Aberdeen 2 - 2 Livingston (5 - 3 Pens)

48 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I could see McGinn getting another 12 month contract if he plays well in the next few games.

McGinn was so poor in the majority of the game, yet he finished very well for the first and great assist for the second.

Other than those two moments he gave the ball away so much else gave some very poor passes

Just now, afc1903mad said:

McGinn was so poor in the majority of the game, yet he finished very well for the first and great assist for the second.

Other than those two moments he gave the ball away so much else gave some very poor passes

I agree, yet he’s finished with a goal & an assist.

He’s the only outfield player who’d have finished that goal.

I agree though he’s been poor this season. His days of being out wide should definitely be over.

Just off the centre forward, or not at all, is his position now. 

Sorry if I’m ranting but Didn’t see anything different from when Paul sheerin was in charge from Today, glad we got through and glass has another week with the team or the pressure would of been on already from our fickle fan base, 2nd half was better but a big re build in summer is required, McLennan will never make it at us unfortunately after his early promise, if we had went out today I would of gave glass the benefit of the doubt but don’t think many other people would of, would love to go On a run from now till end of season but will wait and judge him from next season onwards, kamberi behind Hornby or hendry is the only way forward for us this season 

• Downvote 1
  • Dildo 3
11 minutes ago, Jackp said:

Sorry if I’m ranting but Didn’t see anything different from when Paul sheerin was in charge from Today, glad we got through and glass has another week with the team or the pressure would of been on already from our fickle fan base, 2nd half was better but a big re build in summer is required, McLennan will never make it at us unfortunately after his early promise, if we had went out today I would of gave glass the benefit of the doubt but don’t think many other people would of, would love to go On a run from now till end of season but will wait and judge him from next season onwards, kamberi behind Hornby or hendry is the only way forward for us this season 

A fk load less backward passing to hold on to possession but risk losing it in more dangerous areas for one.

instant improvements there for sure. Yes ther was still some of this evident but that is because it has been forced into their mindset for sooo long. 

I noticed a far better attitude towards attacking play in general but end of day, a lot of those players need moved out for this change of tactics to be more notable 

Not going to slate Glass for the cock he’s currently cot to pish with, he has a big task in improving this lot but glad he has at least one extra game now (hopefully three ?)to make judgements on who he fks off

12 hours ago, Liam said:

Didn’t watch anything pre game - but what the fuck is McInnes doing criticising this team? It’s his fucking team the absolute prick. He can get to fuck 

Bizarre having that dick there for the new manager's 1st game.

Can just imagine the shite the self-obsessed prick was coming away with.

11 hours ago, Liam said:

Kennedy and McLennan in particular are an embarrassment to wear a red shirt

They were horrific.

Game changed in our direction once McLennan was subbed.

He was real shit.

10 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

Every time we've played Livingston with JET playing he's caused us trouble.

Aye, always manages to find a way under our radar.

Our passing for the 1st hour was truly awful.

Full backs being chief culprits, looked like they were trying to make a specific sort of lengthy forward pass that they couldn't pull off.

Wasn't impressed with Hoban for their goal, or most of the game really. Used to think he was decent.

Only plus point I can think of in that first half was when we hit them on the break a couple of times, the speed and volume of bodies we hoyed into their box.

Pity we couldn't have applied a finish. Kennedy's attempt particularly woeful, eyes right off the ball.

Crossing was more thoughtful and precise, rather than the previous lump in high standard, certainly paid off for 1st equaliser. More like a pass than a cross.

Though our movement was good after that, and probably created enough to win the game without having to go to pens.

Good character in the shoot out though, 4 good pens and a real shit one from Ferguson that was fortunate to go in.

Was pretty nervous watch TBH.

The thought of our new era collapsing in front of us for Glass 1st game made it feel like that all the way til McGinn's goal.

Hopefully we can improve on our current scoring record v United this season in next week's tie. ??

5 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

A fk load less backward passing to hold on to possession but risk losing it in more dangerous areas for one.

instant improvements there for sure. Yes ther was still some of this evident but that is because it has been forced into their mindset for sooo long. 

I noticed a far better attitude towards attacking play in general but end of day, a lot of those players need moved out for this change of tactics to be more notable 

Not going to slate Glass for the cock he’s currently cot to pish with, he has a big task in improving this lot but glad he has at least one extra game now (hopefully three ?)to make judgements on who he fks off

Really !! I thought we were doing that far too often when it wasn't merited . Right from the first minute we were in an attacking position and instead of playing the attacking ball in went all the way back 

7 hours ago, Jackp said:

Settle down min,if anyones being prematurely fickle....

Most of these players have had years of cautious football drummed into them.Add into that,a fair % of the current players are past it/not good enough.

Would hope to get an idea of what to expect next season in the next few weeks though

Highlights here,dont show all the penalties for some reason https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56700977

• Upvote 1

Glass needs a big Rebuild in the summer for sure but he will know there is some optimism with some of the players there. I didn't think Deano had his best game but he didn't hide and he played a couple of superb defence splitting passes, one to Kamberi was top drawer and he needs to do this more and will. I thought Hayes when he started running at the full back looked more like the old Jonny Hayes. Mcginn was pretty poor for the first 70 minutes but then got a goal and an assist and I still believe he is the best finisher at the club and needs to be played centrally going forward. Kamberi once Hendry came on was superb and showed some terrific ability. On the other side of it Glass will hopefully have seen the likes of Kennedy and Mclennan are hopeless and will either need a lot of work put into them of moved on if possible. I also thought Hendry did well up fo]ront when he came on and unsettled there defence, but Hornby was poor again. We also are going to need a younger quicker centre half as Hoban and Considine are far too slow both in movement and playing out

8 hours ago, Jackp said:

What exactly were you expecting to see?! Glass took over on Tuesday. Hardly had much time to make any impact on the players who've been working under McInnes for years. Lolz

3 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

Good character in the shoot out though, 4 good pens and a real shit one from Ferguson that was fortunate to go in.

I though Ferguson’s pen was ok. Struck me as he sensed the keeper had done his homework or saw movement from the keeper on his run up and therefore changed the placing to make sure it went in.

as someone else said, any pen that goes in is a good one.

Kamberi’s pen was one that showed he was oozing confidence.

Pick of the bunch for me was Campbell’s pen. That is how a pen should be struck in my opinion.

1 minute ago, afc1903mad said:

I though Ferguson’s pen was ok. Struck me as he sensed the keeper had done his homework or saw movement from the keeper on his run up and therefore changed the placing to make sure it went in.

as someone else said, any pen that goes in is a good one.

Kamberi’s pen was one that showed he was oozing confidence.

Pick of the bunch for me was Campbell’s pen. That is how a pen should be struck in my opinion.

Ferguson's penalty was really poor. But he got away with it.