European Super League

9 hours ago, Big Dode said:

The idea was only proposed to be used as leverage in future negotiations,

If that was the case, they'd have rode it out longer.  They now look weak, they buckled too quickly at the pressure from fans, players, UEFA, etc.  A PR own goal.  

9 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

All the money goes on players and agents ultimately. Why don't the daft cunts just stop paying so much if they are so skint?

Because they are all competing against each other to get the best players.  This cartel league was going to be part of the solution as they'd be working in cahoots and the power switches back to them rather than the player/agents.

1 minute ago, Foster14 said:

If that was the case, they'd have rode it out longer.  They now look weak, they buckled too quickly at the pressure from fans, players, UEFA, etc.  A PR own goal.  

Because they are all competing against each other to get the best players.  This cartel league was going to be part of the solution as they'd be working in cahoots and the power switches back to them rather than the player/agents.

It was never going to come off. 

But the speed of the backtracking makes me suspicious of their real motives in this which I suspect was to use this as a threat and a bargaining tool with uefa and their domestic leagues all along. 

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It was never going to come off. 

But the speed of the backtracking makes me suspicious of their real motives in this which I suspect was to use this as a threat and a bargaining tool with uefa and their domestic leagues all along. 

Defo, just couldn’t see them backtracking as fast, last time it was the FFP that they got rushed through, wonder what riches was given to them now. Disappointed as I thought the domino effect could have seen the huns and Celtic fucking off.shame

I'm sure the new CL proposal contains some bullshit about all time coefficient. 

So, a team like Arsenal could get in even if they don't finish in the top 4 due to their coefficient being good historically. 

UEFA and Sky, and the Premier League are a bunch of divs lacking in self awareness. 

54 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I'm sure the new CL proposal contains some bullshit about all time coefficient. 

So, a team like Arsenal could get in even if they don't finish in the top 4 due to their coefficient being good historically. 

UEFA and Sky, and the Premier League are a bunch of divs lacking in self awareness. 

It was Liverpool and Chelsea that was getting the nod to get a champion leagues spot even if they didn’t qualify in the top 4 for next years competition leaving 6 teams in the champions league next year.lucky if there’s one representative from Scotland as I think first has to play a playoff round to get in

1 minute ago, Dons79 said:

It was Liverpool and Chelsea that was getting the nod to get a champion leagues spot even if they didn’t qualify in the top 4 for next years competition leaving 6 teams in the champions league next year.lucky if there’s one representative from Scotland as I think first has to play a playoff round to get in

Farce. 

32 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Every cloud.

FTH

This is all a load of rubbish, the likes of Brighton and CP chairman coming out because these clubs were looking out for themselves, same as every pl chairman when they voted on current structure or do they actually feel there is integrity in 4 English clubs in the champions league straight into group stages while other actual champions of leagues don’t even get in to the main competition. They are all. 2 faced and greedy. At least super league owners admit it!!

6 hours ago, shut up meg said:

The pivotal change in the reforms announced by the UEFA Executive Committee after its meeting on 19 April 2021 is the departure from the current format’s opening 32-team group stage. The present Champions League season begins with participants divided into eight groups of four. From the 2024/25 season, there will be a single league made up of all 36 competing clubs. This will give four more sides the opportunity to compete against the best clubs in Europe.

Under the new format, teams will play four matches more than is currently the case. They will no longer play three opponents twice – home and away – but will instead face fixtures against 10 different teams, half of them at home and half of them away. This gives the opportunity for clubs to test themselves against a wider range of opponents – and also raises the prospect of fans seeing the top teams go head to head more often earlier in the competition. The new format should mean that there is more to play for right up until the final night of league action.

A 36 team league and each team plays 10 games???? WTF????

Top 8 automatically qualify for last 16 with playoffs between 9th-16th V 17th-24th to decide the other 8 qualifiers. 

Can't get my head around that at all.

Same page says that the Europa & Conference leagues group stages will also "evolve into" a similar single league.

4 minutes ago, Medw1311 said:

A 36 team league and each team plays 10 games???? WTF????

Top 8 automatically qualify for last 16 with playoffs between 9th-16th V 17th-24th to decide the other 8 qualifiers. 

Can't get my head around that at all.

Same page says that the Europa & Conference leagues group stages will also "evolve into" a similar single league.

What the actual fuck is this pish.

The Rangers and Celtic are wanted to join a British League - as part of the fall-out of the failed Euro breakaway plot.

“It is time we opened it up to Rangers and Celtic. That would make sense for everyone.”

This old chestnut again.

The Rangers and Celtic wanted in British League as part of fall-out of failed European Super League plans (thescottishsun.co.uk)

2 hours ago, Lencarl said:

The Rangers and Celtic are wanted to join a British League - as part of the fall-out of the failed Euro breakaway plot.

“It is time we opened it up to Rangers and Celtic. That would make sense for everyone.”

This old chestnut again.

The Rangers and Celtic wanted in British League as part of fall-out of failed European Super League plans (thescottishsun.co.uk)

"It is suggested the likes of Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and the Dundee clubs might see a league without the Old Firm as far more winnable."

Surprise surprise they've changed their viewpoint from 2012 and are now suggesting that the Scottish Premiership league would benefit from not having rangers and Celtic in it. 

Anyone who didn't know better might think that the position of the west coast media changes depending on what agenda Rangers and Celtic are currently pursuing. 

32 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

"It is suggested the likes of Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and the Dundee clubs might see a league without the Old Firm as far more winnable."

Surprise surprise they've changed their viewpoint from 2012 and are now suggesting that the Scottish Premiership league would benefit from not having rangers and Celtic in it. 

Anyone who didn't know better might think that the position of the west coast media changes depending on what agenda Rangers and Celtic are currently pursuing. 

Or that Celtic didn’t have the balls to go it alone and were, at best, relatively complacent about their arse cheek cousins revival.

2 hours ago, Lencarl said:

This old chestnut again.

They can fuck off anytime they want.

Only concern is they would want to leave Colt Teams and the powers that run Scottish football would do everything to force it through. 

If they want to leave then fine but no Colt teams left.

15 minutes ago, brownie said:

Imagine Tarquin or Tamara sitting in their £800 bog standard season ticket seats and listening to mutants singing about killing British soldiers or being up to their knees in fenian blood.

I don’t think it’s the game that’s problem, it’ll be all Russ Abbot.  It’s when they go home to their pish £850k 3 bed and find those playful orcs taking a shite in their garden that the fun will start.

Just now, AllyDon said:

Only concern is they would want to leave Colt Teams and the powers that run Scottish football would do everything to force it through. 

It’s interesting though.  I think we have to use the English fans reaction as a weapon against Colts.  I’m fully expecting our lot to hold up the whole local working mans game thing as an arguement FOR them!

1 hour ago, AllyDon said:

Spot on.  Feel free to fuck off but do it properly

Boris Johnson will back The Rangers and Celtic joining British Super League to stop Scottish Independence. :dontknow:

The Sun have it all worked out including the Glasgow clubs could still play in Cup competitions in Scotland when they leave the Scottish game.

This must be one the strangest articles the Sun have ever published And that's saying something. 

:hysterical:

British Super League: What is it, will Rangers and Celtic join and how will it work? (thescottishsun.co.uk)

19 minutes ago, Lencarl said:

Boris Johnson will back The Rangers and Celtic joining British Super League to stop Scottish Independence. :dontknow:

The Sun have it all worked out including the Glasgow clubs could still play in Cup competitions in Scotland when they leave the Scottish game.

This must be one the strangest articles the Sun have ever published And that's saying something. 

:hysterical:

British Super League: What is it, will Rangers and Celtic join and how will it work? (thescottishsun.co.uk)

Typical shite written by in-house hack as click bait. Likely a Hun supporting employee. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Aye,  when the huns died it was the death of Scottish fitba,  but if both huns and victims disappeared it would be good for Scottish fitba.  Arseholes.