European Super League

13 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Football was fucked LONG before this shit. 

UEFA only have themselves to blame. They are part of the problem.

I don't agree with it at all, but I don't for one second feel sorry for UEFA.

UEFA planted the seed when they revamped the champions league to make a competition not for champions, 

Fuck them, you reap what you sow

6 hours ago, Millertime said:

Haha I genuinely am anyway 

No doubt my arse will hardly be on the actual seat, but I love what cormack is doing and the noises glass is making,  so this is what I feel I should be doing

The season after I will get one for Mario too in preparation for the new stadium so that we are on the list for one there 

Some of my best memories were going to the fitba with my old man and now taking my 12 year old son (and occasionally daughter for the big games) is brilliant...good on you.

The ESL is the natural progression. 

How often to Sky bang on about the 'big 6' and then when this happens they cry about it being unfair. They've given these clubs this complex. 

Sky has fucked football up here as well, totally ruined generations worth of supporters for clubs outwith Celtic and Rangers. There's no consideration of that in their argument either, what Sky has actually done to grassroots football and to people supporting their local team, or lack thereof. 

I have absolutely no sympathy for any of the clubs in the PL, the only thing they are arsed about is the fact the product will become diluted, and the money might dry up. 

Gary Neville, as much as I quite like him, has a cheek with all the tripe he's saying about competition. He's went and plucked a no Mark team with fuck all history, and used him and his mates' money to move through the leagues and fend off competition. 

This all started in 1992. They'd do well to remember that. 

Regrettably I think it’s inevitable.  Key is how the remaining clubs set up to compete.  Do they accommodate the SL per the proposal - the big 6 playing SL on a Wednesday night but the EPL ‘as normal’ on a Saturday.  That’s just the colts argument on steroids.  Or do they truly compete per the noises they’re making now, calling for a completely clean break which would be dangerous (for the EPL given the finance) but would consolidate the “Saturday at 3pm” crowds.

5 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

Because they are scum?

Certainly applies to the current despotic government under perpetual rule from that cretinous piece of shit Netanyahu.

And the 70 odd mutants checking in about 50 pieces of luggage each, taking up every single check-in desk at JFK adding over an hour to other travellers bag drop and delaying the flight therein.

Fucking freaks.

Currently day Israel are absolute cunts, but nowhere near as cretinous as the British.

Absolute dregs of humanity.

Plenty Jewish folk who are anti Israel. 

Sweeping statements like that don't do much, min. 

It all started when businessmen started realising that they could make a fortune out of football clubs or give themselves some sort of exposure with their new toy. Of course when Sky started pumping billions into the English game and as a result disproportionally benefited some clubs over others, especially up here, they ultimately fucked the game.

I have no sympathy for Sky or English football, they were happy to spunk away billions while the gravy train was on its tracks, the only fear for them now is that it is taken away with this new ESL and Sky are only annoyed because they aren't part of it. 

The idea itself is completely abhorrent and it perhaps is the natural progression, given how money dominates football, but when Spurs are racking up debts close to a billion quid, you have to wonder how sustainable even the ESL model is long term. It will never go back to the days of small clubs making it to the big time and winning Euro cups, I think most of us accept that, but these sort of closed door proposals need to either be allowed to happen and you kick them out of the leagues altogether or you kick it into touch from the get-go. No way should these teams be allowed to compete domestically as well. It would make a mockery of the whole league system.

2 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Plenty Jewish folk who are anti Israel. 

Sweeping statements like that don't do much, min. 

Yeah, fair enough.

Was moderately Devil's advocating jab.

Probably entirely down to my airport experience... ??

Edit:

And of course an opportunity to insult the brits. ?

• Dildo 1
23 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Yeah, fair enough.

Was moderately Devil's advocating jab.

Probably entirely down to my airport experience... ??

Edit:

And of course an opportunity to insult the brits. ?

Fuck el brits. Always and forever.

6 hours ago, Foster14 said:

The water has been tested on this for years, and I assume the people at the top are seeing the interest is there.  All these games held in pre-season for the chance to win the random location pre-season "cups".  Hell, in Scotland we allowed clubs to postpone games to go on a jolly for a "glamour" friendly.  

And every competition has dead rubber games.  We can sit here and say relegation makes things more interesting etc, but is Fulham vs Newcastle really going to grab the attention more than say AC Milan vs Tottenham.  Worldwide, I assume not.  With the setup having 5 out of 10 teams from each league still able to go on to win the whole thing, they've obviously already considered this as well.  Also a lot easier to tweak the setup as they see fit to reduce these risks.  

I think one of the most daft things about is anyone suggesting there isn't a market for it, or that it would fail.  The global market is primed for such a competition.  Now they just need to get the managers/players on board! Money will talk there.  

Glamour ties are very successful in one-off scenarios, but the novelty starts to wear off pretty quickly IMO. It won't have the same draw seeing Inter play Arsenal for the second time, when the match won't really dictate anything relevant.

True every league has 'dead-rubber' matches, that can't be avoided, but you'll be guaranteed more when the fear of relegation, playoffs etc is taken out of the equation. It won't be limited to a few 'mid-table' sides, but basically anyone who isn't in with a chance to win the competition. 

Global interest is currently there I agree, and I think it'll do well the first year (or so), but not sure I see the long-term appeal to be honest. Then again I'm hardly the target demographic. It seems like a gamble that has the potential to backfire spectacularly if it fails. 

32 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Do Celtic and the Huns not see the irony in them complaining about this super league? 

Cunts are forever banging on about joining a new league 

Actually more worried about uefa plans to counter this. They have spoke to British invester that will increase revenue streams 2/3 fold. Absolute sickening if Celtic or rangers get into the CL and bag around 100m! I think I’d prefer the super league, atleast it safeguards our league to certain extent. 

11 minutes ago, slippers said:

Actually more worried about uefa plans to counter this. They have spoke to British invester that will increase revenue streams 2/3 fold. Absolute sickening if Celtic or rangers get into the CL and bag around 100m! I think I’d prefer the super league, atleast it safeguards our league to certain extent. 

Aye, fair point.  Don't trust any of the cunts. 

I think the twelve will back down though as the backlash is huge and getting bigger. 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye, fair point.  Don't trust any of the cunts. 

I think the twelve will back down though as the backlash is huge and getting bigger. 

Absolutely no chance of backing down now that they have ruined there reputation in there local communities, did Philip green apologise over burton,top shop to the British public?.naw he stole there pensions as well!,

or did Barclays (Celine)apologise for the loss of the oldest retail shop in Britain in Debenhams.folk need to get in there head that football is a business, and when the super rich get their hands on clubs,they couldn’t give two fucks about community.morality ,standards, it’s just an asset to them.doesn’t matter how long or how important the clubs have run either, again they don’t give two fucks.folk are seeing this as a British problem and the clubs have to stay and play the league in Britain!, as opposed to how the owners are seeing things with the American and Chinese market 100times bigger than the British market!.hence why after the plan was revealed Man Utd stock rose on the stock market by 12% as did Barcelona football club.

Pish but that’s the way of things now.

1 minute ago, Dons79 said:

Absolutely no chance of backing down now that they have ruined there reputation in there local communities, did Philip green apologise over burton,top shop to the British public?.naw he stole there pensions as well!,

or did Barclays (Celine)apologise for the loss of the oldest retail shop in Britain in Debenhams.folk need to get in there head that football is a business, and when the super rich get their hands on clubs,they couldn’t give two fucks about community.morality ,standards, it’s just an asset to them.doesn’t matter how long or how important the clubs have run either, again they don’t give two fucks.folk are seeing this as a British problem and the clubs have to stay and play the league in Britain!, as opposed to how the owners are seeing things with the American and Chinese market 100times bigger than the British market!.hence why after the plan was revealed Man Utd stick rose on the stock market by 12% as did Barcelona football club.

We'll see. 

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We'll see. 

It’s literally happened about you for 20 years ? businesses getting privatised, then getting sold up for profit, why do you think football is any different?, because the wee peoples emotions?, and when did the government or the super rich care about that?

in any case imagine by some miracle they changed their minds!,do you think the fans will let the clubs off for wanting to abandon them and their communities, how do you gain the trust back?

Agree and if the local fans don’t go to matches the stadium will still sell out as there will be more people willing to go and watch. Also the local fan base not going to games opens up the possibility of games being played abroad as a they have the excuse that the stadium ain’t selling out whilst people in foreign countries are desperate to see them play

Just now, Dons79 said:

It’s literally happened about you for 20 years ? businesses getting privatised, then getting sold up for profit, why do you think football is any different?, because the wee peoples emotions?, and when did the government or the super rich care about that?

I just don't think it will happen.  But it's just a gut feel on my part, same as you. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I just don't think it will happen.  But it's just a gut feel on my part, same as you. 

Just need to look at this as a business rather than a sport, our national game as we see it.sadly historically my gut feeling has been proved time and time again that the super rich couldn’t give a fuck on the little folks emotions, and even if the British government want to try and add pressure to them, well fine, am sure a quick nod to Boris Johnston and stating that he would be pulling out All his money along with other Russians within the uk to take their riches out.(Chelsea) you hear the government now moaning but that’s just bluster, they will be told to shut up and deal with it while bojo says see you heard me trying but their was nothing I could do to stop them. Secondly the super rich don’t like getting told no,this idea would have cost a fortune to try and set up and most unlikely to see there plans fail,  most of the chairmen involved have quit there eufa jobs, so there’s no turning back. And thats why it’s definately happening 

2 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Fuck el brits. Always and forever.

Brits ?! FFS. Think you’ve been watching too much Irish cinema boys. Its just not a word thats used in Scotland. Sounds a wee bit juvenile  & like you’re desperately trying to be Irish  or something 

• Dildo 1
1 minute ago, donswin1983 said:

Just watched the interview with the Real Madrid, dude explaining his justification for this..what an utter fud.

if he was in your local, spinning that yarn, you would send the cunt home in a taxi on the basis that he was hammered...

Deluded, out of touch with reality. 

Utter desperation because the daft cunt pays players £500k per week.

3 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

Just watched the interview with the Real Madrid, dude explaining his justification for this..what an utter fud.

if he was in your local, spinning that yarn, you would send the cunt home in a taxi on the basis that he was hammered...

Of course they are, they have to spin it as if it’s not a big fat money grab,when everybody knows what this is

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Deluded, out of touch with reality. 

Utter desperation because the daft cunt pays players £500k per week.

Exactly and who are the folk trying to stop this!the governments! And how much is Johnson’s salary per year?.161k per year!but Madrid’s chairman pays half a million a week on one player?

so who has the power?

a would say the money men!, historically it always is