Aberdeen 2 - 2 Livingston (5 - 3 Pens)

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Wouldn't have been so bad if he'd popped up on Sportscene or if they'd hosted the game yesterday in the studio. 

But he would have had to have driven there, parked in the car park, entered the stadium etc all at roughly the same time Glass was turning up for his first game. 

Weird behaviour.  Not sure if he's so self centred that he is oblivious or if he's just struggling with not being the manager here any more. 

I think it’s in keeping with his personality. He has a colossal ego and that is paradoxically both a help and a hindrance in his career. 

2 hours ago, Sheeptastic said:

All a bit strange. The players warming up would have had a clear view of him in the South Stand as well. I'm sure it wouldn't have affected them but it was totally jarring. 

In terms of his punditry, I thought he kept it pretty professional and didn't actually make any pointed remarks as was suggested by one of the tabloids. But I can't help think how on earth is he in a mindset where he was ready to return in that capacity and thought it was fair on Stephen Glass. 

As for Premier Sports, I was torn between thinking is it quite a decent coup to get him on to do the punditry for that game or is it just weird behaviour from them as well? Could see it impacted the way the other pundits talked about the team as well because they were pointing out the struggles of a team standing next to the guy responsible for those struggles. 

I think it was intentional weird behaviour on Premier Sports' behalf. Probably thought it would be so controversial as to whack on a couple of thousand more PPV's. 

McInnes accepting the invitation says a lot about him though. No doubt Premier were bunging him a grand or so to be there. Not a bad wee payday for less than 9 hours work, 5 of which would be driving up and back down again. And the chance to usurp your replacement's first game in charge into the bargain. 

I've felt most the season you just need to score against us and you've won the game. But didn't feel like that at 1-0 this time. I don't know if it's because I had seen anything to suggest otherwise in the game up to that point or just the new manager optimism but even at 2-1, I thought we probably had another goal in us. 

36 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

It sure does.
It tells anyone that didn't already know, that he is a fucking prick.
One we are thankfully well rid of.

Definitely lacking class. It should have been an easy one to say no to. Have a bit of respect for the new manager coming in, plus the squad who need to move on and not feel like they’re being two-faced by ditching their previous training and tactics and doing what they’re told by the new manager.

Just poor form by Derek.

3 hours ago, TheRock said:

I've felt most the season you just need to score against us and you've won the game. But didn't feel like that at 1-0 this time. I don't know if it's because I had seen anything to suggest otherwise in the game up to that point or just the new manager optimism but even at 2-1, I thought we probably had another goal in us. 

Felt like we had more guile and threat with Kamberi... he played a massive role in dragging us back into a game where we were just McInnesballing around with no real ideas going forward.

Would like to see him given a free role behind the main striker, because his creativity and passing could be massive in that area.

• Downvote 1
9 minutes ago, 1983 said:

Definitely lacking class. It should have been an easy one to say no to. Have a bit of respect for the new manager coming in, plus the squad who need to move on and not feel like they’re being two-faced by ditching their previous training and tactics and doing what they’re told by the new manager.

Just poor form by Derek.

Lol, we’re about to sign the most classless player in Scottish football so prob best get used to it.

• Downvote 1
  • Dildo 4
21 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I could see McGinn getting another 12 month contract if he plays well in the next few games.

He's the only one of the out of contract players I'd give a new contract to.

He could do nothing the whole game but he's the only one who can finish like that. No-one else in that team is scoring that. 

Has to be played centrally though.

19 hours ago, Jackp said:

Sorry if I’m ranting but Didn’t see anything different from when Paul sheerin was in charge from Today, glad we got through and glass has another week with the team or the pressure would of been on already from our fickle fan base, 2nd half was better but a big re build in summer is required, McLennan will never make it at us unfortunately after his early promise, if we had went out today I would of gave glass the benefit of the doubt but don’t think many other people would of, would love to go On a run from now till end of season but will wait and judge him from next season onwards, kamberi behind Hornby or hendry is the only way forward for us this season 

What did you expect after 3 days training you gype?

This is McInnes team and players, it's going to take longer than 3 days to knock them into shape.

• Dildo 1
Just now, King Street Loon said:

He's the only one of the out of contract players I'd give a new contract to.

He could do nothing the whole game but he's the only one who can finish like that. No-one else in that team is scoring that. 

Has to be played centrally though.

What did you expect after 3 days training you gype?

This is McInnes team and players, it's going to take longer than 3 days to knock them into shape.

What else has McGinn done since he came back? Not having a go but he’s done absolutely fuck all apart from that goal yesterday. 

1 minute ago, Big Hat Logan said:

What else has McGinn done since he came back? Not having a go but he’s done absolutely fuck all apart from that goal yesterday. 

He's nae exactly set the heather alight, but I put that down to lack of match sharpness. He's hardly had a consistent run in the team this season. It's only since McInnes got the dunt that he's gotten back into the team.

• Dildo 1
6 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

He's not really been involved much this season, but it's fair to say he has done plenty since returning. His stats include 17 goals and 25 assists which is a decent return over three seasons. 

• Downvote 1
1 hour ago, MightyDons said:

He's not really been involved much this season, but it's fair to say he has done plenty since returning. His stats include 17 goals and 25 assists which is a decent return over three seasons. 

He’s a quality footballer and should start every week Im my opinion and ideally through the middle. Might only mange 60/70 minutes at full tilt, but worth it, especially if SG wants to play attractive football.

He was outstanding in the last 25 mins yesterday. Demanding the ball after his quality goal. The pass off the outside of his right foot for Kamberi’s goal was sublime..

Hayes showed more energy yesterday than he’s does done in months. That was a huge plus too..