Radio shows

Been listening to old mark and lard features from their radio 1 afternoon show. 
will we ever see anything like that again?

absolute gold in my opinion, lards classic cuts, it’s a mystery and beat the clock were brilliant.

even though we’ve got hundreds of stations to listen to now I can’t find anything decent and always resort to Spotify playlists or podcasts

9 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

Mark and Lard were my favourite 

Fucking hilarious - most idiots who listened to Radio 1 never got them 

Been tuning in to Mark ever since on Radio 2 and 6 - will be listening to Radcliffe and Maconie  on 6 Music the morn and Sunday - they’ve been getting sent butteries from folk from the North East (and have been enjoying them) the last couple of weekends 

Crisps on the Radio is good 

Absolute radio gold, don’t think it’ll ever be repeated.

still quote them to this day, eat the peach is a favourite

an Absolute sin that Radcliffe lost his space on 6 when he was fighting cancer

13 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

At least he was replaced by Keaveny 

His tastes are similar to mine 

Aye a good replacement music wise, but I always felt a certain comfort in Radcliffes voice. 
6 music is one of the stations that is worth listening to, an eclectic mix of new and old music. Put me onto a lot of artists that would have passed me by otherwise 

2 hours ago, Farminator said:

Been listening to old mark and lard features from their radio 1 afternoon show. 
will we ever see anything like that again?

absolute gold in my opinion, lards classic cuts, it’s a mystery and beat the clock were brilliant.

even though we’ve got hundreds of stations to listen to now I can’t find anything decent and always resort to Spotify playlists or podcasts

Where would one listen to these old features?

On 3/26/2021 at 9:03 PM, Farminator said:

Aye a good replacement music wise, but I always felt a certain comfort in Radcliffes voice. 
6 music is one of the stations that is worth listening to, an eclectic mix of new and old music. Put me onto a lot of artists that would have passed me by otherwise 

same here 

• 1 month later...
On 3/30/2021 at 10:55 PM, Sooper-hanz said:

Mark and Lard were funny but great music as well. These days.., Radio 4 I like, Radio Scotland for football, listen to a lot of US college radio online for indie music.

Recently been listening to the Athletico Mince podcasts which are funny as fuck.  Best thing Ive heard in ages. 

His South Africa stories are the funniest things I've heard in ages.

• 3 months later...
18 hours ago, Bad_Mobby said:

It's been confirmed that they're staying on the morning weekends. 8-10 though. 

Craig Charles on replacing Shaun k...?

6music is going to the dogs - the midweek morning shows are awful,  and Craig Charles was pretty poor when covering lamaq for months during covid.