The Cryptos

Ke1t

44 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

He's up more than a third in six weeks on the coin you told us to avoid. 

I’m not against any coin short-mid term, but I do think some are better than others particularly long term. 

Article in the economist last Thursday “Despite the currency’s democratic ambitions, mining is concentrated among a handful of professional operators. About 70% takes place in China. The researchers use economic modelling to try to work out how much carbon all this make-work produces. They conclude that, without regulation, Chinese bitcoin mining could consume around as much energy as Italy or Saudi Arabia by 2024. Annual carbon emissions, at 130m tonnes, would approach those of Nigeria.”

With all banks and big investment Corps aiming to become “green” I can’t see them getting to involved in BTC long term. Doesn’t mean it won’t double or more before that haha.

1 minute ago, Redforever86 said:

I’m not against any coin short-mid term, but I do think some are better than others particularly long term. 

Article in the economist last Thursday “Despite the currency’s democratic ambitions, mining is concentrated among a handful of professional operators. About 70% takes place in China. The researchers use economic modelling to try to work out how much carbon all this make-work produces. They conclude that, without regulation, Chinese bitcoin mining could consume around as much energy as Italy or Saudi Arabia by 2024. Annual carbon emissions, at 130m tonnes, would approach those of Nigeria.”

With all banks and big investment Corps aiming to become “green” I can’t see them getting to involved in BTC long term. Doesn’t mean it won’t double or more before that haha.

China’s economic forecast compared to the rest of the markets in the next 10 years is staggering, coupled with the fact that they have made a market now that is bigger than the euro is also staggering, China couldn’t care less about emissions either so the happiest of days for the investors me thinks!, genuinely think some of the crypto currencies will make some investors millionaires before it inevitably comes crumbling down,but the forecasts trends will pick this up. Then it’s sell sell sell 

10 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Bitcoin mining? Carbon emissions? Why can't you engage like an adult? Why always the smart arse angle?

You need bitcoin mining for the currency to function. 

Mining bitcoin requires massive energy use, hence large carbon emissions.

What's your issue?

I genuinely try to be extra civil because like the majority (yes the fucking majority I do speak for them) I can't be arsed with your epic rants. 

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

You're a wrong un. You blame me for you being a wrong un but you only have yourself to blame. You BoD are the weegies of the NE. It's not everyone of course from BoD or the weege but you're a beaut.

It wasn't spitting in your customer's food. It was you not knowing how bad it made you look. For some people, it's ok to spit in their food as a minimum. You didn't know to provide the reason.

Like the weegie on this thread, you're so expert and like him, you never thought to share your long-held expertise for the benefit of other NE men. You checked out of life. I reckon life checked out on you. Sick cunt. Self-centered bastard. 

So you pulled me up about bitcoin mining producing carbon emissions? I pointed out how you were talking shite. Then off you go. Yi deflect more than the huns yi auld zoomer.

Just now, rocket_scientist said:

You believe the electricity and the "mining". Perhaps it's another establishment false flag? Did this never occur to you?

I wasn't talking about the personal stuff that you've shoehorned into the conversation. Nobody cares about that shit. 

You genuinely don't believe bitcoin are mined? Using fucking graphics cards and high end computers? Or you think the Chinese power all these computers with wee gerbils running on wheels. OR do you think there are no computers and the Chinese dig the bitcoin out the ground wi their wee hands? 

Personal shite? You are the only one on her who ever makes anything personal. 

Gie up.

Mining bitcoin is so hard to do now due to the hardware required and the output to power is expensive, pretty sure you wont get away with mining Bitcoin now on an average GPU setup, you need special built rigs for this now.
There are other coins you can mine that are less expensive and can be done on pretty average GPU's, but you need a lot of them to make it worthwhile.
You are looking at anything around £300 = for an average GPU and to mine effectifly you would probably need to go more, the graphics card industry is now just a license to print money.

I have looked at mining, built a decent rig for it, just never got started.

• Upvote 2
47 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

You're a wrong un. You blame me for you being a wrong un but you only have yourself to blame. You BoD are the weegies of the NE. It's not everyone of course from BoD or the weege but you're a beaut.

“ I better put in this cringe disclaimer in case I offend the cool guys that I desire to anally penetrate “

I’m “invested” in a new crypto developed by a group of Stanford graduates.

I’m almost certain it won’t make me rich, but for a few seconds of my time every day, to log on and “mine”, it’s very low risk and unobtrusive.

If anyone wants to get on board, pm me and I’ll send you an invite.

11 minutes ago, Poodler said:

So for you to mine, do you actively do sums? That sounds rubbish 

No, your computer does it. As Hagi said you need a mental PC. 

In the case of Yorkie I presume it's an organisation taking over the power of his PC and pooling it into a large group, and he's get a small fraction of any coins they mine. 

3 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

In the case of Yorkie I presume it's an organisation taking over the power of his PC and pooling it into a large group, and he's get a small fraction of any coins they mine. 

Pretty much the way I read it, tho they claim they eventually want it to become a tradeable currency-like they all do I suppose.

It’s just a smartphone app that takes seconds to use on a daily basis.

2 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Thats how it works, you configure your CPU/GPU as there are still coins that can be mined using the CPU, to share a % of resources to mining and this gets added to a larger pool, and then basically leave it running till it catches fire, or you go broke.

2 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

Pretty much the way I read it, tho they claim they eventually want it to become a tradeable currency-like they all do I suppose.

It’s just a smartphone app that takes seconds to use on a daily basis.

I think it is heading in a positive direction, not quick enough though, there are loads of mainstream business that will accept digital currency now, and with that prick Musk buying into it big time a couple of months ago it has giving the industry a shot in the arm in terms of credibility.

4 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Your computer does nothing. An App tracks the value of your chosen coins. You, me and 99.9% of us don't "mine". We just invest, watch and decide when to cash out, partially if desired.

The weegie and weegie-type BoD are just trying to make themselves look ITK, a very common condition on these forums. 

We are talking about mining not investing you fucking dough ball. 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Hagi's pubic hair said:

I think it is heading in a positive direction, not quick enough though, there are loads of mainstream business that will accept digital currency now, and with that prick Musk buying into it big time a couple of months ago it has giving the industry a shot in the arm in terms of credibility.

Time will tell how much of a place crypto will have in the future, but as you say Elon has upped the ante somewhat.

7 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Your computer does nothing. An App tracks the value of your chosen coins. You, me and 99.9% of us don't "mine". We just invest, watch and decide when to cash out, partially if desired.

The weegie and weegie-type BoD are just trying to make themselves look ITK, a very common condition on these forums. 

I never claimed to be an expert, far from it. I understand the basics.  It's just another form of gambling.