European Super League

So apparently the clubs in England aren't resigning from the PL. They want to play it in tandem but the English FA/Premier League would have have to grant permission which supposedly they are not likely to do. That would then force the 6 clubs to resign from the set up.

Can see this ending up in the courts and being a long drawn out process.

It's a forlorn hope but it would make my decade to see them all go bust

• Upvote 1

Talk about having your cake and eating it. Constantly complain they play to much game but the second the chance to make more money comes along they jump straight on that band wagon. 

Only reason I’d be happy to see it go ahead is if it means the arse cheeks fuck off to England and don’t leave two colt teams behind

6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Sounds like shite. 

No way the Spanish clubs will sign up for a set up that has 6 English clubs to their 3.

The likes of Valencia, Sevilla and Villareal aren't operating on budgets close to their top 3 clubs. Sure I read recently that Valencia are close to going bust. Even Barcelona are on a dodgy wicket finances wise. 

Same applies to the Italian clubs below the level of Juve and the Milan clubs. Even Roma and Napoli aren't close.

Note that PSG and Bayern aren't in (yet anyway)

5 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

The likes of Valencia, Sevilla and Villareal aren't operating on budgets close to their top 3 clubs. Sure I read recently that Valencia are close to going bust. Even Barcelona are on a dodgy wicket finances wise. 

Same applies to the Italian clubs below the level of Juve and the Milan clubs. Even Roma and Napoli aren't close.

Note that PSG and Bayern aren't in (yet anyway)

Barca practically insolvent as well are they nae?  I'm sure I read the were hundreds of millions in debt.

Madrid were £200 million in debt at one point but the cooncil bailed them out

Just now, NEM said:

Barca practically insolvent as well are they nae?  I'm sure I read the were hundreds of millions in debt.

Madrid were £200 million in debt at one point but the cooncil bailed them out

It's bonkers isn't it?  Give them more cash to chase and they all get more in debt to chase it than the prize is worth in the first place. 

Just now, DelMonte said:

Quite funny UEFA, Premier League and Sky getting annoyed as if they haven’t been ruining the game with money for years. 

Exactly. Hypocritical cunts:

Premier league condemned the proposal as it "attacks the principles of open competition and sporting merit which are at the heart" of domestic and European football

?

5 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Exactly. Hypocritical cunts:

Premier league condemned the proposal as it "attacks the principles of open competition and sporting merit which are at the heart" of domestic and European football

?

In other words “it’s going to fuck our disgusting sky deal”

Did it not occur to UEFA when they at the behest of the bigger clubs, created the champions league. Then made the qualification skewed towards bigger clubs, 

And abolished the Cup winners Cup,   

That they were setting a precedent for the shithouse clubs to call the shots 

You reap what you sow. 

• Upvote 6