European Super League

5 hours ago, torry_battery_ram said:

UEFA saying they will ban players from the 12 clubs from playing in this summer's Euros. That would mean Scotland would lose McTominay, Robertson and Tierney. 

None of the top players at the Euros means less sponsorship money, less interest and less money for UEFA. A completely empty threat.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Dildo 1

8 hours ago, sheepcrooky said:

But as everyone here had picked up, the irony of UEFA, the EPL & Sky complaining about greed is beyond belief. Creating a platform of greed is always to create more greed. 

Very true, they are reaping what they sow with their coefficient bollocks, very much akin to one of Frankenstein's creations.

Personally think it's all too funny on many accounts. The clubs leaving will find themselves playing meaningless 'glamour' ties week in week out, and the novelty will die out within two seasons. Reminds me of a snake eating its own tail. 

According to the Financial Times the Super League's organisers are seeking £3.4 billion per year in revenue to screen the matches and it has held early talks with Amazon, Facebook, Disney and Comcast-owned Sky, it's claimed.BT Sport have strongly condemned plans for a Super League because it will have a 'damaging effect' on football – but Sky have refused to comment on the bombshell proposals.

This all boils down to these companies putting the money in for it to go forward.

Sky will go for it not sure about the rest though.

35 minutes ago, TopDon said:

Very true, they are reaping what they sow with their coefficient bollocks, very much akin to one of Frankenstein's creations.

Personally think it's all too funny on many accounts. The clubs leaving will find themselves playing meaningless 'glamour' ties week in week out, and the novelty will die out within two seasons. Reminds me of a snake eating its own tail. 

They’ll all be like the dead rubber matches in the Champions League where nobody is interested in giving 100% cos it’s meaningless.

1 hour ago, Dynamo said:

It means nothing of the sort. For starters fans in Scotland will be back in stadiums for Scotland games in June.

Therefore, is this why clubs have been holding off issuing pleas for season ticket renewals? Until today’s announcement?

If your saying we’ll be back in stadiums come August but the season ticket gives you the option of watching the game at home, there’s going to be a significant uplift in pricing, you can guarantee, unless there’s an option to purchase a season ticket WITHOUT the streaming service?

Anybody sensible has purchased an Amazon Firestick anyway so there’s no need for the RedTV streaming option

2 hours ago, Dynamo said:

It means nothing of the sort. For starters fans in Scotland will be back in stadiums for Scotland games in June.

Aye only because it was politically expedient for Sturgeon and co to allow fans into the euros. That’ll soon be revoked when the domestic season kicks off

”new variants blah blah blah”

4 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

No, actually I'm not. Your lazy answer is unacceptable.

These labels you use shut down debate. There's not - to my knowledge - an equivalent term for anti Palestinian or anti Russian Orthordox or anti Scottish or anti Finnish or anti Catholic.

Do we ever ask the question (if indeed you gatekeepers of decency and correctness allow us to ask questions) as to what the juden have been doing for millenia to be despised and repulsed so widely?

It's like calling the IRA "terrorists", a lazy label applied to the winners of that war. Do you ever think that their cause was just? Their methods certainly did a number on their enemy. 

Please just fuck off. It’s been great without you lately, the forum has been significantly better.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
31 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

These labels you use shut down debate. There's not - to my knowledge - an equivalent term for anti Palestinian or anti Russian Orthordox or anti Scottish or anti Finnish or anti Catholic.

Do we ever ask the question (if indeed you gatekeepers of decency and correctness allow us to ask questions) as to what the juden have been doing for millenia to be despised and repulsed so widely?

It's like calling the IRA "terrorists", a lazy label applied to the winners of that war. Do you ever think that their cause was just? Their methods certainly did a number on their enemy. 

Ah... so much stupidity, and yet I can only give one -1.

• Upvote 1
46 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

To infer that a so called "Jewish club" would be involved due to the mass amounts of money, is anti semitic.

As for the IRA, I always think of the quote "one mans freedom fighter is anothers terrorist."

I'm inclined to think they were the former.

9 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Wny are jews hated?

Because of stupid anit-semitic tropes like the one made earlier in the thread.

Nae rocket science. 

3 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Because of stupid anit-semitic tropes like the one made earlier in the thread.

Ok,  why is anti semitism so rife throughout millennia,  in just about every European country?  They've been told to fuck off wherever they go historically.  Is it just an irrational dislike,  or maybe connected to how they conduct themselves? 

• Downvote 1
1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Therefore, is this why clubs have been holding off issuing pleas for season ticket renewals? Until today’s announcement?

If your saying we’ll be back in stadiums come August but the season ticket gives you the option of watching the game at home, there’s going to be a significant uplift in pricing, you can guarantee, unless there’s an option to purchase a season ticket WITHOUT the streaming service?

Anybody sensible has purchased an Amazon Firestick anyway so there’s no need for the RedTV streaming option

Back in limited numbers. More season holders than people allowed to attend, so anyone who buys one won't get to every game would be my guess. But it's just a guess.

It'll be shite regardless. Every who wants a vaccine should have been offered by then, so really don't see why they can't just open everything up again.

1 hour ago, rocket_scientist said:

Do we ever ask the question?

31 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Wny are jews hated?

11 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

But is it? Is there not history that might prove a correlation? I don't know, I'm simply asking the question.

8 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Since when was asking questions out of bounds? Who decided this?

If I ask lots of questions does it make me seem deep and thoughtful?

No. No it doesn't.

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, maryhilldon said:

Ok,  why is anti semitism so rife throughout millennia,  in just about every European country?  They've been told to fuck off wherever they go historically.  Is it just an irrational dislike,  or maybe connected to how they conduct themselves? 

Haha. 

They had the Holocaust coming, right enough! Gype

1 minute ago, sheepcrooky said:

Remind me, is this the thread about the European Super League?  Every single fucking thread seems to end in political/racist/semetic/oneupmanship crap. 

Fair point, sorry.

Seems that the German model of mandating fan ownership has worked for them. Would it work in Scotland?

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

The SPFL have announced a deal with SKY that allows all clubs to live stream their home games next season.

Which means we ain't getting into games, certainly in the early part of next season

I agree we ain't getting in to games but i dont think any of the chairmen know any more about covid, and nicola's plans than any of us.

Socially distanced football... well hopefully soon.

Life back to normal... I wouldnt want to guess.... not any time fucking soon

No need to guess whats happening at pittodrie but no way the top two will be getting 50k or 60k in for any game next season so hence the extension of the virtual tickets for the whole season

2 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

To infer that a so called "Jewish club" would be involved due to the mass amounts of money, is anti semitic.

As for the IRA, I always think of the quote "one mans freedom fighter is anothers terrorist."

I'm inclined to think they were the former.

Prick.

Freedom fighters don't murder children and pensioners. 

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1

Assuming I’m still on the right thread, this seemingly selfless approach from other EPL clubs and Sky is a joke. Easy to say that ‘it’s about the fans’. Utter shite. The other EPL clubs and Sky are only taking a stance, due to a potentially material impact on their profits.

The creation of the EPL and the Champions League was just a previous iteration of the same proposal and they’re now caught with their pants at their ankles. Elitism already exists and competition doesn’t exist..

Sky presenters are actively advocating protests outside grounds to this. Aside from the COVID breach that would create, it’s odd they’ve never been as animated on any subject before..BLM, token statements aside.

Utter, hypocritical, cunts, the lot of them....Let this be the beginning of the end for EPL and the Champions League...

if this version doesn’t go ahead, the scene is set for a version of it in the future..

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

Assuming I’m still on the right thread, this seemingly selfless approach from other EPL clubs and Sky is a joke. Easy to say that ‘it’s about the fans’. Utter shite. The other EPL clubs and Sky are only taking a stance, due to a potentially material impact on their profits.

The creation of the EPL and the Champions League was just a previous iteration of the same proposal and they’re now caught with their pants at their ankles. Elitism already exists and competition doesn’t exist..

Sky presenters are actively advocating protests outside grounds to this. Aside from the COVID breach that would create, it’s odd they’ve never been as animated on any subject before..BLM, token statements aside.

Utter, hypocritical, cunts, the lot of them....Let this be the beginning of the end for EPL and the Champions League...

if this version doesn’t go ahead, the scene is set for a version of it in the future..

This may be a chance to make the game about sport again, let the elite fuck off, new playing field with all teams starting on a level playing field is what we're crying out for. No monetary advantage to any team, let sport and the best coaches and teams prevail. Will never happen but this just might help.

• Upvote 2