Aberdeen 1 - 1 Celtic

Just now, Millertime said:

How is it gone?

Beat hibs, it's 3 points in it and we still play Livi,  "rangers" and St Johnstone?

eh? weve already beaten st johnstone. they are 6 points + GD ahead with 9 points to play for.

We are in to snookers now

17 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

Point well made on stopping the cross, but it wasn’t as if he was on the byline crossing it. From memory he was about 25 yards out. The centre half’s should’ve either held a higher line or picked up the runner and they didn’t. Reminded me a bit of the Harry Kane equaliser against Scotland..

Either that or I’m just defending the young lad, who looks a phenomenal prospect..

Aye fair point.

It was about level with the box so maybe a higher line would’ve helped. 

Even a yard or two. 

Human nature I suppose, 93rd minute, heavy legs, you retreat towards your goal to defend the goal.

And I’m not having a go at the young lad Ramsay at all. He’s a good prospect.

Nreds to build his fitness though. He came off with cramp after 65 mins against Dumbarton & was blowing at the end tonight after about 75 minutes on the pitch. 

12 minutes ago, Millertime said:

How is it gone?

Beat hibs, it's 3 points in it and we still play Livi,  "rangers" and St Johnstone?

What?

We’ve played St Johnstone already.

Livi (a), Hibs (h) & scum (a).

The goal difference is another point to Hibs.

They're effectively 7 ahead. 
Even if they lose all 3, we need to win all 3.

It’s not “gone” but it’s hugely unlikely. 

14 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Huns lose the Scottish cup, then the winner goes into the group stages.

Better if we win it ?

Well aye was meaning huns out at the weekend and then at that point it would be known that third is irrelevant and its all on the cup

23 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye fair point.

It was about level with the box so maybe a higher line would’ve helped. 

Even a yard or two. 

Human nature I suppose, 93rd minute, heavy legs, you retreat towards your goal to defend the goal.

And I’m not having a go at the young lad Ramsay at all. He’s a good prospect.

Nreds to build his fitness though. He came off with cramp after 65 mins against Dumbarton & was blowing at the end tonight after about 75 minutes on the pitch. 

No reserve and under 20 games in a year, no surprise the young guys feel it. Need games not training.

2 hours ago, daytripping said:

No reserve and under 20 games in a year, no surprise the young guys feel it. Need games not training.

Quite a few lads looked like they'd run out of legs by the end - not just the young lads.  We're not fit enough right now.  If we've all noted it, I'm certain the new management team will have too!

I'm really disappointed by the result. Feels like a loss. It wasn't shite like I'd previously stated. Frustrating but not shite.

Campbell, Ramsay, Mackenzie have me excited by the future. Some of Campbell's passing at times was superb.

The style of play was so much more promising then what we have become use to.

I think we are in very good hands with Glass, Russell and Brown at the helm.

4 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

Quite a few lads looked like they'd run out of legs by the end - not just the young lads.  We're not fit enough right now.  If we've all noted it, I'm certain the new management team will have too!

Odd though.  Again that was a McInnes plus point.  He seemed quite good at pacing us through a season to the end.  If anything I always felt he was over cautious early in to achieve this.  Another thing that’s gone to rat shit this season (and arguably since getting Cormack park opened).

2 minutes ago, Lencarl said:

In the cold light of day to lose with seconds to go was very annoying.

Celtic had the bulk of the play but we had chances to wrap the game up.

Important now we beat Dundee United.

Glass is still undefeated, long may it continue. 

It may feel like a loss but it was a bloody draw. 

Game should’ve been wrapped up but Aberdeen weren’t clinical enough. Got to remember Aberdeen had just played 120 minutes at the weekend so the players were always going to tire towards the end. 

I see it in a positive light Aberdeen got a point most people didn’t think they would get and there’s also signs of what’s to come and exciting football. 1pt is better than none in my book

Was gutted when the goal went in but that feeling relented fairly quickly. If we're being honest, third was a bit of an ask given we still had both Celtic and Rangers to play. It would've required Hibs to drop points in the earlier game. 

A lot to take from that game last night. Campbell's passing and composure was top stuff and he can break things up, showing he does have what it takes and is capable in that holding role. I don't think he's going to be popping up with many goals but neither did Ryan Jack and he was pretty effective in that role. 

Ramsay looked a very confident, comfortable on the ball, unfazed player. Perhaps pushing it a bit because he's only had two games or whatever but he reminded me a bit of Tierney. Add in Mackenzie's discipline and defending then we have three potential first team players, two in problem positions, for next season. The picture begins to look brighter. 

We were a bit deep at times and went without the ball for long spells but there was a lot to take encouragement. Could and should have killed it off. Sick of playing against an extra man in the ref in these games though. It's beyond a joke. 

I think for the first time in a long time you could see that certain things like shape with and without the ball had been worked at on the training ground. Sometimes I would say after a Mcinnes game what have they been doing all week in training because you couldn't work out what the game plan was.

It was also very refreshing to see Glass after the game have a go at the referee.

10 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

What’s the difference? ??‍♂️

You really are an absolute weapon.

Celtic have pumped us every single time we play them over the last few years regardless of what meaning the game has in the grand scheme of things. If you are suggesting they were half arsed tonight because there’s nothing to play for then how does that fit the narrative of Scott Brown the great captain and motivator who will raise standards and have us winning things?

Your obsession with going against the grain really does make you come across as an absolute weapon. 

33 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

I think for the first time in a long time you could see that certain things like shape with and without the ball had been worked at on the training ground. Sometimes I would say after a Mcinnes game what have they been doing all week in training because you couldn't work out what the game plan was.

It was also very refreshing to see Glass after the game have a go at the referee.

Aye it was fair to have a go at the referee because he was useless. I can say that even though i'm not convinced mcgregor on hayes was a penalty, a red card or a foul. Yes, I see that the replay looked a lot worse than real time but I'm still not convinced.

There was plenty minor bloopers from collum though and turnbull is a stonewall red.