
Where once we watched the small free birds fly
Our love was on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing

Scott Brown bosses  the Fields of pittodrie 

Hey you Mongo over there

Racist mates and zero hair

Eats kebabs, yer legs are gone

Captain of the fuckin' Dons!

It's rare if ever we've brought in such a divisive player - it's not as bad as bringing in say Souness or Roberts but it's not a kick in the ass away. That being said Glass needs someone who knows the Scottish game and its characters intimately and I guess Brown fulfills that role so it's an extremely cautious welcome from me - I'm sure he'll be his usual self against the zombies - I'm hoping for full on commitment against  the green bigots as well. Time will tell.

Remember how Celtic thought they were signing a super star that would put the shits up all opponents just by his presence alone? Roy Keane? How did that work out for them?

same when Huns signed Joey Barton.

This signing for us is our equivalent of both these signings 

Over hyped shite & so many are falling into same childish delusional traps as the arsecheek fans did with them

quite condescending & really quite pathetic 

5 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Remember how Celtic thought they were signing a super star that would put the shits up all opponents just by his presence alone? Roy Keane? How did that work out for them?

same when Huns signed Joey Barton.

This signing for us is our equivalent of both these signings 

Over hyped shite & so many are falling into same childish delusional traps as the arsecheek fans did with them

quite condescending & really quite pathetic 

Thing with that is Keane and Barton had both done fuck all up here and thought they would stroll it. Barton thought he was going to be the best player in division! Least brown knows what it’s about up here and knows what it takes 

The bottom line is that Celtic's current Captain who in his time at Parkhead has achieved:

• 600 Appearances
  • All-time Club record for playing in Europe
  • 10 League titles
  • 12 Cups

Has turned down a chance to earn (insert exorbitant number here) for another year at a team that - regardless of how poor an opinion their fans hold of it - is automatically odds-on to win at least one trophy from season-to-season, in order to join the Dave Cormack Experiment. The safe, comfortable, convenient bet was to stay at Celtic. Brown has taken a big risk coming here and he obviously buys in to the vision he's been sold. He's been signed as a player-coach, emphasis on the latter. I don't think this is another Craig Bryson waiting to disappoint: seems to me that Brown is primarily here to impart and support Glass in that intrinsic current and modern understanding of Scottish football the latter can't possibly have. If he pulls on the boots regularly and contributes on the pitch, that's an extension of the job he's been brought here to do off it.

Scott Brown is assistant manager of Aberdeen FC. You don't have to intrinsically like it, but doing anything other than offering your support for the wider management team or the concept of it only hurts one institution - AFC. 

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm genuinely interested in the kind of steel Brown can add to a side that has been pushed around, bullied and historically unable to accept that sometimes the price of finishing first is losing popularity contests. A man who has survived the goldfish bowl of Weegieville for over a decade, who has shrugged off 3+ trips to Mordor a season where 45,000 begged for his death and played well doing it (not always, granted) ... Are we really saying that kind of winning mentality can't benefit the club or its players? Particularly the youth squads who are about to rub shoulders with one of the most successful footballers in the history of the modern Scottish game.

Brown chose a much, much harder task in delivering success to Aberdeen than playing it safe at Parkhead. If he's willing to roll the dice, I'm more than willing to see where they fall.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 6