Aberdeen 1 - 1 Celtic

12 minutes ago, Eugenefani said:

Deano just about greeting in post match interview , big ash pleased with the performance. That’s the difference 

What’s the difference? ??‍♂️

8 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

The silver lining of the McInnes era is that I didn't even care when Celtic equalised,. Did not give one fuck. 

Seems Derek managed to kill all my passion for the club. 

You really are an absolute weapon.

2 minutes ago, Roberto said:

We seem to be playing a card of 'massive change from years gone by'.

Celtic have literally FUCK ALL to play for. We dominated cause we have something to play for, but yet still didn't win the game.

From 35 mins onward seemed to sit off them. I didn't see Glass shouting at the players to push up.

Unsure what the message was at half time.

I've seen this all before... and not long ago. I ain't arsed about the result cause we weren't getting 3rd.

McGregor was never a penalty, but if other way around it would have been. Red card for Turnbull absolutely. Other way round it would have been.

Celtic have pumped us every single time we play them over the last few years regardless of what meaning the game has in the grand scheme of things. If you are suggesting they were half arsed tonight because there’s nothing to play for then how does that fit the narrative of Scott Brown the great captain and motivator who will raise standards and have us winning things?

• Downvote 2
5 minutes ago, Roberto said:

We seem to be playing a card of 'massive change from years gone by'.

Celtic have literally FUCK ALL to play for. We dominated cause we have something to play for, but yet still didn't win the game.

From 35 mins onward seemed to sit off them. I didn't see Glass shouting at the players to push up.

Unsure what the message was at half time.

I've seen this all before... and not long ago. I ain't arsed about the result cause we weren't getting 3rd.

McGregor was never a penalty, but if other way around it would have been. Red card for Turnbull absolutely. Other way round it would have been.

Glass literally shouting at them to get up at one point. Was clear. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

First time I have been truly gutted about a defeat for a while, good performance and we did well to keep ahead considering most played 120 minutes Saturday, plain and simple cheating from Collum not sending off Turnbull you wouldn't see that anywhere else but against the Cheeks in Scotland. Thought we defended well in our shape but got forward in numbers when we could. Ferguson should kill the game off but Tims had plenty chances also. Ramsay looks good, Fergie and the Technician were superb in midfield and the lad Hendry is growing on me also, he certainly puts a shift in and its good to see the old Jonny Hayes back

Just now, Sheepo said:

First time I have been truly gutted about a defeat for a while, good performance and we did well to keep ahead considering most played 120 minutes Saturday, plain and simple cheating from Collum not sending off Turnbull you wouldn't see that anywhere else but against the Cheeks in Scotland. Thought we defended well in our shape but got forward in numbers when we could. Ferguson should kill the game off but Tims had plenty chances also. Ramsay looks good, Fergie and the Technician were superb in midfield and the lad Hendry is growing on me also, he certainly puts a shift in and its good to see the old Jonny Hayes back

Ken it feels like a defeat but we drew min ?

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, Roberto said:

One point... From 35 mins?

Listen, this isn't his team, that is evident. But folk getting excited with a performance like that against a Celtic team with fuck all to play for is laughable.

They were absolutely honking, yet still couldn't beat them. Give all the negatives on the post you want, but that's the truth of the matter.

35 mins onwards from what I saw, we just seemed to settle into a Derek McInnes 'settle for what we have' sort of team.

That said, this isn't Glass team. But those first 35 mins were class and we should have been 3 nil up... we weren't, second half we weren't really in the game. Every man in our own half...

P.S Dean Campbell, fucking class again!!! The haters on that front, Keep at it. Cause the boy is class.

So just to be clear, you’re saying Scott Brown quite happily let himself and his teammates put in a half-arsed performance?

4 minutes ago, Roberto said:

One point... From 35 mins?

Listen, this isn't his team, that is evident. But folk getting excited with a performance like that against a Celtic team with fuck all to play for is laughable.

They were absolutely honking, yet still couldn't beat them. Give all the negatives on the post you want, but that's the truth of the matter.

35 mins onwards from what I saw, we just seemed to settle into a Derek McInnes 'settle for what we have' sort of team.

That said, this isn't Glass team. But those first 35 mins were class and we should have been 3 nil up... we weren't, second half we weren't really in the game. Every man in our own half...

P.S Dean Campbell, fucking class again!!! The haters on that front, Keep at it. Cause the boy is class.

Willie Miller saying the same.

7 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I would say Celtic were very poor (it happens) but yet Aberdeen still couldn't beat them.

You sit off players, and drop back (seen that before) then you know what happens... It was coming.

A terrible TERRIBLE Celtic performance with nothing to play for. Going through the motions waiting for a new manager, still couldn't beat them.

I hope Cormack has deep pockets, cause the quicker Glass implements his OWN team the fucking better. These cunts (barring a few players) still have the McInnes-ball in mind.

As good or bad as Celtic were, we actually looked like we were up for the fight for once. That's a massive improvement on the gutlessness McInnes instilled into the team. 

As we kick out his shite and replace them we might actually be competitive again. 

Score was irrelevant really, and Celtic dominated us no less than they usually do, particularly that second half. 

Not giving a fuck if we win lose or draw, though, I thought that would disappear with McInnes', but apparently not. 

?

• Upvote 2
  • Dildo 2
12 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I would say Celtic were very poor (it happens) but yet Aberdeen still couldn't beat them.

You sit off players, and drop back (seen that before) then you know what happens... It was coming.

A terrible TERRIBLE Celtic performance with nothing to play for. Going through the motions waiting for a new manager, still couldn't beat them.

I hope Cormack has deep pockets, cause the quicker Glass implements his OWN team the fucking better. These cunts (barring a few players) still have the McInnes-ball in mind.

Celtic were poor in the first half, but we were good. High tempo and a genuine threat. I take your point about could’ve beaten them but didn’t , but I’m optimistic because we should’ve been them tonight and it’s not often we say that in games v Celtic.

We got a bit deep at times in the second half, but we always carried a threat. Given the shite we have watched for some time now, I think we should allow ourselves to be optimistic.

we do need players and I’m sure we will invest over the summer. However, in the main that was good tonight for the most part.

• Upvote 1

We were really good most of the first half.  Put them under pressure and played in their half. 

Sat back a bit too much second half.  Wasn't helped by bringing McGeouch on for an attacking player. Hornby might have been a better choice in hindsight. 

We looked tired towards the end. 

More positives than negatives though.  Still early days. 

Ferguson looked interested again which was welcome.  The younger guys like Ramsay and Campbell also looked assured in possession. 

And a wee shout out for Hendry. Put in a good shift tonight. 

12 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

As good or bad as Celtic were, we actually looked like we were up for the fight for once. That's a massive improvement on the gutlessness McInnes instilled into the team. 

As we kick out his shite and replace them we might actually be competitive again. 

Score was irrelevant really, and Celtic dominated us no less than they usually do, particularly that second half. 

Not giving a fuck if we win lose or draw, though, I thought that would disappear with McInnes', but apparently not. 

?

Surely you don't believe that?

They had lots of the ball but we created a similar amount of chances to them. I wouldn't say tonights game was anything like the usual tripe we see against Celtic. We were far braver in possession, especially with Woods zinging it to the full backs, and I thought we pressed when we had to a lot better. 

Glass has only been in the door a week, give him a couple more months with a decent group of core players, the ability to  make moves in the transfer market, and I think we'll be just fine. 

Just about every aspect of our play tonight was an improvement on McInnes' approach v Celtic. A loss of concentration near the end cost us, but we could've had 3/4 goals tonight with the clear cut chances we created, how often could we say that against Celtic under McInnes?

Gutted not to win but happy to see positive changes in the approach.

Just now, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Surely you don't believe that?

They had lots of the ball but we created a similar amount of chances to them. I wouldn't say tonights game was anything like the usual tripe we see against Celtic. We were far braver in possession, especially with Woods zinging it to the full backs, and I thought we pressed when we had to a lot better. 

Glass has only been in the door a week, give him a couple more months with a decent group of core players, the ability to bring make moves in the transfer market, and I think we'll be just fine. 

Just about every aspect of our play tonight was an improvement on McInnes' approach v Celtic. A lose of concentration near the end cost us, but we could've had 3/4 goals tonight with the clear cut chances we created, how often could we say that against Celtic under McInnes?

Gutted not to win but happy to see positive changes in the approach.

Celtic were woeful in that first half, slowest I've seen them start a game to be fair. We went at them and created chances, but as bad as Celtic were they also created chances, and as the game wore on we fell further and further back until we were just way too deep in the way we always end up. 

By the latter stages it was just Celtic pounding us. Same as it ever was.

I don't blame Glass for that... 

The primary difference for me was our intent. It looked like we thought we could beat them, and we might very well have done that.

That' can't be overstated. We looked like we thought we could beat them.

• Upvote 1

Quite a few positives to take from that.

There is no way McInnes would ever have played Ramsay or MacKenzie at full back v Celtic. He would have much rather have been signing shite like Halford and Leigh.

Created a number of good chances, Ferguson really should have buried the one he hit the post with.

The big negative is we yet again fail to keep a shut out v Celtic.

9 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

One of the golden rules for full backs....

Do everything you can to stop the cross coming in in the first place.

If anything the young lad was more to “blame”?

Point well made on stopping the cross, but it wasn’t as if he was on the byline crossing it. From memory he was about 25 yards out. The centre half’s should’ve either held a higher line or picked up the runner and they didn’t. Reminded me a bit of the Harry Kane equaliser against Scotland..

Either that or I’m just defending the young lad, who looks a phenomenal prospect..

That's third place finally gone.

I wasn't distraught when the equaliser went in as i didnt really believe we could do it but if we'd won we would have had a right good chance all dependent on st johnstone getting a result against hibs.

heyho league season over but we can keep some meaning to the last games by winning on Sunday.