Breakfast

The Buzzard

Usual weekday breakfast is a bowl of cereal (currently Honey Hoops). Sometimes drift over to porridge with strawberry jam stirred through. Either served with a coffee (instant milk 2xsweeteners) or a cappuccino out the machine. 

Weekend will usually have a sausage softie or poached eggs with toast (chilli and garlic salt).

17 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Usual weekday breakfast is a bowl of cereal (currently Honey Hoops). Sometimes drift over to porridge with strawberry jam stirred through. Either served with a coffee (instant milk 2xsweeteners) or a cappuccino out the machine. 

Weekend will usually have a sausage softie or poached eggs with toast (chilli and garlic salt).

GBN

• Dildo 1
31 minutes ago, cheesepipes said:

You strike me as a man who would shun American traditions but have you had biscuits n sausage gravy......... Basically scones n white sauce with chopped sausage..... Its fucking great. 

You strike me as a man who would wholeheartedly embrace Americana... from the getting drunk and shooting shit from the porch on 4th July, to taking the Harley onto the open desert roads in the Southwest, having your way with a native Pueblo woman, then headed for the border with the Federales in hot pursuit... ?

Anyway... Biscuits and Sausage Gravy, that's a speciality of the favourite restaurant of the Old White Folks Brigade, Cracker Barrel. If you find yourself in the US get yourself to a Cracker Barrel, allegedly they do Biscuits and Sausage Gravy better than anyone.

Pretty much the only thing I've hated was Grits. Grits tastes like spunk, has the consistency of spunk, and looks like spunk. Not a big fan of spunk, if I'm being totally candid. 

You might want to try this lad's recipe... for BSG, not spunk, ... he's a proper olde tyme cowboy with a youtube channel, just like the original cowboys had.

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, cheesepipes said:

America of old, not the shitshow of today. 

I want to swing thru saloon doors and get whisky slid into my hand. 

And thats the bloody truth. 

Sounds like you'd be at home in Alaska or New Mexico... you might as well be back in the 1800s in those states. 

Don't go too far north in Alaska, though... it's all fucking Eskimos and bears. 

Couple of weeks back I tuned into some northern Alaskan radio station , must have been run by the locals, it was just hours of elderly Eskimos banging pots together and wailing in whatever language Eskimos stopped using 100 years ago but are trying to revive because tradition. It was fucking awful. I think I have it recorded, and if I can find it I'll stick it up for everyone to enjoy. 

Stick to the lumber and mining villages out in the wilds, they're more likely to play Steely Dan and  Motley Crue... and the bars are probably as close to a saloon as you'll find. 

The Navajo Nation in Arizona and New Mexico is about the size of Scotland, you could definitely go there if you wanted to experience the whole, 'surrounded by redskins' experience, though. 

8 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Lobster and Prawn Burrito to break my fast today. Was good. £2 off for asking for no funny "salad". The wife's small platter was excellent she reported;

37202-F42-0-E3-F-4-CDA-8-C0-C-1-B377-F08

Fantasist, get yourself to S & T. He's got a new Ethiopian (Sacred Grounds) that came in on Wednesday and it's his best yet. Ask for your espresso in a cup rather than the takeaway carton. 

What’s the thing to the left of the tub of sauce ?  

• Dildo 1
12 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Lobster and Prawn Burrito to break my fast today. Was good. £2 off for asking for no funny "salad". The wife's small platter was excellent she reported;

37202-F42-0-E3-F-4-CDA-8-C0-C-1-B377-F08

Fantasist, get yourself to S & T. He's got a new Ethiopian (Sacred Grounds) that came in on Wednesday and it's his best yet. Ask for your espresso in a cup rather than the takeaway carton. 

Yir missus advertising fucking Ribena dressed like that? 

• Upvote 1