Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Holidays 2021

BrianFaePerth

55 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I just want to see another country if truth be told and tick Ullevi visit off the list. Wondered if Stockholm would be worth staying in. If the bars are decent enough and things worth going to. Usual tourist pish. 

Copenhagen will perhaps be another time as I very much have heard good things of the place.

Take the ferry over to Esbjerg from Newcastle in your motor and do the delights of Denmark and Sweden. 

Guest milne_afc

Hasn’t Ullevi been remodelled over the years? Pretty sure the turf has been relaid, I don’t get the appeal tbh.

Guest milne_afc
4 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Personal reasons if truth be told. CBA going into.

But something I wish to do.

Wasn’t aimed at you specifically Berto. Just find the pilgrimage thing a bit of a waste of time - would be ace if that thing that happens in movies was real though.

Ignore that, just realised you could probably take in a game which would at least make a bit more worthwhile. Visiting an empty stadium is sa-aa-aad

2 hours ago, Roberto said:

Has anyone been to Sweden?

Stockholm in particular.

I'm looking at a few days in August or September (I'll go by train to Gothenburg for the day for obvious reasons).

I've been to Stockholm. Went over for a scotland friendly in the Craig Levein era. 

Decent enough place. Bars were mobbed for obvious reasons. Hoora expensive though. 

2 hours ago, Dad said:

What did you do when you were on the pitch? Just run about pretending to score and pish?

A wee bit of how's your father?

Was hungover and bunter. Just wondered on and took a few photos.

Got in the main entrance when a boy was delivering some parcels. Wondered through the corridor past all the offices and oot on to the pitch.

Lost the phone wi the photos a couple of years later while pished.  

Ah no. 

1 hour ago, Roberto said:

6 quid a beer on average I read? Still cheaper than a fucking pint of Peroni in Soul, so I can deal with that.

Think I was about that for about 1/3rd of a pint of punk ipa in the Brewdog. Left after that and went to a local craft beer bar. Was a bit cheaper but still expensive.

I got the ferry to Fredericksburg (SP) and ah the Swedes were on it buying crates and crates of lager on sack trucks for their Xmas boozing. 

2 hours ago, Redforever86 said:

Think I was about that for about 1/3rd of a pint of punk ipa in the Brewdog. Left after that and went to a local craft beer bar. Was a bit cheaper but still expensive.

I got the ferry to Fredericksburg (SP) and ah the Swedes were on it buying crates and crates of lager on sack trucks for their Xmas boozing. 

Locals in Denmark and Sweden load up on supermarket beer before going out, places don't start filling till near midnight. Take your empties back to the shop and the next round is pretty cheap, really big on recycling, get money back on the plastic crate and empty bottles. Lived there a couple years, was ok but not somewhere I'd like to live all the time. The idea of a round to them was alien, lot of aggressive immigrants as well.   

15 minutes ago, cheesepipes said:

On most cans these days you will see "1 pant" on the side. 

Specifically on there for the scandanavian recycling market. 

Nuggets of information i am. 

My jazzy cans are always "2 pant" 

Clearly craft wankery comes in higher quality receptacles ?

55 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Aye nae been there. Just Aarhus and Copenhagen, both quality and never barely seen a sole darker than Dulux brilliant white. 

You never visit Istegade, just round the corner from the station in Copenhagen. Jungle Princesses a plenty, Asians, Arabs and many other "shades" all selling different services. I have some Great/Terrifying memories from there. This street is also the location of the Spunk bar. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, CrazyBullSheep said:

You never visit Istegade, just round the corner from the station in Copenhagen. Jungle Princesses a plenty, Asians, Arabs and many other "shades" all selling different services. I have some Great/Terrifying memories from there. This street is also the location of the Spunk bar. 

Stayed in that area, seen heaps of sex shops, lap dancing joints etc just nae many ethnics. Fuck knows, was maybe so smashed I've forgotten. 

Or maybe the craft beer wanker bars just don't attract them. Even in the "smoking" bars we visited there weren't any. 

Certainly nae compared to other European capital cities.